Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Toot toot!

All welcome.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’

ALSO:

1. MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  2. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  3. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve taken screenshots but my rudimentary internet search to find where it’s from came up with nothing, I’m afraid!
Thank(space)you 😊 that indeed is the offending article

found it in the sale, but still over budget

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank(space)you 😊 that indeed is the offending article

found it in the sale, but still over budget

Treat yourself! Just go without butter for about ten years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It must be full of clebs, 'cause it was so dark I couldn't see inside. I wonder how much membership is?

I must stop prevaricating, putting off the walk to the hospital. I don't know why but today I feel really nervous. I have spent so many hours in hospital in my life, but today feels different. This is the 4th different cancer I have faced, overcome the others, and will this one. Fear of the unknown I suppose. All my treatments have been in Manchester before.

Enough of off topic me. I wonder if kicky ball Jack will be back for the final. I would love to hear her informed opinion. After all, she once stood next to MR, she will no doubt know all about it. She gains knowledge by osmosis.
So many good wishes for today Manc. If you're going where I think you're going (though my triangulation skills are not those of our one true detective cook) then I'm sure they will look after you so well. It's been my hospital for the last 10 years and if you have to go through this tit, they are some of the best people to get you through. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It must be full of clebs, 'cause it was so dark I couldn't see inside. I wonder how much membership is?

I must stop prevaricating, putting off the walk to the hospital. I don't know why but today I feel really nervous. I have spent so many hours in hospital in my life, but today feels different. This is the 4th different cancer I have faced, overcome the others, and will this one. Fear of the unknown I suppose. All my treatments have been in Manchester before.

Enough of off topic me. I wonder if kicky ball Jack will be back for the final. I would love to hear her informed opinion. After all, she once stood next to MR, she will no doubt know all about it. She gains knowledge by osmosis.
Thinking of you today Mancbee. Everything crossed for you 💝

• Heart

You will win this fight like all the others. Keep the faith in what you are capable off. You have had such a colourful, interesting life and have lived through so much. You will get there. Good luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I’ve been absent but not busy. Hope everything goes ok @MancBee.

• Heart
australian wildlife is just crazy, most of it just seems like something that has been made up :ROFLMAO:
I was on a bus last week going past a field near me and there was a kangaroo standing upright scratching his chest, enjoying the winter sun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.