Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlphaBetaDeux

Hope this works - first attempt at cross thread posting - hope I’ve done it right after @Traazers lesson the other week during our midnight chaos. Thought it worth sharing here in case some don’t follow the MT.
I have this book (fancy…or because I got it free with the BBC Good Food magazine subscription) and some of the recipes are absolutely delicious and so simple!

Reactions: 6

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Well lads you’ve just influenced me to add two Idahoans to my online shop. My child refuses my mash because it’s too lumpy (it’s not) and not yummy like at school. I know. Rude as fuck. 🙄
A potato ricer is your friend, guarantee no lumps

Reactions: 5

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I really like unsulpherated dried apricots. If at night you put a fair few in a container, just cover with boiling water and once cool enough cover, put in the fridge overnight, they are lovely. They can be chopped into cereral or yoghurt. Also delicious blended with the soaking liquid and served with Greek yoghurt or overnight oats.
Ooh yes to the unsulphered apricots! So different in taste and texture to the tough bright orange ones that never soften, even after stewing in a tagine for an age 😑

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Oh dear, will ask for it to be deleted!
Oh, it’s gone 🥺. Please put it here…

I have seen a really good recipe for spaghetti squash tagliatelle. I may attempt that tonight. (The recipe doesn’t have actual tagliatelle in it, but that doesn’t fit with my new way of thinking so I am adding pasta 😊).

Are we doing socks again?

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Anyone tried the hazlenut wispa gold? I've heard mixed reviews. Might see if I can find one later, I'm intrigued!

• Sick

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I did love that the peak I had of the Jack G threads were lots of his thot shots and/or pics of him playing football but in um interesting positions eg bent over. I just can’t see past his curtain hair cut. Makes me think of 90s boybands 😂
That’s what I thought! I love the unashamed thirst, get it girls (and guys I’m sure)! But omg that hair! 😆

• Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
Thank you for all of this!

2 questions - do you freeze the celery raw or cooked? When you make cabbage and potato soup do you blend it?

The rumbledethumps sound amazing.

I am starting to fry stuff again after years of not so doing that will a) be a challenge and b) be great if I do it. Challenge accepted 😂.

I also got some mathematical broccoli
(romanesco) but at the moment I cannot bear to cook it, I keep looking at the Fibonacci spirals.
You freeze the celery raw. you could do some onions and carrots at the same time so you get something like this soffritto. Re soup, you could blend it roughly, like this, which is a good recipe and sautéed the cabbage first. It’s on the Foodal site and uses white beans too.
5B433983-D604-4FC4-A7A9-8DCB8128674B.jpeg
8432EC24-6270-44C0-88FB-8092F23BEB4C.jpeg

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
I am in U.K. skippy is my fav
Not very easy to find.

You speak about this so well and sorry that you are going through this. Social anxiety can be crippling at times and people just assume you are being antisocial and want to stay at home but the feeling is entirely different.

I think although we are talking about MH more now in society, people still have a very reductionist idea of what certain conditions entail. Depression = sadness, ED= not eating , anxiety= stressed out. The fact is there is so much cross over between them. You can have psychotic episodes without being classified as psychotic, ED can cause you to have social anxiety due to the fear of eating in front of people etc. Particularly with depression, the feeling of not being good enough transfers to every part of life.

Acceptance by society is coming but I am not sure understanding is 100% there yet. MH is so complicated, unless you have experienced it, it is very difficult to fully empathise.

People still tell me things which will set off a day or two of not eating followed by bingeing (even though I have asked them not to mention weight loss, how their diet is going etc).

I know it is corny, but my mantra was to just complete each day.❤🤗

The general consensus in this house is vegan spread and peanut butter.

But NEVER without spread. Skippy is last resort 🤣🤣🤣.
More for moi!

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
I tried stuffed butternut once. Was not a success. May as well have had vegan sardines on toast.

Will try the acorn. They look lovely. Thank you 😊.
Fat Free Vegan Kitchen has a few recipes.
plus The Kitchn, A Sweet Pea Chef and Bianca Zapatka are all where I took pictures from. There is more of a natural cavity in an acorn squash. I often eat them on their own, just butter or oil insides after removing the seeds and bake cut side down which you have to do anyway before you stuff them.

Last edited:

Mustard

VIP Member
Is t a riff on soffriti? Heat it up a second time and that makes it a Ribolitta apparently
Those three ingredients are soffritto. Also good for pasta sauce. You can buy frozen mixes of the three ingredients to save the chopping. Or chop extra when you are doing it yourself and freeze for next time.

Last edited:
  • Heart

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Ooh yes to the unsulphered apricots! So different in taste and texture to the tough bright orange ones that never soften, even after stewing in a tagine for an age 😑
I haven't been able to find hunza apricots for years now, but those are brilliant (they absolutely needed cooking for a while, and always had stones in but totally worth it. Like toffees without endangering fillings).