Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't like the Belgian chocolate Haagen Dazs, it always tastes really odd to me too. I love the salted caramel and the strawberry cheesecake, but my current addiction is the Magnum double salted caramel tubs, they're amazing.

Stuck my head out of the back door this morning, all quiet outside. An hour later, text from neighbour to say I had two lambs running up and down her top field and a ewe and two lambs in her bottom field. Retrieved succesfully and then I marched the lot down the road to a set of fields I was going to grow on for hay, but are now going to be sheep fields for a couple of weeks instead!! Now seeing if anyone local has got a fencer coming in the next few weeks so I can at least get the bottom bit sorted where they're jumping over. I haven't found the hole at the top yet.

Reactions: 13
I’m not a fan of magnum choc ices but those magnum tubs are amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Urgh, Fraus with other children, did you ‘plan’ your children so they could wear the hand me downs at the right time of year?! Little Beds and Baby Beds were born different ends of the year and I just pulled down a load of clothes from the loft and they’re still f&@£ing winter clothes! Baby Beds is even a size ahead of his peers (the irony that the baby who fell off the centile chart is now the other end of it) but still not into the summer clothes Little Beds had 😩. Totally first world problems I know!

I made a veggie ragu (Hairy Bikers) using mushrooms and lentils and ngl am really impressed with it. While I enjoy raw mushrooms not much of a fan of them cooked but this worked really well. I also have a bag of plant based ‘mince’ from IKEA - has anyone else used it? I’ve not got round to using mine yet so curious to see if anyone else has!

Reactions: 4
Every time I hear someone say 'pacifically' I want to say 'not Atlantically?'. Terrible SPAG is rife in the visual arts community as well. There's an artist I follow on Instagram who posts 'working progress' and multiple others who post 'sneak peaks'. None of them know that 'thank you' is two words, it's a bloody epidemic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Has anyone tried one of the Boursin pasta recipes out there? There are many different types. Some are baked. I saw one version with added broccoli and cooked in the gin.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Urgh, Fraus with other children, did you ‘plan’ your children so they could wear the hand me downs at the right time of year?! Little Beds and Baby Beds were born different ends of the year and I just pulled down a load of clothes from the loft and they’re still f&@£ing winter clothes! Baby Beds is even a size ahead of his peers (the irony that the baby who fell off the centile chart is now the other end of it) but still not into the summer clothes Little Beds had 😩. Totally first world problems I know!

I made a veggie ragu (Hairy Bikers) using mushrooms and lentils and ngl am really impressed with it. While I enjoy raw mushrooms not much of a fan of them cooked but this worked really well. I also have a bag of plant based ‘mince’ from IKEA - has anyone else used it? I’ve not got round to using mine yet so curious to see if anyone else has!
I don;t have children but do people really have this level of organisation?!
ooh this sounds yum! side note but I don;t think I have ever met anyone who doesn;t like cooked mushrooms only raw :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I notice from the guys I speak to on dating apps how awful people's grammar is these days.
I once got stopped by a bloke walking home & he asked me if “x are you” was where or were, I used to live in a dive so was suspicious but he was texting a girl off an app, bless him.

Having a nose on single colleagues’ tinder and bumble is the only thing I miss about office culture.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don;t have children but do people really have this level of organisation?!
ooh this sounds yum! side note but I don;t think I have ever met anyone who doesn;t like cooked mushrooms only raw :LOL:
Oh we have a friend who planned it - her boys have birthdays in the same week! Had another friend who was genuinely put out that her daughter may have arrived on her anniversary - personally didn’t get that!

Haha yeah it’s a bit odd re the mushroom thing. Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences but I automatically think of cooked mushrooms as being slimy and find it hard to get past that! But am a bit ‘funny’ with textures of food.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I really don't like the Belgian chocolate Haagen Dazs,
This is a relief, I’ve been putting off checking the date cos I know it’ll knock me sick 😂

did you ‘plan’ your children so they could wear the hand me downs at the right time of year?!
I’m amazed this is a thing, it’s v savvy & I’m amazed anyone is able to do that tbh our journey was very different lol. How is BB doing with his milk and hospital stuff? That’s amazing he’s so big now, love a chunky baby x

@emm yhe opposite - LOVE mushrooms but don’t get ppl eating them raw at all

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried one of the Boursin pasta recipes out there? There are many different types. Some are baked. I saw one version with added broccoli and cooked in the gin.
Oh ha ha - it was supposed to say cooked on the hob. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is a relief, I’ve been putting off checking the date cos I know it’ll knock me sick 😂

I’m amazed this is a thing, it’s v savvy & I’m amazed anyone is able to do that tbh our journey was very different lol. How is BB doing with his milk and hospital stuff? That’s amazing he’s so big now, love a chunky baby x

@emm yhe opposite - LOVE mushrooms but don’t get ppl eating them raw at all
I think I just thought/think that would be counter productive to the whole process (cause of course it’s as simple as ‘relaxing’ when it comes ttc🙄) if you’re trying to be that organised. Though Mr Beds, when told it was another boy as BB was born said ‘thank god we can reuse the clothes’ 🤪 - tbh I’d have reused them regardless.

BB is doing really well thanks 😊 - hopefully we get the green light soon to try the milk/soy/egg ladders. He’s a real foodie and loves everything so far so hoping we get through the ladders ok. Though the Dietician is concerned he’s ‘too big’ but hasn’t physically seen him 🥴. But HV are happy with all the measurements. He’s also on a big developmental leap - like it’s great but mixed in with teething, jeez! How are you getting on - how’s mini HTRIA? Also have you checked the date on the ice cream yet?!

NP - so cute though. MIL gave me some of Mr Beds old baby clothes - probably be adored by the Insta Mum brigade - so impractical. I used to put Little Beds in them, take an obligatory photo then take it off again!

• Heart
Her real name is Boudicca-Siggy. We do call her Susan when she's bouncing off the walls twice a day. She's also known as Bunny or just Siggy. Thor is really called Thor though.

• Heart
Her real name is Boudicca-Siggy. We do call her Susan when she's bouncing off the walls twice a day. She's also known as Bunny or just Siggy. Thor is really called Thor though.
does anyone call their pets their real names? mine have so many increasingly bizarre nicknames I worry If they went missing and I had to do posters with their names they would never even acknowledge their official name 😂

Oh ha ha - it was supposed to say cooked on the hob. 😬
I did wonder about cooking pasta in gin... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
does anyone call their pets their real names? mine have so many increasingly bizarre nicknames I worry If they went missing and I had to do posters with their names they would never even acknowledge their official name 😂

I did wonder about cooking pasta in gin... 😂
Ha, I'm the same with all my pets too! Thor turned into Torsten which turned to TorTor now it's Tortellini. We do call Loki Pooh more often than we do Loki. My husband is Norwegian, very proud of his Viking heritage which is why the boys are Thor and Loki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ha, I'm the same with all my pets too! Thor turned into Torsten which turned to TorTor now it's Tortellini. We do call Loki Pooh more often than we do Loki. My husband is Norwegian, very proud of his Viking heritage which is why the boys are Thor and Loki.
awww I love tortellini as a little nick name( also funny how the nicknames are always longer than the real ones, same with my two 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
awww I love tortellini as a little nick name( also funny how the nicknames are always longer than the real ones, same with my two 😂)
We also make fun of their bums. Pooh is hairy pear bum and Thor is square butt. So mean :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.