Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I may have overmixed it then @Falkor. Nevermind. I’ll smother it in icing and eat it anyway if course!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello fraus 👋🏽 I've come here to shamelessly beg, much like queen or the povs Jackie Monroe. Italian cuisine is my favourite and I'd love to be able to cook it better, please can anyone recommend any cookbooks for those of us who are kitchen challenged? 😂 I can cook basic dishes okay, but I'd like to be able to make some stuff well, like lasagne (made my first ever white sauce from scratch back in the heady days of DKL thanks to the canal)

I've attached a picture of a poor dead blue bird to pledge my allegiance to vlad

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My cooking is lame as but one thing I’ve enjoyed recently has been buying a basil plant and having growing on the windowsill. I just love fresh basil. And oregano but you need a hedge of that.
Fresh herbs esp fresh basil elevates the taste of any old toot.

Reactions: 15
Hello fraus 👋🏽 I've come here to shamelessly beg, much like queen or the povs Jackie Monroe. Italian cuisine is my favourite and I'd love to be able to cook it better, please can anyone recommend any cookbooks for those of us who are kitchen challenged? 😂 I can cook basic dishes okay, but I'd like to be able to make some stuff well, like lasagne (made my first ever white sauce from scratch back in the heady days of DKL thanks to the canal)

I've attached a picture of a poor dead blue bird to pledge my allegiance to vlad
That Man is always reliable, all recipes here are ranked from super easy, not too tricking and showing off, along with the approximate total cooking time

Delia Smith and Nigella are also super reliable recipes wise and have good websites

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have a decent-sized oregano plant in my landlord's garden but I have neglected it this year and now it's mostly DEAD. Basil is my favourite but I don't dare have any indoor plants due to Sideboard Cat's innate desire to destroy all I hold dear when my back is turned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

surprised @emm hasn’t beat me to recommend rachel roddy! she is a wonderful chef, highly recommend her book Two Kitchens which is focused on recipes from Rome and Sicily. she also has a weekly column in the guardian!
I am now officially a psychotherapist in training 🎉🎉🎉 maybe in 5 year’s time i will be able to figure out what the duck is going on in jackie’s wee brain

• Heart
Reactions: 27
surprised @emm hasn’t beat me to recommend rachel roddy! she is a wonderful chef, highly recommend her book Two Kitchens which is focused on recipes from Rome and Sicily. she also has a weekly column in the guardian!
I am now officially a psychotherapist in training 🎉🎉🎉 maybe in 5 year’s time i will be able to figure out what the duck is going on in jackie’s wee brain
Aah congratulations good luck

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I haven't got it yet but a friend has her latest pasta one which is also great!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Boring job update. I applied and interviewed yesterday for the job but didn’t get it. It was good to get my CV in order and have the experience of an interview and a confident boost of sorts that I was given an interview.

A point of contention was that it was a full time post and I couldn’t, despite my efforts convince them it could be done part time/appease their concerns (I gave examples of how their concerns could be mitigated and spoke with Pregnant Than Screwed prior to the interview wh). Which is frustrating on my part, especially as one of them has successfully shown a senior role can be done part time but probably one of those we are both right both wrong if that makes sense?

The thing that has left me quite miffed and feeling a bit flat is that they emailed to tell me I hadn’t got the role and didn’t call. It was an internal interview with a team I work in (I’m split across two teams) so figured a call would be common courtesy? I’ve asked for some feedback and have a call scheduled next week as it would be useful to know what I could improve upon etc.

One good thing (I think) is that I know what direction I want to take work wise and that maybe I bring forward my plans to retrain?

@blurstoftimes that’s brilliant news. Will you prescribe your blurst beans once qualified in lieu of lipstick?

Dinner tonight is Dan Dan noodles via the Instant Pot.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone made the Alison Roman chickpea stew/soup that has been making the rounds on the internet for the last two years? I only just heard about it and then noticed that Courtney Adamo, mama extraordinaire 😖did it yesterday and there’s a swipe up to the recipe with loads of comments, critiques and suggestions.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Has anyone made the Alison Roman chickpea stew/soup that has been making the rounds on the internet for the last two years? I only just heard about it and then noticed that Courtney Adamo, mama extraordinaire 😖did it yesterday and there’s a swipe up to the recipe with loads of comments, critiques and suggestions.
the thing that puts me off this recipe is the inclusion of a 1 and 1/2 tsp of turmeric AND more to sprinkle on top. That is sooooo much turmeric wtf! Also using olive oil with ginger and turmeric feels odd to me. Would be interested to hear the outcome though!

the thing that puts me off this recipe is the inclusion of a 1 and 1/2 tsp of turmeric AND more to sprinkle on top. That is sooooo much turmeric wtf! Also using olive oil with ginger and turmeric feels odd to me. Would be interested to hear the outcome though!
Courtney Adamo made it, but I think she used fresh coriander which they had grown.

Ocado are sending out £20 vouchers to use by 10 September as an apology for the problems suffered after the warehouse fire. I just received one.

Last edited:
Thanking you muchly to @heretoreaditall2019 and @Pocahontas for the IT Cosmetics cc cream rec. Had our event recently and it was bloody lovely to only have just 1 thing to worry about in terms of make up. Going to continue using it on a more day to day basis for the benefits of what is in it, my poor skin has been neglected since number 2 child was born!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lads I have forgiven creme fraise for existing, I’ve been using it for EtonMess for a few days now and it’s great!

I feel like when I had it before it was the low fat version? It was sour then “nothing” this starts like yoghurt then ends like double cream, it’s lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thanking you muchly to @heretoreaditall2019 and @Pocahontas for the IT Cosmetics cc cream rec. Had our event recently and it was bloody lovely to only have just 1 thing to worry about in terms of make up. Going to continue using it on a more day to day basis for the benefits of what is in it, my poor skin has been neglected since number 2 child was born!
Yay! So glad it’s worked for you - I bought it from a recommendation in this thread as well 😂
Just so easy, isn’t it and not with the caked on make up look.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.