Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOVES! Just got the bottle last night to post on the MT and so Iโ€™m plucking up the courage to do it here too๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Love food, like the good old British basics, my husband says Iโ€™m a meat and two vegetarians type of cook๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Badger has grown up VERY fast - this is side by side 10 weeks apart (the first one was taken at about 3 days old).

View attachment 718863
Soooooo cute!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. just showed this to Mr Sue Me and he was winding me up about lamb chops. I love lamb chops but couldnโ€™t eat an actual lamb, whats he like??!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Badger is BEAUTIFUL!โค

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
LOVES! Just got the bottle last night to post on the MT and so Iโ€™m plucking up the courage to do it here too๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Love food, like the good old British basics, my husband says Iโ€™m a meat and two vegetarians type of cook๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Soooooo cute!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. just showed this to Mr Sue Me and he was winding me up about lamb chops. I love lamb chops but couldnโ€™t eat an actual lamb, whats he like??!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Badger is BEAUTIFUL!โค
Welcome! I love your avatar, it reminds me of this hilarious clip (I meant to share it when you joined on the MT)!
(Edited to add, I hope it doesnโ€™t look like Iโ€™m telling you to duck off! ๐Ÿ˜‚)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Welcome! I love your avatar, it reminds me of this hilarious clip (I meant to share it when you joined on the MT)!
(Edited to add, I hope it doesnโ€™t look like Iโ€™m telling you to duck off! ๐Ÿ˜‚)

OMG thatโ€˜s hilarious, not seen that before - Bet is the best! Thank you for the warm welcome @Sideboard Bob, big fan of your posts ๐Ÿ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Being told to duck off is a rite of passage for every cabal member especially if you are autistic, gay, different or successful so deal with it or get to absolute duck, you mithering ninny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Lads, I must share my blackberry story with you. Spoiler cos it's a bit long.
Years ago I was roped into a camping trip on a friend's property. I dislike camping but I went along anyway. There's nothing to do in the Bush so I got rat-faced drunk the first night and wandered off to have a wee. I pulled my shorts down and promptly fell backwards into a blackberry bush. I was suspended upside down for ages trying to wiggle my way back to solid ground. The next day I went to look for my hat which had come off in the struggle and it was in a tree about 20 feet off the ground and not that far from the river which was going at a fair pace. I'm lucky I just got away with a bruised and scratched body and not swept off to the next town! The best part of my story is that I had a medical for a new job on the Monday and I had to tell the doctor I was chasing my dog and got stuck in a bush, haha. Camping can eat a dick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
For the sheep fan club I recommend Matt baker our farm in the dales with the herdwicks and Hebrideans

Iโ€™m eating berries with some yoghurt mixed with vanilla and a little honey, a teaspoon of chia seeds too!

As anything goes on this thread, is anyone else watching The White Lotus? It's on Sky Atlantic, all 6 episodes dropped last Monday. It's a dark comedy/drama with an excellent cast. Affluent Americans on holiday in an upmarket resort in Hawaii. I've binged the lot and loved it! Hardly any truly likeable characters though ๐Ÿ˜†

Reactions: 2
As anything goes on this thread, is anyone else watching The White Lotus? It's on Sky Atlantic, all 6 episodes dropped last Monday. It's a dark comedy/drama with an excellent cast. Affluent Americans on holiday in an upmarket resort in Hawaii. I've binged the lot and loved it! Hardly any truly likeable characters though ๐Ÿ˜†
I heard two very good reviews on the radio about it.

Last edited:
It's not I'm sorry, but it is via Now tv who are currently offering a 7day free trial, if you can be bothered and like a binge watch!

It's not I'm sorry, but it is via Now tv who are currently offering a 7day free trial, if you can be bothered and like a binge watch!
Thanks. I had just edited my comment aa I had checked about Sky Atlantic.

Will look at Now, now. ๐Ÿ˜

Badger's Mum has a sore foot, so she came in off the hill for a trim, some foot spray and an antibiotic injection. She's got Badger with her, obviously, and Little Nine came in too. Hopefully the antibiotics will do their stuff and they can rejoin the others in the morning. Pure luck I got them through the hill gate without the others seeing me and the bucket, usually this involves bringing the whole lot in!

20210822_191111.jpg

20210822_191134_capture.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
i had a couple of 'coolinary' firsts this weekend up at Pa Kcc's. marmite cream cheese at breakfast was ๐Ÿ‘as was a homegrown blue potato at lunch

but you want pet pics really, don't you?

I *just* caught squiggles and henry having a lil boop

20210822_212929.jpg

and, mr kcc and I are not dog people, and neither was my dad prior to the arrival of this lil bugger. 7 month old Oswald. he's... actually kinda ok

20210822_214217.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Badger's Mum walking much better this morning, so back to the hill for the three of them this afternoon. I was really pleased yesterday to see that Nibbles and 406 were still with the others, I think that's five days now without them wandering off, so it must have been Loppy who was the instigator in taking them down to the other end of the commons. I'm guessing that's where she used to heft with her previous flock before she came to live with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Knowledgeable baking fraus, why has my cake turned out like a frisbee?

Followed this recipe exactly. The mixture was really runny, not like a cake batter Iโ€™d normally make. Iโ€™m not blaming Nigella though as this cake has good reviews and her recipes are always spot on for me. Iโ€™ve taken them out the oven and they have hardly risen. Iโ€™m usually pretty good at baking, although I donโ€™t always get a huge rise on my cakes but theyโ€™ve never turned out literally like pancakes. How can I rescue it besides adding 10 inches of frosting between the layers? Deconstructed chocolate cake?

Raising agents were brand new. Oven had been pre-heated for ages (as I fell asleep) so Iโ€™ve no idea ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Reactions: 1
My very inexpert guess would be it was something to do with not mixing the bicarb and baking powder into the flour well enough - she's basically making her own self raising flour there. The other thing that makes cakes not rise (courtesy of my mother in law) is if you mix them too much after the flour has gone in, you've got to be pretty gentle with them after that otherwise you knock the air out of them.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.