Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of the oatcakes (sorry) but my mum is, she used to make her own without much trouble.
Although we are Scouse so I need to make you aware that we eat barmcakes which are made with barm so they’re not just like a bap or a different name for a bap. They are a different thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just want to say you people have given me endless laughs and distractions over nearly two weeks of my wife having Covid, me hiding from it and, inevitably, me also having Covid. I'm testing negative now and she's been fine for nearly a week, it was really no more than a bad cold physically (for us, anyway) but the mental component to it terrified me, maybe lack of sleep contributed but I've gone off benzos cold turkey before and this was, somehow, worse (don't do that kids). I'm glad I'm double jabbed given I got it last year and was completely asymptomatic.

So yeah cheers guys ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Our local Sainsbury's sells Staffs oatcakes (and we are a good couple of hours away from Staffordshire) and my home town also used to sell them (again a couple of hours away, in a different direction). So always worth checking there too! I always get a massive stash for the freezer! https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/all-breakfast-bakery/north-staffordshire-oatcakes-x6
I’ve seen them in Sainsbury’s and they were not refrigerated and had very short eat by dates which probably accounts for the number of bad reviews.
Just want to say you people have given me endless laughs and distractions over nearly two weeks of my wife having Covid, me hiding from it and, inevitably, me also having Covid. I'm testing negative now and she's been fine for nearly a week, it was really no more than a bad cold physically (for us, anyway) but the mental component to it terrified me, maybe lack of sleep contributed but I've gone off benzos cold turkey before and this was, somehow, worse (don't do that kids). I'm glad I'm double jabbed given I got it last year and was completely asymptomatic.

So yeah cheers guys ❤
so sorry to hear that and glad it wasn’t too bad for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve seen them in Sainsbury’s and they were not refrigerated and had very short eat by dates which probably accounts for the number of bad reviews.

so sorry to hear that and glad it wasn’t too bad for you.
Cheers ❤ Couple days doing nowt and it'll all be fine

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anybody know if the Hairy Bikers is a good vegetarian cookbook? I’ve been veggie or vegan my whole life but this is a present for friends who have recently decided they’re cutting right back on meat. I can’t follow recipes and mainly eat oven chips with either hummus or veganaisse these days so am in no position to assist. Any other recommendations very welcome!

Reactions: 7
Morning tattlers 😄
Taken my chicken out the freezer, prepared my marinade and spice mix for southern fried chicken/KFC fakeaway for tea…no plain flour 😒😔 and I can’t go to the shop either.
I have cornflour or Wholemeal bread flour, which is going to be the best substitute?? I’ll be cooking it in the oven, not frying it.
Thanks 😘

Morning tattlers 😄
Taken my chicken out the freezer, prepared my marinade and spice mix for southern fried chicken/KFC fakeaway for tea…no plain flour 😒😔 and I can’t go to the shop either.
I have cornflour or Wholemeal bread flour, which is going to be the best substitute?? I’ll be cooking it in the oven, not frying it.
Thanks 😘
bread flour!

Does anybody know if the Hairy Bikers is a good vegetarian cookbook? I’ve been veggie or vegan my whole life but this is a present for friends who have recently decided they’re cutting right back on meat. I can’t follow recipes and mainly eat oven chips with either hummus or veganaisse these days so am in no position to assist. Any other recommendations very welcome!
The Hairy Bikers book is probably good for meat lovers trying to cut down. I found this book very good (am strongly reducing meat consumption)

Amazon product

Morning tattlers 😄
Thanks 😘
I'd do a half and half mix of the two.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Cheers ❤ Couple days doing nowt and it'll all be fine
Bliss tbh! Hope you feel better soon, it’s insane to think this is our new normal if it’s still knocking double vaxxed people for six?!

@LennyBriscoe don’t know if you check notifications but sending love during this period of big transition for you and little one, hope you’re both doing well ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bliss tbh! Hope you feel better soon, it’s insane to think this is our new normal if it’s still knocking double vaxxed people for six?!

@LennyBriscoe don’t know if you check notifications but sending love during this period of big transition for you and little one, hope you’re both doing well ❤
Aw bless you, thank you so much! He’s doing really really well, he’s a superstar. We have 3 weeks of mornings when you start school here so next Monday will be his first full day! Thank you, that really means a lot ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aw bless you, thank you so much! He’s doing really really well, he’s a superstar. We have 3 weeks of mornings when you start school here so next Monday will be his first full day! Thank you, that really means a lot ♥
Aww that’s such a lovely gentle way to start school! You’ve always got your fraus on food & drink x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Aww that’s such a lovely gentle way to start school! You’ve always got your fraus on food & drink x
Thanks lovely. I didn’t realise how anxious I was until he started and settled in. I could do with being a bit more like him actually, he’s about 100% more laidback than me 😂 ♥♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Hairy Bikers book is probably good for meat lovers trying to cut down. I found this book very good (am strongly reducing meat consumption)

Amazon product

I'd do a half and half mix of the two.
Can I second this book? Its amazing and I adore the aubergine curry!

I loved this period with my two. They would come home from the half day either telling you 'nothing happened' or talk talk talk talk. Be prepared for an early tea and an early night after your first full day (for him not you!).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20210903-155241_Gallery.jpg

I have the day off work today and am feeling terrible as it's time of the month and I have an ovarian cyst which I've been told to sit it out as it should go away on it's own, but makes time of the month even more painful, threw up in tescos earlier 😂(those who also read the Emma Drew threads, she is a joke with her 'cyst', mine is the size of a marble, if hers were as big as she said she would be absolutely debilitated at her time of the month and we would hear all about it) BUT i met this puppy and he made me so happy I wanted to share him with all of you

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Do any green fingered Frau or Herren have any tips for filling in patches of grass? I put down some seed early summer, had some growth, then a couple of weeks ago put down lawn feed which seems to have killed the grass :confused:. Am I back to square one in needing to rake the patches and sew some more grass seed?!

Also excited that my new washing machine arrives this weekend (the old one lit up like a Christmas tree before flooding the kitchen) - think I’ve reached peak adulthood in that I have struggled to live without the washing machine/excited for the arrival of white goods.

Nb: lit up in terms of continually flashing its lights, not in the fire sense!

• Heart
Guysss can anyone recommend some natural pain relief? I'm full of pain, have a deep heat pad on my stomach and am hugging a microwaveable lavender filled penguin teddy but still in agony 😭 told mr C i want him to take me to A&E for a hysterectomy, but he said no?! How mean. If anyone knows of anything I can take that wouldn't interfere with codeine and ibuprofen I'd be massively grateful to hear!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Guysss can anyone recommend some natural pain relief? I'm full of pain, have a deep heat pad on my stomach and am hugging a microwaveable lavender filled penguin teddy but still in agony 😭 told mr C i want him to take me to A&E for a hysterectomy, but he said no?! How mean. If anyone knows of anything I can take that wouldn't interfere with codeine and ibuprofen I'd be massively grateful to hear!
oh gosh I am so sorry this sounds awful, I have no personal experience but I have heard lots of people recommend CBD oil for pain relief

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.