Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 604850
Pooh's real name is Loki.
I see it, he's magnificent. Do your cats have like a million nicknames? Mr Beans was originally named Toblerone but my brother in law and his missus were high when they named him and so it got shortened to Toby when he was registered at the vet, then Toe Beans, Dr Tobias Funke, Mr Beans, and Toby the Racist Cat (someone on Reddit berated my wife because they for some reason thought we'd named him after a Black character in 12 Years a Slave...).

The two sisters go by Bodger and Badger on occasion because one loves mashed potato and the other is a bleeping idiot.

eta: forgive the double post i thought it would merge, such shame

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm really bad at photographing food but I made fish tacos today with the Plant Kitchen fishless goujons. In fact it was a mix of those and the Finnebrogue ones and they were completely indistinguishable from each other. It's been at least nine years since I last ate fish but I don't remember it ever being complete mush. There wasn't even 6g of protein so it's not even good for my macros! I personally would prefer battered banana blossom, the texture and taste are much better.

taco time.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Asda are now doing their own fishless fingers in their Plant Based range. They have good reviews so they might be worth a try?

Reactions: 6
I'm really bad at photographing food but I made fish tacos today with the Plant Kitchen fishless goujons. In fact it was a mix of those and the Finnebrogue ones and they were completely indistinguishable from each other. It's been at least nine years since I last ate fish but I don't remember it ever being complete mush. There wasn't even 6g of protein so it's not even good for my macros! I personally would prefer battered banana blossom, the texture and taste are much better.

View attachment 608738
these look soooooo good! I would devour them in minutes ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: 7

View attachment 608738
where did you get the little taco wraps? I have never seen any that small on sale. Or did you make them? looks yum!

Reactions: 8
Glad you've got an emotional support cat. Love the tattoos as well!
I see it, he's magnificent. Do your cats have like a million nicknames? Mr Beans was originally named Toblerone but my brother in law and his missus were high when they named him and so it got shortened to Toby when he was registered at the vet, then Toe Beans, Dr Tobias Funke, Mr Beans, and Toby the Racist Cat (someone on Reddit berated my wife because they for some reason thought we'd named him after a Black character in 12 Years a Slave...).

The two sisters go by Bodger and Badger on occasion because one loves mashed potato and the other is a bleeping idiot.

eta: forgive the double post i thought it would merge, such shame
We mainly call him Pooh, Poohbert, and Lokeable Pooh-Bear. Because he's a pedigree his papers say Tantus Jaime Lannister. The breeder is a GOT fan! Susan is Bunny, Siggy, Icky, Shuzan , Bunnifer and -my favourite-
SuperHappyFunBall.
Thor's name is Cooncastle Thor Thunderpaw. He's called King Julian sometimes because he does look like a lemur.
I didn't realise how many stupid names the poor cats get, haha. They take it all with gentle good humour though.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
lads, I've mentioned my downstairs neighbour here a couple of times and you may or may not (but probs won't) remember that she gave us a reused gift bag at xmas with the names tippexed out and rewritten.

well, it's my birthday on Friday and I have been presented with a bottle bag with my name inscribed with these stickers and it's the cutest thing ever! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Screenshot_20210608-202132_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
where did you get the little taco wraps? I have never seen any that small on sale. Or did you make them? looks yum!
Iโ€™ve found little taco wraps at Morrisons - canโ€™t think what the brand was but they did plain ones and the others were chili and lime (I think).

lads, I've mentioned my downstairs neighbour here a couple of times and you may or may not (but probs won't) remember that she gave us a reused gift bag at xmas with the names tippexed out and rewritten.

well, it's my birthday on Friday and I have been presented with a bottle bag with my name inscribed with these stickers and it's the cutest thing ever! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

View attachment 609024
Do you reckon she reads Tattle and felt shamed by her recycled Tipp-Ex jobby? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I made them @Emm! Can't for the life of me remember where I got the original recipe from though, all I knew was the amount of flour. I make twelve at a time, wrap them in foil and put them in the freezer then defrost them and heat them through in a dry frying pan when I want them. Great for when you want smol tacos or huge burritos that shop-bought wraps just cannot accommodate.

• Heart
Asda have got tons of smol tortilla options @emm ! I like their own brand white/wholemeal mixed ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@blurstoftimes - I looked your profile up yesterday as hadn't seen you for so long and wanted to check you were still with us! Saw your last post was April and I thought you'd abandoned us, nice to have you back ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So, we had a huge storm last night and are stuck without power until possibly the 13th! I'm currently sitting in the car charging my phone and vape. In my dressing gown, haha.

No doubt the power will be back on before then and luckily we have gas stove and hot water so I can at least boil water for tea and use the oven as a heater.

My first thought was how will I charge my phone, I'll die without some cabal interaction. Tiny chaos Down Under :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I canโ€™t remember who is on the pip train but I have my Tribunal in just over 2 weeks.
The law centre are helping me, Iโ€™ve seen their submission for my case itโ€™s really direct!
โ€œFor x descriptor DWP states 0 points, Hotes has clearly said she uses an aid and cannot reliably do x regularly, therefore she should get 4 pointsโ€
For Y descriptor DWP states Hotes does not need any assistance and does not take medication. This is untrue and contradicts Hotes application where she states she takes X and Y and Z daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I canโ€™t remember who is on the pip train but I have my Tribunal in just over 2 weeks.
The law centre are helping me, Iโ€™ve seen their submission for my case itโ€™s really direct!
โ€œFor x descriptor DWP states 0 points, Hotes has clearly said she uses an aid and cannot reliably do x regularly, therefore she should get 4 pointsโ€
For Y descriptor DWP states Hotes does not need any assistance and does not take medication. This is untrue and contradicts Hotes application where she states she takes X and Y and Z daily.
That sounds like a nightmare. Do you have someone to go with you? Does the Law Centre send people?

Reactions: 8
That sounds like a nightmare. Do you have someone to go with you? Does the Law Centre send people?
Itโ€™s all online these days so no problem for me to go. The law centre lady will also be there. Just as well as I have to go in person to a work assessment for DWP miles away days before so the chances of me being able to speak after doing that are very slim.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Itโ€™s all online these days so no problem for me to go. The law centre lady will also be there. Just as well as I have to go in person to a work assessment for DWP miles away days before so the chances of me being able to speak after doing that are very slim.
So itโ€™s like a zoom call? Is the law centre person going to be in your house with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.