Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if you can ask the Dr for diclofenac? In a suppository. 100% can recommend, fast acting quite honestly I’d stick anything up me if you told me it worked, when I’m in that much pain
I really wanted to laugh at this, think it was your delivery of ‘I’d stick anything up me if you told me it worked’ - as in I recognise the desperation for anything to help.

They said it should go within 8 weeks or so but if it's still giving me trouble then they will remove it!
Really hope it does go of its own accord but 8 weeks is a lifetime when in pain. Don’t hesitate to go back to the GP - while no one wants surgery if they can help it it also isn’t fair to be in such pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's terrible isn't it? I've always had horrendous periods, I was given the pill at 14 to try and help, then I was pretty much forced to have a coil (they said due to my anaemia they wouldn't prescribe me anything hormonal so it was that or nothing!!) which I had for 5 years and only recently had removed, it made everything so much worse and the doctor refused to remove it and just said 'some women just have more pain than others' basically just suck it up. Changed doctors, had the coil removed and went back on the pill which helped so much - It's just this cyst giving me pain now. Its awful how women are treated, like the fact that the male contraceptive pills weren't approved due to the fact they gave the EXACT same side effects womens ones have?! I really hate our society at times.
totally agree, if they affected men so many things that affect women (ovarian issues, childbirth pain- remember that vaginal mesh thing a few years ago?) would NEVER have been so ignored

WTF?!?! That’s outrageous. Completely agree re: women’s health issues!
yeah really unbelievable, luckily (in a sense) she was in a relationship with the father but, tbh, I don;t think they would have (or should have) stayed together without this

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am considering paying to become a GFP - Caroline Criado Perez Patreon for looking at campaigning and mithering about women’s issues in particular Medical Gaslighting

• Heart
Does anybody know if the Hairy Bikers is a good vegetarian cookbook? I’ve been veggie or vegan my whole life but this is a present for friends who have recently decided they’re cutting right back on meat. I can’t follow recipes and mainly eat oven chips with either hummus or veganaisse these days so am in no position to assist. Any other recommendations very welcome!
I’m a meat-eating fraus but the Hairy Bikers veggie book is really good. It was 99p on Kindle recently so I got it and there’s loads I want to try. So far I’ve made the buddha bowl and and the black bean tacos and both were lovely. It’s not full of meat replacements, which I’m personally not too keen on. It’s mostly veg, beans & lentils to make familiar things like shepherds pie, lasagne, veggie wellington, so I think it will suit someone cutting down on meat as it’s recipes they’re probably used to having already.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They said it should go within 8 weeks or so but if it's still giving me trouble then they will remove it!
My love I’m sorry you’re going through this pain, I get it and don’t want to bore everyone with my ovarian woes yet again but if you’re not getting CA125 blood tests as part of investigations/treatment pls ask for them!

Eddie my neighbours sprinkled grass seed in their trampoline and (huge) swimming pool induced death patches and it looks amaaaaazing! Their top tip was only to water it when the sun goes down x

• Heart
My love I’m sorry you’re going through this pain, I get it and don’t want to bore everyone with my ovarian woes yet again but if you’re not getting CA125 blood tests as part of investigations/treatment pls ask for them!

Eddie my neighbours sprinkled grass seed in their trampoline and (huge) swimming pool induced death patches and it looks amaaaaazing! Their top tip was only to water it when the sun goes down x
Thank you lovely - I will defo ask for that! God I love tattle so much, I've had more support and useful advice from here today than I could have ever hoped for - you guys are all amazing and I appreciate you all so so much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you lovely - I will defo ask for that! God I love tattle so much, I've had more support and useful advice from here today than I could have ever hoped for - you guys are all amazing and I appreciate you all so so much ❤
❤ it is such a lovely safe space isn’t it? I was just thinking how nice it is to come here and have a 24/7 hour convo to tune into, whether it’s flour for chicken (no idea sorry to derail - how was it btw???) or ovarian cysts we’ve got it all. Like a less tit not right wing LBC!

Also not 100% so double check but p sure codeine (or any -ine) makes you constipated too which is a horrible heavy feeling on top of pain in your tummy regions. Would recommend pre emptively taking Lactolose (sp?) and sorry to be crude but get a foot stool of some sort to elevate your legs for a better position so you can free yourself of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
❤ it is such a lovely safe space isn’t it? I was just thinking how nice it is to come here and have a 24/7 hour convo to tune into, whether it’s flour for chicken (no idea sorry to derail - how was it btw???) or ovarian cysts we’ve got it all. Like a less tit not right wing LBC!

Also not 100% so double check but p sure codeine (or any -ine) makes you constipated too which is a horrible heavy feeling on top of pain in your tummy regions. Would recommend pre emptively taking Lactolose (sp?) and sorry to be crude but get a foot stool of some sort to elevate your legs for a better position so you can free yourself of it all.
Ah yes the lovely @Marj24 said about potential constipation before - luckily it hasn't been an issue so far but I will defo be aware of it. We have a foot stool already as Mr C has IBS so can have issues in that area but I will pop to superdrug in the morning and get some lactolose just in case, thank you for the recommendation!

I just love the warmth and support we all have for each other on here, I've been overwhelmed by the support I've had today, thank you all so so much xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I would like to recommend psyllium husk capsules for relief of constipation. I have cocodamol to take for back pain and bought some 700mg on Amazon. Pic below
1E3F065E-D45C-436A-8453-02718BA676E2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t get the Codie next (🥕 what are you doing here!) codine constipation but it gives me a withdrawal headache if I’ve had a few days of it (a little something to look forward to!) I think I just nap when it happens and feel like a cotton wool head for a day

I would like to recommend psyllium husk capsules for relief of constipation. I have cocodamol to take for back pain and bought some 700mg on Amazon. Pic below View attachment 745489
I used to buy fibogel but it is basically this psyllium husk in overpriced box

Reactions: 7
Hope you feel better soon @Jay-cloth Cow. Oh to be a woman ey?
I’ve never tried them but I’ve seen a few posts about the CBD oil would the CBD gummies help taste wise?

Reactions: 6
Putting this under a SPOILER as maybe TMI but I recently suffered from impactation. I firstly tried plenty of water and Fibergel as it was all I had in the house, after no joy I ordered dulcoease (a stool softener) and glycerine suppostitories from Amazon. They thankfully arrived before noon the next day. The instructions on the dulcoease said try 3 the first day and if no joy 5 the next. I threw caution to the wind and took 5 the first day. Around 9pm I was able to pass something that I feared (thankfully unnecessarily) would clog the toilet

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t get the Codie next (🥕 what are you doing here!) codine constipation but it gives me a withdrawal headache if I’ve had a few days of it (a little something to look forward to!) I think I just nap when it happens and feel like a cotton wool head for a day

I used to buy fibogel but it is basically this psyllium husk in overpriced box
I used to use a mix made by Potter’s- you had to add a spoonful to hot water and drink it. Potter’s also make good cough syrups.

Also, those soluble effete tabs of Vitamin C are also good to drink for constipation.

I used to use a mix made by Potter’s- you had to add a spoonful to hot water and drink it. Potter’s also make good cough syrups.

Also, those soluble effete tabs of Vitamin C are also good to drink for constipation.
Effervescent not effete!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
After an M&S snacky tea I mentioned on another thread (Mexican layered dip and tortilla chips) I had one of these for pudding. Bought from Waitrose last week. Sharp and creamy, only 116 calories a pot (very small pot, not the end of the world if you end up eating both!) Also currently on offer!
bonne-maman-blackcurrent-mousse.jpg
p

After an M&S snacky tea I mentioned on another thread (Mexican layered dip and tortilla chips) I had one of these for pudding. Bought from Waitrose last week. Sharp and creamy, only 116 calories a pot (very small pot, not the end of the world if you end up eating both!) Also currently on offer!
View attachment 745860p
I found out today from the Waitrose website that from 9 September that they are starting to charge a ’small’ delivery fee. I phoned to ask about it and was told it was going to be £3. The woman I spoke to said it’s a trial. That appears to mean that if they lose a lot of customers, then they might reconsider. It used to be that you had to purchase £60 worth of goods to receive free delivery but that won’t be the case anymore. Last year the dropped that amount to £40 which I was told was because many customers did not want to or could not afford to spend that much for a grocery order.
i was asked if I had received an email about this as the company had apparently sent them out starting from sometime in July. I hadn’t received an email - has anyone here ?
The woman I spoke to say she was receiving numerous complaints a day about the impending charge. and I asked her to add my name to the list.

My closest big Waitrose is about 7 miles away so it is a slog to get there.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I found out today from the Waitrose website that from 9 September that they are starting to charge a ’small’ delivery fee. I phoned to ask about it and was told it was going to be £3. The woman I spoke to said it’s a trial. That appears to mean that if they lose a lot of customers, then they might reconsider. It used to be that you had to purchase £60 worth of goods to receive free delivery but that won’t be the case anymore. Last year the dropped that amount to £40 which I was told was because many customers did not want to or could not afford to spend that much for a grocery order.
i was asked if I had received an email about this as the company had apparently sent them out starting from sometime in July. I hadn’t received an email - has anyone here ?
The woman I spoke to say she was receiving numerous complaints a day about the impending charge. and I asked her to add my name to the list.

My closest big Waitrose is about 7 miles away so it is a slog to get there.
I am sad to hear this, love my Waitrose shops, I do have an Ocado midweek pass that costs me £3.99 per month for no extra charge Tuesday to Thursday delivery, I guess I'll fall back on those

ETA, I've not had an email from Waitrose regarding delivery charges

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am sad to hear this, love my Waitrose shops, I do have an Ocado midweek pass that costs me £3.99 per month for no extra charge Tuesday to Thursday delivery, I guess I'll fall back on those

ETA, I've not had an email from Waitrose regarding delivery charges
I’ve just been reading the recent Waitrose reviews on Trustpilot and there aren’t many good ones. According to the TP site, store deliveries have already started with the delivery charge so I presume it’s the fulfilment centres that start the charge from 9 September. My orderitems sent from their site in Coulsdon.

Lots of the complaints center around very short dated items like bread with either that day or the next day’s date. I’ve experienced a lot of that. I always leave the substitution box ticked. I once had no bread delivered after ordering 3 loaves of Bertinet in my order. What floored me was they didn’t even attempt a sub. They were effectively saying there was no bread at all in the centre. I made a complaint, and the customer service agent was helpful and agreed with me and was issued with a voucher code to say sorry. When I went to use it, it wasn’t recognised and so I rang them. I was told that someone had put that code online which shouldn’t have happened and they had loads of people registering and doing first time orders for the sake of the discount. Waitrose then did a mass cancellation of the code and contacted each person who registered as a new customer saying that could have their order adblong as they paid full price. There are many, many complaints about that issue but I can actually understand Waitrose’s point of view. i presumed wrongly that each code I had been given in the past had been mine and mine alone. I was very kindly sent a gift card in the post instead.

It appears that Waitrose had been answering all the complaints on TP, which is admirable.

You should give them a call or send an email to register a complaint.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve just been reading the recent Waitrose reviews on Trustpilot and there aren’t many good ones. According to the TP site, store deliveries have already started with the delivery charge so I presume it’s the fulfilment centres that start the charge from 9 September. My orderitems sent from their site in Coulsdon.

Lots of the complaints center around very short dated items like bread with either that day or the next day’s date. I’ve experienced a lot of that. I always leave the substitution box ticked. I once had no bread delivered after ordering 3 loaves of Bertinet in my order. What floored me was they didn’t even attempt a sub. They were effectively saying there was no bread at all in the centre. I made a complaint, and the customer service agent was helpful and agreed with me and was issued with a voucher code to say sorry. When I went to use it, it wasn’t recognised and so I rang them. I was told that someone had put that code online which shouldn’t have happened and they had loads of people registering and doing first time orders for the sake of the discount. Waitrose then did a mass cancellation of the code and contacted each person who registered as a new customer saying that could have their order adblong as they paid full price. There are many, many complaints about that issue but I can actually understand Waitrose’s point of view. i presumed wrongly that each code I had been given in the past had been mine and mine alone. I was very kindly sent a gift card in the post instead.

It appears that Waitrose had been answering all the complaints on TP, which is admirable.

You should give them a call or send an email to register a complaint.
I've never had to pay for short dated goods by Waitrose, indeed I have had many items delivered free of charge as they didn't want me to be disappointed. That includes lamb mince, salad leaves (a few times), almond croissants and yum yums. They did recently not send me a bottle of prosecco that they said was not available, on that occasion I thought, really? You can't send a substitution? In general I have been really happy with their service.

Reactions: 2
I once got the wrong shopping from Ocado and didnt notice until the delivery driver had gone. It was clearly someone who was loaded and a vegan, so all of the fancy organic fruit and veg. I rang Ocado and they told me to keep it so we ate like kings that week!

Hope you are feeling better @Jay-cloth Cow and today is a good day ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.