Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am on my lunch hour so thought that I would give you a quick update. I have been having daily conversations with the economist on Whatapp about work, plans for when he is next here etc. He is really nice and while not being conventionally attractive is so my type. I cant see it working in the long run as he travels so much so I'll just enjoy him while I can as everything was so good last week and I want to do it all again. The one thing that has irked me a bit is the fact that he has casually mentioned more than once that he earns a lot of money. He didn't need to mention it as I can work it out to some extent but so what??? It was in the context of me saying it must be hard to work and travel so much and he replied 'well they are paying me more money than I can possibly spend so its worth it'. It might be me as I grew up relatively poor and have a decent paying job now but I don't even tell my friends what my salary is as money was always some kind of issue when I was young. We will see.

So, after the longest dry spell ever I have had a couple of other interesting texts this week. Honestly during the summer months I turned the notifications off on my phone as I would go for days without anyone texting me (male or female) and it made me so sad and lonely. So indulge me for telling you.

On Monday I went to drinks after an event with a group of people that I have been working with online and I joked when I got there that I should have worn my heels as they were all so tall. I had to get home early and they were all talking about the other bars they wanted to go to and I said I would come along next time. One of the men from the team ordered me a taxi (not unusual they are always make sure the women get a taxi or to the station in a nice way) and he then texted me later to ask if I had arrived home safe. Then he texted to say that next time I should wear my heels and he would take me to the bar he was in as he thinks I would like it.

Then yesterday the nice ex sent me a text as one of the MPs I was working for last year was given a Cabinet job and he said he saw the news and thought of me then asked me out for a meal.

Whats going on???? I have been invisible to the opposite sex for years and this happens in a week. Can someone check the status of the moon as I am having my own little chaos.

@Jay-cloth Cow how are you doing? Do you have a (real) black eye now from the fall (as opposed to a Bobbi Brown one). Hope you are emotionally recovering from its all.

@heretoreaditall2019 I am sold. I would spend any amount to get rid of them.
Oh i only just saw this! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm alright - i got an infection in my fallopian tube after everything and i have an appointment on Monday to see if my left ovary might need to be removed as there was so much scarring - if so it might affect my fertility but I don't know if i want kids tbh. If i do i might need medical help but mr C agrees with me, it could have been alot worse and I'm alive which might not have been the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh i only just saw this! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm alright - i got an infection in my fallopian tube after everything and i have an appointment on Monday to see if my left ovary might need to be removed as there was so much scarring - if so it might affect my fertility but I don't know if i want kids tbh. If i do i might need medical help but mr C agrees with me, it could have been alot worse and I'm alive which might not have been the case!
Sending you & Mr JcC all the love in the world, I hope you get good news on Monday ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sending you & Mr JcC all the love in the world, I hope you get good news on Monday ❤
Thank you lovely - I've been pretty zoned out over the past week or so from all the codeine but even if we get told I need the ovary removed and it reduces my fertility it's not the end of the world - mr C was adopted and we've always talked about maybe doing that rather than having biological kids if we want any at all so it's much less of an issue than it would be for most ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Wishing you all the best, Jay-Cloth. I only have one ovary left after a benign tumour attached itself to the other one and had to have it removed when I was in my early 20s. I know it's just anecdotal but I've been pregnant a few times since, in case that gives you a bit of reassurance.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wishing you all the best for Monday. What you’ve been through must be so hard physically, and emotionally, but it sounds like you have such an amazing attitude towards things ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry you’ve been through the wringer JCC, and it sounds like absolutely no Urban Decay was required to complete the look 😭

Hope all goes well and that you have a speedy and minimally painful recovery ❤

• Heart
I’m so sorry you’re potentially going through another surgery, I know you said you don’t want kids but I just had to say it’s still possible if you ever choose to! Also lost my left ovary (all the eggs were destroyed by tumours tho so it was fuuuucked) and was inconsolable, managed to conceive 👶🏼 4 months later even tho my body was in recovery from major surgery that needed 6-12 months rest and recovery! It’s more than possible and if it’s not, there’s means, and because you’re already under consultant care in the NHS that consultant can start making referrals etc (although I think it’s a bit of a postcode lottery - there was a thing in the news about this??). I know it’s hard to believe but it can still happen & happen relatively easily I promise ❤

ETA - also if you want to deliver vaginally it’s still an option because they won’t make cuts on the uterus. The world is your oyster, it’s definitely a shock but it’s not the end! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sending you love, Jay Cloth Cow. Remember to treat yourself as you would a friend going through the same thing. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just wanted to send lots of love to @Jay-cloth Cow - that is a whole load of *stuff* to be going through. I think the PALS thing is maybe a good idea (though possibly because I am considering similar myself) but get the mixed emotions about it. Sorry, feels like me-railing, but I'm thinking of talking to my cancer hospital about my recent experience there after 10 years of just amazing treatment something happened that really upset me and I guess I feel like it's about reflexive practice and all that. Though right now, you shouldn't feel like you have to think about it at all and just concentrate on getting through this bit. Also HTRIA is, as always, very wise.

Hello to everyone else. I've been BUSY (also, head stuff has been bad) but have missed you trolls and your chat a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wishing you all the best, Jay-Cloth. I only have one ovary left after a benign tumour attached itself to the other one and had to have it removed when I was in my early 20s. I know it's just anecdotal but I've been pregnant a few times since, in case that gives you a bit of reassurance.
Just wanted to send lots of love to @Jay-cloth Cow - that is a whole load of *stuff* to be going through. I think the PALS thing is maybe a good idea (though possibly because I am considering similar myself) but get the mixed emotions about it. Sorry, feels like me-railing, but I'm thinking of talking to my cancer hospital about my recent experience there after 10 years of just amazing treatment something happened that really upset me and I guess I feel like it's about reflexive practice and all that. Though right now, you shouldn't feel like you have to think about it at all and just concentrate on getting through this bit. Also HTRIA is, as always, very wise.

Hello to everyone else. I've been BUSY (also, head stuff has been bad) but have missed you trolls and your chat a lot.
FLUMPS!! How are you?! How’s the house move going?!

I get why you’d feel undecided about complaining after 10 years of great care, but you deserve top care every single time and you’ll feel better for having flagged it and potentially avoided it happening to you again, or somebody else. The NHS is great and heavily dependent on people’s kindness (shamefully!) but it doesn’t mean it’s beyond reproach xx

• Heart
FLUMPS!! How are you?! How’s the house move going?!

I get why you’d feel undecided about complaining after 10 years of great care, but you deserve top care every single time and you’ll feel better for having flagged it and potentially avoided it happening to you again, or somebody else. The NHS is great and heavily dependent on people’s kindness (shamefully!) but it doesn’t mean it’s beyond reproach xx
Hello love. Rather like the mill of the gods house moves appear to grind exceedingly slow and exceedingly fine. But we're getting there. On the legal bit now, which I believe is at least approaching the finish line. So, hopefully, in the next 6 weeks or so we'll be the proud owners of a ridiculous house made of wood (I didn't not listen closely to the Three Little Pigs as a child) and 10 acres of woodland. Then it's just a matter of reconfiguring the place, sorting out the woodland, learning some animal husbandry, acquiring some animals and then retiring as much as possible from the outside world, like the hermit I was always destined to be!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hello love. Rather like the mill of the gods house moves appear to grind exceedingly slow and exceedingly fine. But we're getting there. On the legal bit now, which I believe is at least approaching the finish line. So, hopefully, in the next 6 weeks or so we'll be the proud owners of a ridiculous house made of wood (I didn't not listen closely to the Three Little Pigs as a child) and 10 acres of woodland. Then it's just a matter of reconfiguring the place, sorting out the woodland, learning some animal husbandry, acquiring some animals and then retiring as much as possible from the outside world, like the hermit I was always destined to be!
Sound ideal. Soon we will have a whole host of farm animals to cheer us all up.

I have tested + today after having a rollercoaster temp for a couple of days. How long does the bodypain and exhaustion last? In the space of a week I have gone from being able to run 5k to struggling with stairs. I am quite scared.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

I have tested + today after having a rollercoaster temp for a couple of days. How long does the bodypain and exhaustion last? In the space of a week I have gone from being able to run 5k to struggling with stairs. I am quite scared.
Sorry to hear that - the key thing with the ‘rona Is that it ebbs and flows so at some point you will feel ok and do something fancy like going to the shop and then all the symptoms will come back and you’ll think you will never get well. You will, it just takes ages and involves a few long dark nights of the soul. Luckily you’ll be too knackered to howl or claw at the floor. It’s a very different style of illness and recovery. Just do as little as possible. Now is the time to get Netflix or similar.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Sorry to hear that - the key thing with the ‘rona Is that it ebbs and flows so at some point you will feel ok and do something fancy like going to the shop and then all the symptoms will come back and you’ll think you will never get well. You will, it just takes ages and involves a few long dark nights of the soul. Luckily you’ll be too knackered to howl or claw at the floor. It’s a very different style of illness and recovery. Just do as little as possible. Now is the time to get Netflix or similar.
Thanks it good to know what lies ahead. I have bingewatched loads of things today but have no recoll3ction of any of them. The pain in my limbs is unreal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Oh you poor thing, that sounds so grim. Lots of love. Do all the resting. It's horrible to be ill anyway, but with Covid there's so much extra worry because of all the talk of it isn't there. Not that I mean it's nothing, but you know, it makes it more frightening.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks it good to know what lies ahead. I have bingewatched loads of things today but have no recoll3ction of any of them. The pain in my limbs is unreal.
I haven't had corona but I find when I am ill I like re watching old favourites, no point trying to struggle through something new, you just need comfort. hope you feel better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Not rona related but I’ve always found tonic water (quinine!) good for achy legs. Might be worth a shot If someone can get it for you. Get better soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.