Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh gosh I am so sorry this sounds awful, I have no personal experience but I have heard lots of people recommend CBD oil for pain relief
Oh that a great idea actually, my mum takes it for muscle pain - sending Mr C out now to see if they have it in Holland and Barrett! Thanks!!

Reactions: 7
Guysss can anyone recommend some natural pain relief? I'm full of pain, have a deep heat pad on my stomach and am hugging a microwaveable lavender filled penguin teddy but still in agony 😭 told mr C i want him to take me to A&E for a hysterectomy, but he said no?! How mean. If anyone knows of anything I can take that wouldn't interfere with codeine and ibuprofen I'd be massively grateful to hear!
If it’s codeine rather than cocodamol you can take paracetamol with it!

Reactions: 4
If it’s codeine rather than cocodamol you can take paracetamol with it!
It is - paracetamol will be added to the mix! Mr C got me some CBD oil so popped a few drops of that under my tongue (it tastes so gross 🤣) so hopefully that will help too. I feel like such a moaning minnie today haha but it is just so painful! The cyst is on the side of my ovary next to the fallopian tube so when I have cramps it pushes into both hence the agony - just glad it's the weekend so I can justify spending the day in my pjs on the sofa!!

• Heart
It is - paracetamol will be added to the mix! Mr C got me some CBD oil so popped a few drops of that under my tongue (it tastes so gross 🤣) so hopefully that will help too. I feel like such a moaning minnie today haha but it is just so painful! The cyst is on the side of my ovary next to the fallopian tube so when I have cramps it pushes into both hence the agony - just glad it's the weekend so I can justify spending the day in my pjs on the sofa!!
glad you got it, I hope it helps, agree about the taste I got some to help me sleep and waking up with the taste in your mouth the next day :sick:

• Heart
glad you got it, I hope it helps, agree about the taste I got some to help me sleep and waking up with the taste in your mouth the next day :sick:
Thank you! The pain is already subsiding a bit so I think it really will help! You're a darling ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Guysss can anyone recommend some natural pain relief? I'm full of pain, have a deep heat pad on my stomach and am hugging a microwaveable lavender filled penguin teddy but still in agony 😭 told mr C i want him to take me to A&E for a hysterectomy, but he said no?! How mean. If anyone knows of anything I can take that wouldn't interfere with codeine and ibuprofen I'd be massively grateful to hear!
Gosh if you are taking codeine and its not lifting the pain you must be in agony. I can only wish for a chaos on the MT to distract you. ❤

Gosh if you are taking codeine and its not lifting the pain you must be in agony. I can only wish for a chaos on the MT to distract you. ❤
Thank you and I hope for a chaos too!! Yup it's no fun, been throwing up from the pain most of the day but the CBD oil does seem to be helping! The codeine is making me feel delightfully floaty though 🤣 feel like I've had all the booze!!

• Heart
Thank you and I hope for a chaos too!! Yup it's no fun, been throwing up from the pain most of the day but the CBD oil does seem to be helping! The codeine is making me feel delightfully floaty though 🤣 feel like I've had all the booze!!
My friend has just had an operation and is on codeine She said she spent an hour looking out of the window at the shadows from the trees yesterday, Hope you feel better soon xx

• Haha
My friend has just had an operation and is on codeine She said she spent an hour looking out of the window at the shadows from the trees yesterday, Hope you feel better soon xx
Thank you lovely ❤ when I'm not on here I'm spending my afternoon staring at a spiders web in the corner of the room and the ceiling so I totally get what your friend said!! X

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t know if you can ask the Dr for diclofenac? In a suppository. 100% can recommend, fast acting quite honestly I’d stick anything up me if you told me it worked, when I’m in that much pain

I don’t know if you can ask the Dr for diclofenac? In a suppository. 100% can recommend, fast acting quite honestly I’d stick anything up me if you told me it worked, when I’m in that much pain
Ooh I've not heard of that before - am calling the doc first thing on Monday as this isn't acceptable I think so when I get to speak to a doc I'll ask!

Reactions: 6
Did your Dr prescribe anything to prevent constipation? It can be a real problem when taking opiates and the last thing you need at the moment.

Reactions: 3
Ooh I've not heard of that before - am calling the doc first thing on Monday as this isn't acceptable I think so when I get to speak to a doc I'll ask!
I have unacceptable period pain. Was checked, several times no sign of any issue, it’s just bleeping painful. If I didn’t know it was period pain I’d go to A&E. 10/10 would recommend diclofenac esp in suppository

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Did your Dr prescribe anything to prevent constipation? It can be a real problem when taking opiates and the last thing you need at the moment.
No, luckily I've not had that issue so far but good to know, and I'll mention it if it does become a problem, thank you!

Reactions: 6
What is really unnacceptable is just how women's health issues, especially pain related things like this, are just overlooked/underemphasised so much of the time (for annyone interested in this kind of topic I really recommend Caroline Criado Perez's book Invisible Women). Kind of unrelated (as if this thread is not always a total off topic :ROFLMAO:) but one of my friends got pregnant, had no idea how it could have been possible as she was really careful with the pill, went to her GP (who had prescribed her the pill) and he said, but obviously as you have an ovarian cyst (which they were both aware of) the pill doesn;t really work. He had NEVER mentioned it to her and just kind of shrugged his shoulders at her outrage

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@Jay-cloth Cow can recommend Fybogel on this front to keep things moving. Bit gentler than lactolose and as you have to take it with a glass of water it helps keep you hydrated.

I’ve been prescribed oromorph before for Endo pain and at the time an unknown ovarian cyst - while it’s good it did space me out. I was prescribed this because I’m allergic to diclofenac. Heat is always my go to additional pain reliever. I have a mini electric heated blanket - maybe the size of a pillow case so big enough to provide relief without over heating. Really hope you get some relief soon - chronic pain can feel inescapable.

Really sorry if you’ve said before but have they stated they won’t remove it/expect it to resolve itself? When speaking to the GP remember to tell them how bad it is at it’s worse - sometimes I think we can be so accustomed to the ‘shutting up/putting up’ rhetoric that we downplay the real impact on our lives when suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is really unnacceptable is just how women's health issues, especially pain related things like this, are just overlooked/underemphasised so much of the time (for annyone interested in this kind of topic I really recommend Caroline Criado Perez's book Invisible Women). Kind of unrelated (as if this thread is not always a total off topic :ROFLMAO:) but one of my friends got pregnant, had no idea how it could have been possible as she was really careful with the pill, went to her GP (who had prescribed her the pill) and he said, but obviously as you have an ovarian cyst (which they were both aware of) the pill doesn;t really work. He had NEVER mentioned it to her and just kind of shrugged his shoulders at her outrage
It's terrible isn't it? I've always had horrendous periods, I was given the pill at 14 to try and help, then I was pretty much forced to have a coil (they said due to my anaemia they wouldn't prescribe me anything hormonal so it was that or nothing!!) which I had for 5 years and only recently had removed, it made everything so much worse and the doctor refused to remove it and just said 'some women just have more pain than others' basically just suck it up. Changed doctors, had the coil removed and went back on the pill which helped so much - It's just this cyst giving me pain now. Its awful how women are treated, like the fact that the male contraceptive pills weren't approved due to the fact they gave the EXACT same side effects womens ones have?! I really hate our society at times.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
WTF?!?! That’s outrageous. Completely agree re: women’s health issues!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Jay-cloth Cow can recommend Fybogel on this front to keep things moving. Bit gentler than lactolose and as you have to take it with a glass of water it helps keep you hydrated.

I’ve been prescribed oromorph before for Endo pain and at the time an unknown ovarian cyst - while it’s good it did space me out. I was prescribed this because I’m allergic to diclofenac. Heat is always my go to additional pain reliever. I have a mini electric heated blanket - maybe the size of a pillow case so big enough to provide relief without over heating. Really hope you get some relief soon - chronic pain can feel inescapable.

Really sorry if you’ve said before but have they stated they won’t remove it/expect it to resolve itself? When speaking to the GP remember to tell them how bad it is at it’s worse - sometimes I think we can be so accustomed to the ‘shutting up/putting up’ rhetoric that we downplay the real impact on our lives when suffering.
They said it should go within 8 weeks or so but if it's still giving me trouble then they will remove it!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.