Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it’s like a zoom call? Is the law centre person going to be in your house with you?
It is like a zoom call however, sadly, it’s a special government secure version. Otherwise everyone would be putting cat filters on. I would. The Law lady will be in her office, we won’t be together.
I’ve done other court appointments this way already, my previous career required some court attendance so I have no fear of court as such, it’s an environment I’m familiar with so I’m a bit blasé.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
my birthday tea. rib eye steak and dauphinoise potatoes. this is a crap picture but mr kcc has outdone himself. this was spectacular

20210611_200928.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Happy birthday Kacha! Found a pink-haired girl meme, but it’s a bit creepy, sorry 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
thanks loves ❤ I've had a lovely day and you've all been a part of it. now to make mr kcc put the mask on...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Still no power! I've run down the car battery so have angry husband. Anyway, I'm reading Black Coffee Blues by torchlight so I'm feelin' kinda punk. Happy birthday @kachoochoo!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gutted about your lack of power MCM, hope it’s back on soon, we are all hoping for a weekly Sunday chaos
Oh yeah and it’s inconvenient for your life and cats and hubby etc, am sure they need the power on too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Darling Fraus

I’m looking for some advice I’m over 50 never really done make up but would like occasionally to look a bit more polished I liked how Emma and Anna looked on SKL the heavily made up look is not for me

I’m looking to even out skin tone hide blemishes and look well rested

Ideally in five minutes with five products at most yes I realise the SKL make up almost certainly took longer and used a lot of products

Can anyone in this canal point me to a good YouTube video or cosmetic counter pre pandemic I tried Boots and it was a disaster

Thankyou

Reactions: 6
Darling Fraus

I’m looking for some advice I’m over 50 never really done make up but would like occasionally to look a bit more polished I liked how Emma and Anna looked on SKL the heavily made up look is not for me

Ideally in five minutes with five products at most yes I realise the SKL make up almost certainly took longer and used a lot of products

Can anyone in this canal point me to a good YouTube video or cosmetic counter pre pandemic I tried Boots and it was a disaster

Thankyou
I have no idea where you live, obviously, but if you have a good department store near you with a makeup section they usually have various cosmetic counters for various brands, where I am the tutorials are usually free if you buy some products afterwards

Reactions: 5
Darling Fraus

Thankyou
Glossier are quite good for simple basic make up essentials. And the ordinary do a lovely foundation. My make up routine is serum foundation, draw in my brows (necessity not choice lol), nude eyeshadow and mascara. Eyeliner sometimes too

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Darling Fraus

Thankyou
IT Cosmetics CC cream is good - it’s like a tinted moisturiser that’s concealer / foundation combined, but not too heavy and it evens skin tone really well. It was recommended here a while ago, and it’s really good.

Trinny London make-up (of Trinny and Susannah fame) does cute little pots of make-up that’s really easy to apply - neutral eyeshadows, blush, the works - and you can end up with a more polished face in like 5 mins. Have a look on the Facebook page - there’s loads of videos for how to apply, etc.

Little swipe of mascara, maybe a bit of eyeliner and Bob’s your uncle, Jack’s your unt.

• Heart
I can’t remember who is on the pip train but I have my Tribunal in just over 2 weeks.
The law centre are helping me, I’ve seen their submission for my case it’s really direct!
“For x descriptor DWP states 0 points, Hotes has clearly said she uses an aid and cannot reliably do x regularly, therefore she should get 4 points”
For Y descriptor DWP states Hotes does not need any assistance and does not take medication. This is untrue and contradicts Hotes application where she states she takes X and Y and Z daily.
Good luck with everything Hotes

• Heart
Good luck @HotesTilaire - my sister is practically disabled some days and she had to go through the same thing. She filled in the form and tried to give a balanced view of 'some days I can do this' and the assessor ignored all of the things she couldn't do. She was awarded the benefit in the end following appeal.

@Oxford_Girl I really rate the Trinny products and a great, natural base is their BFF De-stress serum. I also use the concealer called 'just a touch' as I have some redness around my nose. The website is great as you can put in your details (skin colour/eye colour etc) and it makes suggestions for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy belated birthday to @kachoochoo, birthday dinner looks immense.

Hope everything goes well with you Hotes, sounds like you've got some decent folk helping you out.

Currently at my mum and dad's in the North Yorkshire countryside 🔺️ and it is absolutely beautiful and sunny and I don't ever want to leave. Think it's the first time I've been away from home in over a year. There was a deer resting in the garden yesterday ffs, the place is like a Disney film. Meanwhile I just have the cats dragging rats home. Not quite as quaint.

• Heart
no pics as I was hungry, but mr kcc just roasted Jersey royals with garlic to go with roast lamb and asparagus.

all you potato-eating fraus need to roast new potatoes with garlic immediately! It was immense!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.