Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I am enjoying Claire Thomson / 5 o'clock apron's recipes and Instagram at the moment (careful with the spelling though, there is also a Clare Thompson whose books may not contain much cooking) - nice, peaceful, good antidote to the MT thread battering.
She is really relaxing to watch. Think that might be the place to be at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 6

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
@Sideboard Bob saw your post in forum business, followed the link to private eye, but couldn’t see anything on influenzers 🤪
Hey Captain! The link to Private Eye was just for their website, the part about influencers was in the thread here , where a Private Eye article about Mrs Hinch was copied out. I don’t really keep up with Hinch but it might be interesting for anyone who does.

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
I nearly bought this brown sauce the other day (feeling FANCY cos it’s nearly Christmas) but worried it wouldn’t be as good as HP? Are they alike / would you bother if you’re a HP stan?

Have you ever done this on a BBQ? I remember having one as a kid, it had jam on it tho? I didn’t love it but kid palettes are different, I’ll give cooking a banana a go though I’d be interested to see the results tbh. Not frying it like Jack does tho 😳

Thank you all for kind words re keys, hopefully today’s a better day!! xx
ive had this on a BBQ with (i think) cinnamon. my fave thing to do with bananas is chop them in pieces, freeze them, then dip in melted chocolate (my fave is dark but any would be good) then freeze again until the chocolate is frozen. delicious!

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
thanks, lads. ❤ it's been ok. He was catholic and, although I went to a catholic school and went to catholic services, I'm atheist and I've never actually done a church funeral before, only the crematorium. so all the 'stand up, sit down, stand up again, sing a bit, let's have another prayer, here's the transubstantiation bit' was all a bit much. and freezing! give me the comfy seats and central heating of a nice crem any day over the hard pews, stone floors and draughts of a mid-century suburban church!

anyway, it was widely agreed that it was 'a lovely service', 'a lovely spot' and 'a lovely spread' - all the hallmarks of a good send off

the regulars of the pub we had the wake in got dibs on the leftover buffet

I kinda felt grubby after being around so many people for the first time in nearly 2 years, convinced I'm gonna get covid or the super cold

I have dispatched mr kcc to his mam's to hang out with her, his brother and his son for a bit

I have my eye on a pot of instant mash for my lonesome tea. I have been influenced by this thread

sorry to bore on. thanks for asking, love this community ❤
Sending love to you & Mr Kcc. Hope you enjoy your mash ❤

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
I’m making this soup from Morrisons - forgot to soak it yesterday so soaking it today to make it up for tomorrow’s lunch. First tried it at my parents and it was really good. I don’t usually do lumpy soup (I’m a bit funny with food textures) but this was really good. It says to soak for 8-12hrs but am soaking for 24hrs as my mum found the marrowfat peas and split peas had a bit too much bite. You can also make it in a slow cooker (with additional pre soaking/boiling instructions). It’s a really lovely hearty winter soup.

I also feel like I’ve said the words ‘soak’ and ‘soaking’ too much they no longer make sense 😂.

View attachment 849829
View attachment 849830

I’m off to get my flu jab later. Was meant to get (a paid) one through the pharmacy the other day but they didn’t have any (and didn’t ring to tell me before I trekked there with Little Beds). Then I got a text from my GP surgery inviting me in for one. Not sure what qualifies me but must remember to complain that my GP didn’t call me after prescribing some steroid cream and super strong antihistamines to try and calm my super crazy skin this week 🤪.
Sainsbury’s used to sell one like this but it also had little bits of pasta in too. I used to make this recipe, which at the time said “country soup mix” instead of the lentils and pearl barley it does now. Just use this mix and and add your own little pasta if you like.

• Heart

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I’m loving the peanut butter chat and how loyal we all are to specific ones 😂.

For the record Meridian Peanut butter - prefer crunchy but currently have the smooth version due to little people. Though I also like the Pip and Nut Almond butter.

And always butter/spread on bread regardless of if sauce is involved or how fresh the bread is.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
@Falkor so sorry to here what's happened to your neighbour Joyce beautiful girl Vicky . She seems such a lovely caring lady .
Oh no I just googled- was this the trainee sheepdog who the Ewerthmics got left with after eating all the extra sheep food even though they weren’t pregnant and they got too fat?

• Sad

Mustard

VIP Member
Sending hugs to you and your giant cats ❤❤❤.

In other news, @Mustard , love what you are having to eat later, but I think the tattlers over in a certain gurning, maxi dress-wearing, Tunbridge Wells residing thread might be a bit confused over your scrummy looking pasta!!!
Oh dear, will ask for it to be deleted!

• Haha
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Sorry guys, I don’t follow the thread or SM just watch the episodes I suppose.
Why is Christine such a narcissist?

Those twins are hairless cats though! So are they still together? Or is it a showmance?

• Haha
  • Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
I’m making this soup from Morrisons - forgot to soak it yesterday so soaking it today to make it up for tomorrow’s lunch. First tried it at my parents and it was really good. I don’t usually do lumpy soup (I’m a bit funny with food textures) but this was really good. It says to soak for 8-12hrs but am soaking for 24hrs as my mum found the marrowfat peas and split peas had a bit too much bite. You can also make it in a slow cooker (with additional pre soaking/boiling instructions). It’s a really lovely hearty winter soup.

I also feel like I’ve said the words ‘soak’ and ‘soaking’ too much they no longer make sense 😂.

View attachment 849829
View attachment 849830

I’m off to get my flu jab later. Was meant to get (a paid) one through the pharmacy the other day but they didn’t have any (and didn’t ring to tell me before I trekked there with Little Beds). Then I got a text from my GP surgery inviting me in for one. Not sure what qualifies me but must remember to complain that my GP didn’t call me after prescribing some steroid cream and super strong antihistamines to try and calm my super crazy skin this week 🤪.
I use this quite regularly! If I’m in Belfast I pick up some soup barley but this does the job when I’m in England. Very good stuff indeed!

emm

VIP Member
Revels (not minstrel, malteaser or coffee- they are yum), wine gums, reeses anything, green fruit pastilles, purple skittles, sour stuff.

I love giant chocolate buttons.
I don't know why I stopped getting notifications for this thread, just catching up! Have you tried the giant cadbury mint buttons? amazing!

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
@farmdrop have gone out of business today in case anyone has placed an order with them.

• Wow
  • Sad

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Continuing the tea chat from the MT, has anyone tried this tea brand from the Netherlands, Pickwick?
They have so many flavours, I always loved the seasonal ones like Autumn Storm and Winter Glow. In Dutch parlance they‘re f*ckin’ lekker! They also have a cute thing where the label tags on the teabags each have a different question to start a chat over your cuppa!

I haven't, but now I have to. I've gone for caramelised pear 😊

• Heart