Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
It was Chicken supreme !!! Rewind to school dinner primary school circa 1981 ! .. chicken supreme, excited much .. yeah I was and I served it with rice old skool. As anemic as I remember. Still as good as I remember, that was my favourite free school dinner

Reactions: 6

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Oh I listened to his interview on Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe’s Parenting He’ll podcast and it was so funny. And he could read me the telephone book (do they still exist?!) with his accent
Ugh yes, his accent is gorgeous! I‘ve always loved Welsh accents anyway.

I brought the thirst in! It's fine, it comes under the Drink bit of the title.

I don't really get the Sheen thing. Also I'm sure I've read on here that he's a twat. Sorry.

somehow he's even less attractive with normal hair though
Omg no don’t apologise! He’s a famous actor, I doubt any of them are saints!

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Well lads you’ve just influenced me to add two Idahoans to my online shop. My child refuses my mash because it’s too lumpy (it’s not) and not yummy like at school. I know. Rude as fuck. 🙄
Add a tiny bit more water than it says. Child will probably like it as no lumps if you use plenty of water.

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Hope this works - first attempt at cross thread posting - hope I’ve done it right after @Traazers lesson the other week during our midnight chaos. Thought it worth sharing here in case some don’t follow the MT.
Thank you just bought it such a lovely style my first Nigella book

• Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
Coleslaw is good any time of the year I think… particularly with burgers (any type).

My mum used to put raisins, peanuts and apple in hers. It must have been something they did in the late 70s and early 80s because by the time we were onto pesto in the 90s the raisins had gone 🤣.

Talking of which, when we had curry, we had tiny (smol) bowls of nuts, raisins, banana etc in the middle of the table. I mean, the curry and rice were bog standard so I have no idea where this custom came from.

Anyone else have this in their childhood (80s to early 90s)?
Definitely had banana raisins and nuts in curries and dried banana with other bits as accompaniments (am nearly 50)

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
yum. I've been known to fold put lil slivers of gruyere through instant mash before to make it *fancy* - a riff on aligot, if you will

I'm full of buffet, but I really want some instant mash now 😆
I hope today wasn’t too bad. ❤.

Plenty of leftover cheesy chips on my street if that helps?

• Heart

Fofoca

Chatty Member
Could you have a baked potato with the tuna ready pots on top (as Mayo is a no no)?

One of those ready done stir frys with a sauce and either quick noodles/microwave rice. If you get a lentily/chickpea rice then it will be more filling?

You could also add tinned lentils to a cheap tinned soup to make it into a meal.

Tbh I don’t know why I am answering, other people on here have fab ideas for food.
Thank you. Some good ideas for me to try. Suitable for my pocket and cooking skills!

I’ve never had lentils before so a good time to try it out. Been meaning to add it to my diet in general so fingers crossed I like them.

Been hunting for those tuna pots that come with fake mayo but my local supermarkets are out.

Those stir fry sauces sound like a good shout too, everything has been a bit one dimensional.

Thanks again.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I am another one who has butter with peanut butter on a sandwich! Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter and a cheap Tesco vegan spread 👩‍🍳 💋

I went to meet some friends today and had social anxiety. I’ve had lots of experience with anxiety, but luckily never social anxiety until today.

It’s just because I am going through depression at the moment (I’m not saying this in a sad-fishing way just to explain). Just now my brain rejects anything “good”.

To be honest it gave me even more respect for people who deal with social anxiety frequently, I’d always empathised, but now I know how it feels and ugh, it’s mentally and physically hard, and it must be so hard dealing with that on a daily basis, when we’re in such a socially-orientated world.

I am so lucky, I’ve always been able to just walk into a room of strangers, and not be shy. I’ve always been considerate of my more introverted friends, but now I have a bit more understanding of what it’s like, and just so much respect and admiration for anyone dealing with that.
Skippy it’s got to be skippy

• Haha

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Coleslaw is good any time of the year I think… particularly with burgers (any type).

My mum used to put raisins, peanuts and apple in hers. It must have been something they did in the late 70s and early 80s because by the time we were onto pesto in the 90s the raisins had gone 🤣.

Talking of which, when we had curry, we had tiny (smol) bowls of nuts, raisins, banana etc in the middle of the table. I mean, the curry and rice were bog standard so I have no idea where this custom came from.

Anyone else have this in their childhood (80s to early 90s)?
Child of the 1960s here, I think the bowls of bits were inspired by Vesta curry packet serving suggestions (like making a ring of rice on a serving plate with the curry in the middle).

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
My husband does all the cooking here and we have a mix of Green Pan and Sainsburys cookware. He really rates both but does especially love the Green Pan items