Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does heather smell like? We don't have any here in large amounts as far as I know.
Gosh, it's hard to describe. It's sort of halfway between a flower and a herb, it doesn't smell sweet like a normal flower does really, but at the same time it's not something you'd think about putting in a savoury dish. Heather honey is a thing, honey from bees that feed mainly/exclusively on heather flowers, and it has a different texture to normal honey.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyone got an air fryer and can recommend?
I have this one and use it most days, love it

Amazon product

It is the smaller of two models (3.5l) but enough for 2-3 servings. It doesn't take much counter space, so I can leave it out perminantly. The larger one is 5.5l, 4-6 servings.

Reactions: 3

Amazon product

It is the smaller of two models (3.5l) but enough for 2-3 servings. It doesn't take much counter space, so I can leave it out perminantly. The larger one is 5.5l, 4-6 servings.
quoting myself to add I also got this accessory kit. It is the exact size for my model but has the American sizing. For some reason it is at least £10 cheaper than the kit with the UK sizing
Amazon product

Reactions: 4
Does it come with all those containers?
It doesnt, I bought them as they are exactly the right size. Amazon recommended these

Amazon product

They are the exactly the same but £11 more. The ones I bought were for the American model which is identically sized BUT the size is shown in quarts not litres (I did a bit of maths before I ordered).

I have found the accessories extremely useful

Reactions: 6

Amazon product

Ooh, I want both now.

we got an air fryer to tide us over when the oven broke. £40 from morrisons thing. we pretty much just use it for oven chips and other beige freezer items. but, so much quicker and crispier than oven. like, lidl French fries come out like McDonald's after 5 mins

mr kcc really wants that ninja foodie 4 compartment one

• Wow
Reactions: 6
we got an air fryer to tide us over when the oven broke. £40 from morrisons thing. we pretty much just use it for oven chips and other beige freezer items. but, so much quicker and crispier than oven. like, lidl French fries come out like McDonald's after 5 mins

mr kcc really wants that ninja foodie 4 compartment one
I’ve been using a small tabletop oven as my big oven was broken, but that’s gone now too so looking for alternative.

Reactions: 2
Hello all - I have been 'influenced' by you and want to try the IT Cosmetics cc cream that was mentioned here. I went o Boots yesterday and was overwhelmed by the different choices! Which one did you all like?

• Heart
Hello all - I have been 'influenced' by you and want to try the IT Cosmetics cc cream that was mentioned here. I went o Boots yesterday and was overwhelmed by the different choices! Which one did you all like?
What other options did they have - had no idea there were variants! I have “CC+ Cream with SPF 50” I think? Assuming the + is the SPF, maybe they do a CC Cream without it?

CC Cream | LOOKFANTASTIC

Are the first two the same thing? The first one has a much smaller colour range than the second! I was hoping to get a smaller one to try.
Pretty sure they are the same just different sizes (as far as I can see?) I’d imagine the smaller one is a squeeze tube rather than the pump the bigger one has? Weird they’ve got a limited range of shades in the smaller one, unless they’re sold out of some? Was the range limited in boots too? That’s annoying!

What other options did they have - had no idea there were variants! I have “CC+ Cream with SPF 50” I think? Assuming the + is the SPF, maybe they do a CC Cream without it?
I have this one as well (the CC + with SPF 50).
I know it’s a moisturiser/ concealer / all combined jobby, but I tend to moisturise separately first and and then dot the CC cream over the areas that I think need coverage. I don’t use it all over my face.

It’s annoying for you (@Universal) that there are less shades in the small size cos it would be useful to try it out. Have you done the shade finder online (on their website)?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.