Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
This post is going to read like a Jack self obsessed diatribe, but I think I have earned it. 😉 Shall I call it "Biopsies" in honour of Jack's "Potatoes"?

Thanks for all the lovely messages. I've been sent home (well at my partner's parents, they live darn sarf) They are lovely, but I am looking forward to going home later today. There's nothing like your own surroundings when you're feeling sorry for yourself.

All went ok, decided I wouldn't have general anaesthetic and had a nerve blocker.
It was embarrassing, painful and traumatic. I have had loads of operations in the past, but always chosen to have a general....I will in future too. They needed to take 28 biopsy samples in all as I have chosen to allow them to use some for research purposes. If I can help them improve the situation for the future, it's the least I can do.

The procedure normally last 20 minutes, but it took nearly 2 hours as it was carried out by a doctor undergoing training (I agreed to this, of course). At the end of it all I passed out, before they had even started to remove the "equipment" 😳. I woke up with a crash team and about 20 people around my bed. No heart attack, just blood pressure plummeting, and I felt such a fool.

I'm still in a bit of pain and I'm bleeding like a stuck pig, but it is apparently what to expect for 2-3 weeks! The block wore off after 24 hours and painkillers are only effective to some degree, but it is all relative.

The NHS and it's staff are amazing. Glad it's over, and apprehensive about the results and future treatment, but I truly couldn't have had better care.

Thanks again to everyone for their lovely messages. You are all a bunch of mithering ninnies. ❤❤❤

I have not ventured to this thread before, Jack's takes up so much time! It looks like this one doesn't move too fast though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
So a little update on my pain situation as so many of you were so lovely to me yesterday ❤ i passed out in the kitchen this morning, cracked my head on the counter (I look like quasimodo right now :ROFLMAO:) Mr C rang 999, i was taken in an ambulance and went straight in to surgery - woke up about half an hour ago and am tattling to take my mind off things but it turns out what I was told the other week was a cyst was actually an ectopic pregnancy?! I could have died ffs. I have such conflicted views right now as the NHS have been incredible today but surely they should have spotted it when I had my scan? Emotions are also all over the place as I am definitely not ready to have a baby at the mo but I had one growing in me (albeit in the wrong place) and now I'm really upset for the child who could have been. God I'm a mess today, sorry for using you guys to vent! The only good takeaway from this situation is my (currently covered up but I had a peek) scar from the surgery will make me feel like a pirate!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Hey fraus! I just wanted to let you all know as everyone has been so kind to me through my recent gynaecological issues, I had the results from my scan following my infection today and my ovary won't need removing! I had a full medical through my work too (they are fabulous, as soon as my manager heard what was happening she booked me in to have everything checked out) and I found out all my health issues, deficiencies etc are because I have an overenthusiastic kidney 🤣 so my fainting, slurry speech, vitamin deficiencies I have been trying to get to the bottom of over the past few years are cos my left kidney processes everything too fast! Got a plan in place now - but after years of issues and then my ectopic pregnancy everything is falling into place! Just wanted to thank you all again for being so concerned, kind and caring when I was having a terrible time a few weeks ago. You are the best bunch of mendacious ninnies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 36

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Hey ninnies👋🏼 Sorry not to have been around much but I've been run ragged by my little monster Frank. So for @HotesTilaire (and anyone else interested) this, is the absolute beast in question.
20210727_193156.jpg

As predicted he's a 'wild & an untamed thing' a real heartbreaker with a roving eye and penchant for anything with a pulse (or cheese..he really, REALLY likes cheese).

-Probably wants to lick everyone too but fear not that's definitely more hygienic than anything from the filthy paws of Sloup Dodgy Dodge.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

NP

VIP Member
Evening ninnies. I’ve gone and got bloody covid so I can taste absolutely fuck all and I can’t smell anything either. Probably a godsend with two kids in nappies. Eating feels pointless at the mo because it literally tastes of air. Feeling like I have a really shit flu. Once I’m feeling better I’ll stomp around all the local chippys.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I hate to be a Tory dream of a disabled benefits scrounged living the high life, but lads now my benefits are sorted out I’ve just enjoyed some toast with butter and I’m not overdrawn 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 29

AlphaBetaDeux

Howdy Cabal. I need to get Jimmy Djokovic back as my avatar before the hats disappear. I imagine I’ll look super dapper.

So glad to read you’re back in your own environs @MancBee, and thank you so much for putting the development of research and the future of others before your own comfort ❤

I’ve been quiet of late, mainly because I started a new job and then promptly found out I was pregnant. Really looking forward to breaking that news to my lovely manager 😭 The lack of slop truly has been a blessing these past couple of months as my senses are in overdrive and a mere picture/description of slop would be at serious risk of turning me green at the moment!

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
We are in our 5th lockdown here, the third this year. Had to cancel the Mexican restaurant we'd saved up for to celebrate my 54th trip around the sun so stayed home and had Chinese food and watched a zombie film instead. All because some twanger from Sydney thought it was a good idea to deliver furniture interstate and infect LJC knows how many people!

416AB014-D57D-4E2C-805D-AB38EBA803E7.jpeg

In other news I've discovered a Fur-muda (or Purr-muda triangle, right here in MC Town.

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’ve managed to out do Jack with my Sunday chaos. A car came flying out of a junction and hit my car. So a lady & her husband insisted on taking me to A&E to be checked over.

I’m fine just my back and neck feel a bit sore but the doctor person wouldn’t let me get a taxi home on my own as a precaution I think because I randomly kept bursting into tears.

My dad’s in Liverpool and my brother didn’t answer so I’ve had to ask Mr SSW who I’m currently in the process of getting a divorce from and haven’t spoken to him since May to pick me up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Universal

Chatty Member
How is everyone? I am just dropping back in as I had a moment in work last week that made me think of the MT but I dont want to post it there.

Last week I was working with a number of government departments on investment across the country for the 'levelling up' agenda and for some reason Southend on Sea came up on the list after Redcar. It just tickled me and I started to laugh then people in room noticed I was laughing and asked me why and that made me laugh even more to the point I couldn't stop (you know like when you are a kid and getting told off and you giggle as a defence mechanism? Like that, except I am middle aged and it was a very serious meeting!!).

What made me laugh the most of even trying to figure out how you would even try to explain WHY it was funny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Hello fraus 👋🏽 I've come here to shamelessly beg, much like queen or the povs Jackie Monroe. Italian cuisine is my favourite and I'd love to be able to cook it better, please can anyone recommend any cookbooks for those of us who are kitchen challenged? 😂 I can cook basic dishes okay, but I'd like to be able to make some stuff well, like lasagne (made my first ever white sauce from scratch back in the heady days of DKL thanks to the canal)

I've attached a picture of a poor dead blue bird to pledge my allegiance to vlad
surprised @emm hasn’t beat me to recommend rachel roddy! she is a wonderful chef, highly recommend her book Two Kitchens which is focused on recipes from Rome and Sicily. she also has a weekly column in the guardian!
I am now officially a psychotherapist in training 🎉🎉🎉 maybe in 5 year’s time i will be able to figure out what the fuck is going on in jackie’s wee brain

• Heart
Reactions: 27

kachoochoo

VIP Member
hey, I've not really joined in here for a bit. but ❤ to you all.

as far as GPs go, I ignored all my prompts to book a med review (did not feel up to a phone call) and just kept ordering my prescription (it's literally only citalopram) from pharmacy2u, until I actually (praise beans) got a text from my GP asking "do you still feel a benefit from your medication?" I only had to text back "yes" and it's been renewed for another year! so lucky with my GP

tw -- death. sorry I can't quite get the spoiler right due to fat thumbs

other thing is, mr kcc's dad died last week. it's a situation where it was simultaneously very predictable (several long term conditions with multiple comorbidities), but also very sudden, like, he was declining, but he certainly didn't seem close to it when I last saw him, so it's been a shock and both me and mr kcc have brains made of jelly rn

• Heart
  • Sad

Falkor

VIP Member
Congrats, @AlphaBetaDeux!

Annual haircut time for the ladies last night and they were very relieved to get their wool off. I'm pleased they're all in decent body condition still after raising their lambs.

20210713_191341.jpg

• Heart
Thank you dear hearts for saying such nice things. Unfortunately I have cripplingly low self-esteem, not improved by my last ex who was using me for sex so was lying to me to that end the whole time. Now I'm worried that anyone who says anything complimentary is only trying to manipulate me and I don't know how to tell who is being genuine. Maybe I'll go full catfish and facetune myself into oblivion. Or I could set up a candid shot of myself at my desk thoughtfully chewing on a pencil. My blazer doesn't fit me anymore though, do you think it's alright without or should I buy a new one?

@Switchstreetz for when you cba flirting and just want to get to the point: come back to mine and I'll make you a cake.

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I am on my lunch hour so thought that I would give you a quick update. I have been having daily conversations with the economist on Whatapp about work, plans for when he is next here etc. He is really nice and while not being conventionally attractive is so my type. I cant see it working in the long run as he travels so much so I'll just enjoy him while I can as everything was so good last week and I want to do it all again. The one thing that has irked me a bit is the fact that he has casually mentioned more than once that he earns a lot of money. He didn't need to mention it as I can work it out to some extent but so what??? It was in the context of me saying it must be hard to work and travel so much and he replied 'well they are paying me more money than I can possibly spend so its worth it'. It might be me as I grew up relatively poor and have a decent paying job now but I don't even tell my friends what my salary is as money was always some kind of issue when I was young. We will see.

So, after the longest dry spell ever I have had a couple of other interesting texts this week. Honestly during the summer months I turned the notifications off on my phone as I would go for days without anyone texting me (male or female) and it made me so sad and lonely. So indulge me for telling you.

On Monday I went to drinks after an event with a group of people that I have been working with online and I joked when I got there that I should have worn my heels as they were all so tall. I had to get home early and they were all talking about the other bars they wanted to go to and I said I would come along next time. One of the men from the team ordered me a taxi (not unusual they are always make sure the women get a taxi or to the station in a nice way) and he then texted me later to ask if I had arrived home safe. Then he texted to say that next time I should wear my heels and he would take me to the bar he was in as he thinks I would like it.

Then yesterday the nice ex sent me a text as one of the MPs I was working for last year was given a Cabinet job and he said he saw the news and thought of me then asked me out for a meal.

Whats going on???? I have been invisible to the opposite sex for years and this happens in a week. Can someone check the status of the moon as I am having my own little chaos.

@Jay-cloth Cow how are you doing? Do you have a (real) black eye now from the fall (as opposed to a Bobbi Brown one). Hope you are emotionally recovering from its all.

@heretoreaditall2019 I am sold. I would spend any amount to get rid of them.
Oh i only just saw this! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm alright - i got an infection in my fallopian tube after everything and i have an appointment on Monday to see if my left ovary might need to be removed as there was so much scarring - if so it might affect my fertility but I don't know if i want kids tbh. If i do i might need medical help but mr C agrees with me, it could have been alot worse and I'm alive which might not have been the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

kachoochoo

VIP Member
years ago when we lived there my parents were on holiday and saw a koala just casually crossing the road, this was very much back in the day when people didn;t just have cameras with them all the time unfortunately!
that's just reminded me of this tweet that popped up a few days ago and I keep randomly remembering it and HOOTING

20210710_174559.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26