Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads there are three types of the cc cream- original, luminous and matte
I’m guessing y’all have original (silver)
8DC111E6-002F-429D-A407-045EA1144616.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Yep, I have the original.
Are you tempted to go for luminous to be shiny shiny?

Reactions: 2

I have a collection of sad oxidized foundation from my pre-panny D life which is fine for videocalls, but I liked the sound of the cc cream as if I go out or have visitors it seems silly to put foundation on for a few hours. Especially Double Wear!
Alas due to all the colour choices I won’t be buying until I next have a shopping trip out to a Boots counter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I have this one and use it most days, love it

Amazon product

It is the smaller of two models (3.5l) but enough for 2-3 servings. It doesn't take much counter space, so I can leave it out perminantly. The larger one is 5.5l, 4-6 servings.
I’ve seen the same make but with 4.7l for £79.99x Amazon

Countryfile just showed an agricultural fair that had a Staffordshire oatcakes stand. I’d forgotten how much I love them cooked under the grill with grated cheese and chutney. Anyone else like them?
Omg I LOVE STAFFORDSHIRE OATCAKES. They are possibly the best food ever.

Reactions: 1
Omg I LOVE STAFFORDSHIRE OATCAKES. They are possibly the best food ever.
My lovely lady wife is from round that way and she introduced me to them via a cafe that sold only variations on oatcakes, and milkshakes. Solid hangover food.

We still argue over crumpet vs pikelet tho.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My lovely lady wife is from round that way and she introduced me to them via a cafe that sold only variations on oatcakes, and milkshakes. Solid hangover food.

We still argue over crumpet vs pikelet tho.
A flat mate I had introduced me to the oatcakes. She would bring them back after a visit to Stoke and showed me how to cook them. You can buy them at Borough Market in London and there’s a fancy shop near me that sells them also. I think they get them only once a week.

Reactions: 7
A flat mate I had introduced me to the oatcakes. She would bring them back after a visit to Stoke and showed me how to cook them. You can buy them at Borough Market in London and there’s a fancy shop near me that sells them also. I think they get them only once a week.
Ahhh I should learn to cook them, that'd get me in the good books. I'm a Yorkshire lass and it fascinates me when I visit her family, I've got friends all over the UK, when me and my scouse mate went to Gloucester for a few months they all assumed we sounded the same, but the Staffs lot are a law unto themselves. Wife's grammar goes to tit when she goes home, and I have to not giggle at being called 'cock' by her nan as term of endearment. Though apparently they use 'mom' in the US due to immigration from that part of England way back when.

Still can't get used to it tho.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ahhh I should learn to cook them, that'd get me in the good books. I'm a Yorkshire lass and it fascinates me when I visit her family, I've got friends all over the UK, when me and my scouse mate went to Gloucester for a few months they all assumed we sounded the same, but the Staffs lot are a law unto themselves. Wife's grammar goes to tit when she goes home, and I have to not giggle at being called 'cock' by her nan as term of endearment. Though apparently they use 'mom' in the US due to immigration from that part of England way back when.

Still can't get used to it tho.
By cook I didn’t mean make from scratch but what to put with them to make them delicious. It’s always been done under the grill for me with cheese.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
By cook I didn’t mean make from scratch but what to put with them to make them delicious. It’s always been done under the grill for me with cheese.
Best way, I would say, but I don't want to tread on the feet of locals

Reactions: 1
Best way, I would say, but I don't want to tread on the feet of locals
How does she eat them? They can be carefully frozen and carefully defrosted so they don’t break but they last a few days in the fridge.

How does she eat them? They can be carefully frozen and carefully defrosted so they don’t break but they last a few days in the fridge.
With much cheese! Though I don't know if that's just a personal thing or how it's meant to be.

I wouldn't be against importing some if they freeze ok, damn I want some now

• Heart
Reactions: 4
With much cheese! Though I don't know if that's just a personal thing or how it's meant to be.

I wouldn't be against importing some if they freeze ok, damn I want some now
There is a recipe on the BBC Food site. Have a look.

There Is also a UK place that posts them to the UK but not outside the country now. Where do you live?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There is a recipe on the BBC Food site. Have a look.

There Is also a UK place that posts them to the UK but not outside the country now. Where do you live?
North Yorkshire so I reckon I'd be within the catchment surely! Might give em a crack for her birthday, assert my worth 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.