Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads I have forgiven creme fraise for existing, I’ve been using it for EtonMess for a few days now and it’s great!

I feel like when I had it before it was the low fat version? It was sour then “nothing” this starts like yoghurt then ends like double cream, it’s lovely.
It’s even better when you add some norty icing sugar in.

Reactions: 5
Thanking you muchly to @heretoreaditall2019 and @Pocahontas for the IT Cosmetics cc cream rec. Had our event recently and it was bloody lovely to only have just 1 thing to worry about in terms of make up. Going to continue using it on a more day to day basis for the benefits of what is in it, my poor skin has been neglected since number 2 child was born!
Oh I've just bought it this morning after trying it ages ago. PSA It's on offer in Boots and look fantastic. Look fantastic didn't have all the shades in stock though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Yay! So glad it’s worked for you - I bought it from a recommendation in this thread as well 😂
Just so easy, isn’t it and not with the caked on make up look.
I'm now annoyed I just bought a new tube of eborian bb cream - it is brilliant and I swear by it but I am now feeling #influenced! Can I justify buying this one too? Its cc cream rather than bb so that's okay, right?!

@Falkor I wanted to send you a PM but I don't think you can get them? Mr C and I are coming to Scotland for a wedding in December and trying to plan a little roadtrip and if my memory serves correctly I think you mentioned you have an airbnb or something similar, so if we are in your area would love to support a fellow frau if possible! Do you have a website or something I can look at??

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm now annoyed I just bought a new tube of eborian bb cream - it is brilliant and I swear by it but I am now feeling #influenced! Can I justify buying this one too? Its cc cream rather than bb so that's okay, right?!

@Falkor I wanted to send you a PM but I don't think you can get them? Mr C and I are coming to Scotland for a wedding in December and trying to plan a little roadtrip and if my memory serves correctly I think you mentioned you have an airbnb or something similar, so if we are in your area would love to support a fellow frau if possible! Do you have a website or something I can look at??
Do it! I saw some reviews that weren't impressed. The good reviews were a mix of it working straight away and taking a week or two to get the desired effect. It seems that it depends on the state of your skin beforehand. I didn't have time to use it a week before our event so just moisturised plenty and used a damp beauty blender to apply and it was amazing. Light and not cakey! With the spf and moisturiser it feels like it's good for my skin too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7

That's very kind of you and well remembered! If you go onto either cottages.com or one of its sub brands (Scottish Cottages, Hoseasons etc) and search for property reference UK5646 or UK30486, those are our two - the first one we look after ourselves, the second one is 20 miles up the coast and is looked after by a lady in the area who has a cottage cleaning business. We are very, very far north though, so might be out of practical reach from your wedding :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's very kind of you and well remembered! If you go onto either cottages.com or one of its sub brands (Scottish Cottages, Hoseasons etc) and search for property reference UK5646 or UK30486, those are our two - the first one we look after ourselves, the second one is 20 miles up the coast and is looked after by a lady in the area who has a cottage cleaning business. We are very, very far north though, so might be out of practical reach from your wedding :)
Perfect thanks!! Not sure how far north we will manage to go, we have a week and the wedding is in Hamilton so will see what is logistically possible, if we can get up north I will defo look to book one of them ❤

• Heart
Perfect thanks!! Not sure how far north we will manage to go, we have a week and the wedding is in Hamilton so will see what is logistically possible, if we can get up north I will defo look to book one of them ❤
Ah, that's nearly 300 miles away, I suspect it might be not a good plan, especially in December when if we get a lot of snow we get completely cut off from the rest of the country because all the snow gates are closed!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Ah, that's nearly 300 miles away, I suspect it might be not a good plan, especially in December when if we get a lot of snow we get completely cut off from the rest of the country because all the snow gates are closed!
Ha - shows my knowledge of Scotland!! May be a plan for summer then, we want to do the north coast 500 at some point so that might be more sensible! Saved the details though, thank you!!

Thanking you muchly to @heretoreaditall2019 and @Pocahontas for the IT Cosmetics cc cream rec. Had our event recently and it was bloody lovely to only have just 1 thing to worry about in terms of make up. Going to continue using it on a more day to day basis for the benefits of what is in it, my poor skin has been neglected since number 2 child was born!
Aww I’m glad you loved it! The only other things I use makeup wise as glossier boy brow & their lidstar in the gold colour I can’t remember the name of 😳 All v low maintenance but nice.

Sorry have likely missed baby chat posts just life takes over. What are you guys up to this long weekend?? Waiting for baby/toddler to wake up for a walk. Annoyingly have to get my phone fixed Monday so may get to bump into Jack doing selfies by the T&G wall now she’s local (?), a girl can only dream x

This is a boring fact but there’s a fb group about sea combing or coast combing can’t remember and the BEST finds are in Scotland, would love to do a holiday there just to do that but 👶🏼 remains terrified of car seats so it’ll be some way off 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ha - shows my knowledge of Scotland!! May be a plan for summer then, we want to do the north coast 500 at some point so that might be more sensible! Saved the details though, thank you!!
Both of them are on the NC500, so even if you don't stay, give me a shout if you do it and I'll come and say hi (and introduce you to the sheep if you like!)

Sorry have likely missed baby chat posts just life takes over. What are you guys up to this long weekend?? Waiting for baby/toddler to wake up for a walk. Annoyingly have to get my phone fixed Monday so may get to bump into Jack doing selfies by the T&G wall now she’s local (?), a girl can only dream x
It's not a bank holiday up here, but Mr F has taken next week off so it's going to feel like one. I've been gardening this morning. The problem with having a garden that used to be a field is that it's forever trying to turn itself back into one, so I've been pulling massive nettles out of flower beds and had to stop after a couple of hours because the buggers were able to sting me through my work gloves. Think a lazy afternoon is in store until it's time to go and check the sheep - I went up on Friday and only 12 out of 23 turned up for feed. I was shouting for them and could hear baaing, but no sheep within eyesight were moving towards me. Went back down the hill and noticed that one of the neighbours had brought his much larger flock in and swept up April, 6 other ewes and 4 lambs with them (I suspect this is April's fault for being nosey and going to see what was happening, they normally keep out of the way). He put them all back out again yesterday afternoon, so hopefully his will have drifted back out to their usual grazing spot and mine will all be in their spot.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Both of them are on the NC500, so even if you don't stay, give me a shout if you do it and I'll come and say hi (and introduce you to the sheep if you like!)

It's not a bank holiday up here, but Mr F has taken next week off so it's going to feel like one. I've been gardening this morning. The problem with having a garden that used to be a field is that it's forever trying to turn itself back into one, so I've been pulling massive nettles out of flower beds and had to stop after a couple of hours because the buggers were able to sting me through my work gloves. Think a lazy afternoon is in store until it's time to go and check the sheep - I went up on Friday and only 12 out of 23 turned up for feed. I was shouting for them and could hear baaing, but no sheep within eyesight were moving towards me. Went back down the hill and noticed that one of the neighbours had brought his much larger flock in and swept up April, 6 other ewes and 4 lambs with them (I suspect this is April's fault for being nosey and going to see what was happening, they normally keep out of the way). He put them all back out again yesterday afternoon, so hopefully his will have drifted back out to their usual grazing spot and mine will all be in their spot.
Omg meeting the sheep (and you too of course) would make my YEAR! On a separate note my parents are in Wales at the mo and the friends they are staying with have Shetland ponies - my dad has really bonded with one, the pony runs over to see him whenever he goes to their field, the pics I've been sent are so sweet! But this morning when they greeted each other the pony stood on my dads foot and broke his toe :ROFLMAO: 😭 so now he is in a boot for 6 weeks! What a great reason for having a broken foot though 'a little horse loved me too much he broke me' 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Aww I’m glad you loved it! The only other things I use makeup wise as glossier boy brow & their lidstar in the gold colour I can’t remember the name of 😳 All v low maintenance but nice.

This is a boring fact but there’s a fb group about sea combing or coast combing can’t remember and the BEST finds are in Scotland, would love to do a holiday there just to do that but 👶🏼 remains terrified of car seats so it’ll be some way off 😂
I realised I had got rid of my benefit brow zings when I went through my make up 😂

Number 2 child is over 2 years old so not missed any baby chat from me 😂 life has not been simple since she's been born (not a direct correlation there!) and I have neglected myself but starting to get there now! Our bank holiday weekend hasn't gone to plan due to bugs but still managing to chill. Would you approach Jack if you saw her!?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Number 2 child is over 2 years old so not missed any baby chat from me 😂 life has not been simple since she's been born (not a direct correlation there!) and I have neglected myself but starting to get there now! Our bank holiday weekend hasn't gone to plan due to bugs but still managing to chill. Would you approach Jack if you saw her!?
With you re: the neglect, I’ve only sporadically managed to find time to use SPF the past year so I’ve probably melted my skin for eternity now. I’m 2 weeks back into a skincare routine so very much relate!

Omg never! I’d be too scared to even look at her in case my eyes gave it all away! Can you imagine - are you the ninny that made a spreadsheet about my grifting?? Erm no the baby did it hun she’s unstoppable x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Watch out for bookings in an alias... 😂

With you re: the neglect, I’ve only sporadically managed to find time to use SPF the past year so I’ve probably melted my skin for eternity now. I’m 2 weeks back into a skincare routine so very much relate!

Omg never! I’d be too scared to even look at her in case my eyes gave it all away! Can you imagine - are you the ninny that made a spreadsheet about my grifting?? Erm no the baby did it hun she’s unstoppable x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Countryfile just showed an agricultural fair that had a Staffordshire oatcakes stand. I’d forgotten how much I love them cooked under the grill with grated cheese and chutney. Anyone else like them?

Reactions: 1
Anyone else watching Masterchef Australia? I've taken a bit of a dislike to Elise, primarily because she seems very smug, but also I think it's because she looks a bit like someone...
5-Elise-1024x583.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Out hunting for missing sheep today and the heather smells amazing. Found the sheep...back with the rest of the flock, which they definitely weren't yesterday!!

20210831_132027.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.