Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a pot of @blurstoftimes Blurst Beans on the go and I’m very excited. Just bringing it to the boil now. I’ve been thinking about this for months and only got round to buying the 7 spice (couldn’t find 9 spice) and am using very fancy Italian tinned tomatoes I got in Waitrose.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve got a pot of @blurstoftimes Blurst Beans on the go and I’m very excited. Just bringing it to the boil now. I’ve been thinking about this for months and only got round to buying the 7 spice (couldn’t find 9 spice) and am using very fancy Italian tinned tomatoes I got in Waitrose.
Can this recipe be posted again please?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I want these noowwwwww
I’m about to have mine on toast. My husband asked if it was from the Palomar cookbook. I said I saw it on TikTok. Not ready to confess to being part of a mendacious cabal of ninnies just yet...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
10574734-624B-4ACC-BB98-EF02F5683D35.jpeg

Near impossible to get all three in a decent pic. Luckily they agreed Tattle is a great place to show their almost-winter floof and held still
for a second.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Majestic is a word often used to describe MC cats. Then you've got dopey looking Susan in the middle, haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
They're all stunning but Susan's face is making me hoot. That is the exact expression that I have on my face in my high school yearbook photo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
7646A894-88D6-441F-A625-F054C01A9655.jpeg

This was posted on the Mother Thread by @Marj24, I've had to screenshot and keep it because I just can't get over the face on the 'Panda'. It's going in my album of animals I look at when I'm having a bad day and I've sent it to my friend who is going through a tough time ♥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Have a Zoom cookery class tomorrow evening and can't wait. I did one a few weeks ago on Middle Eastern food and it was fantastic. Tomorrow's is on Spanish food. Only €20 too !. A bleeping Ballymaloe one would be €100 !

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have a Zoom cookery class tomorrow evening and can't wait. I did one a few weeks ago on Middle Eastern food and it was fantastic. Tomorrow's is on Spanish food. Only €20 too !. A bleeping Ballymaloe one would be €100 !
That sounds great! Will they be able to see you as well? A comedian I like did a Zoom show for fans, I forgot he could see us too and I'm sitting there in a vest with no bra...
It's amazing how used to Zoom we are now. Someone should get a smelloscope going so you could smell all the food!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That sounds great! Will they be able to see you as well? A comedian I like did a Zoom show for fans, I forgot he could see us too and I'm sitting there in a vest with no bra...
It's amazing how used to Zoom we are now. Someone should get a smelloscope going so you could smell all the food!
Yes everyone can see everyone which is actually great because if you have a question or something goes wrong you can show the instructor and she can give advice on what to do.

Zoom has given some comedy gold, of course the best of all was that lawyer who put on the cat filter, but felt he had to point out to the judge "I am not a cat"!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think I need one. I made a kohlrabi and courgette salad this evening (admittedly not suited to the weather but I am trying really really hard to cook and eat well) that went down like a lead balloon.

Mrs Tunnel came home from a crappy day at school, looked at the salad, looked at the torrential rain and tried to be encouraging.

I ate the salad (😑). She had beans on toast and now there is a distinct feeling of failure in the air.

At least no one had slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You shouldn't really need online classes, certainly no need to pay for them. Couple of things you need to be a good cook.

Good quality pots/pans/knives/whisk and scales.

Learn the basics but learn them well, learn to grill, fry, bake, stir fry and simmer. Get to know your stove and its little foibles like hot spots in the oven or grill. Once you get these basics mastered all you need is a recipe and maybe a picture of what you want to re-create.

bon appetit :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.