Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone get what I call 'Cooks belly'?

I'll sometimes start cooking dinner, feeling pretty hungry, but when I sit down to eat it, my stomach just shuts off and feels full. Seems to be happening more and more recently. I don't graze while I cook, just the odd taste towards the end for seasoning etc.
My mum has always complained of this, so have my friends with kids. Never felt that way myself, but I don't cook as much as I should.

I don't feel like eating after I've served the cats dinner but I think that's a good thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is for @crystaleyesd more than anyone else as she sparked this interest for me - but my colleague I've never met before sent me a birthday present after I told her about how much I loved looking up what @crystaleyesd told us about holes! I love how much we learn from each other on here, terrible fraus we are not x
Screenshot_20210515-173601_Gallery.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
behold mr kcc's hotdogs! Morrison's Best hotdog sausages (there's definitely paprika in there), fully-baked part-baked petits pains, cheese slices and lovely slowly-cooked onions from a hot pan. you when dinner just really hits the spot more than usual? this was it

20210515_201046.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
behold mr kcc's hotdogs! Morrison's Best hotdog sausages (there's definitely paprika in there), fully-baked part-baked petits pains, cheese slices and lovely slowly-cooked onions from a hot pan. you when dinner just really hits the spot more than usual? this was it

View attachment 575589
Wowser. What a lovely meal.

They look all snuggly tucked in their doughy beds.

Reactions: 16

View attachment 575589
Ah man I love a good hotdog ☺. Onions, mustard and ketchup for me. We do bratwursts in beer sometimes too, lovely sweet, beery, oniony sauce 😋. Tip for beer brats - Abotts Ale is the best we've found so far for cooking them in, doesn't come out bitter like some beers can👌

Reactions: 14
That is actually a really tough one, because salad dressings normally have olive or sunflower oil in them, and one tbsp of either is 120 calories !

That's why i tend to make ones that have a good bit of balsamic and wholegrain mustard and as little oil as I can get away with.
How big are your spoons!!!! olive oil is around 40 calories per tablespoon. Watch the wholegrain mustard too, lots of added hydrogenated oils and sugar are added to most brands.

I never buy ready made dressings, non are as good as home made. Nothing to stop you using plain lemon juice on a salad, or perhaps vinegar or flavored vinegar. White wine with tarragon added adds a good flavour and keeps forever. If you have a small spray bottle in the kitchen give salad a quick spray of oil just before serving, the oil 'mist' works well on salad and sprinkle a little lemon or balsamic on the salad too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How big are your spoons!!!! olive oil is around 40 calories per tablespoon. Watch the wholegrain mustard too, lots of added hydrogenated oils and sugar are added to most brands.

I never buy ready made dressings, non are as good as home made. Nothing to stop you using plain lemon juice on a salad, or perhaps vinegar or flavored vinegar. White wine with tarragon added adds a good flavour and keeps forever. If you have a small spray bottle in the kitchen give salad a quick spray of oil just before serving, the oil 'mist' works well on salad and sprinkle a little lemon or balsamic on the salad too.
@MerchantOfTea is correct, olive oil is 120 calories per tablespoon (15mls) 40 calories per teaspoon (5mls)

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I am one person, when I make a salad I dress it, mix it then put it in a serving bowl. This ensures it gets a good coating of dressing without excess calories. I’m basic- lemon or vinegar, oregano, olive oil. I get the calorie fear, however I think of olive oil as a key ingredient in a salad. We need some fats and oils and it’s a good source for this. I would rather skip seeds or cheese than skip olive oil.

Reactions: 13
@MerchantOfTea is correct, olive oil is 120 calories per tablespoon (15mls) 40 calories per teaspoon (5mls)
I stand corrected, my humble apologies :) But in perspective of a meal, something like some grilled steamed chicken, your 120 cals of dressing and some salad would come in a little over 500 calories so that won't kill you.

I stand corrected, my humble apologies :) But in perspective of a meal, something like some grilled steamed chicken, your 120 cals of dressing and some salad would come in a little over 500 calories so that won't kill you.
I agree some olive oil won't kill you, however I was just clarifying that olive oil is not 40 calories per tablespoon, it may have mislead others, all be it unintentionally

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree some olive oil won't kill you, however I was just clarifying that olive oil is not 40 calories per tablespoon, it may have mislead others, all be it unintentionally
You've clarified my error twice now so lets move on...I'm frying bacon and eggs in lard for brekkie, taste great and not a threat to health if like me its a once a month treat. Stay safe and count those cals :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You've clarified my error twice now so lets move on...I'm frying bacon and eggs in lard for brekkie, taste great and not a threat to health if like me its a once a month treat. Stay safe and count those cals :)
Thank you, I've put you on ignore!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh, it’s you again. What larks, hey? Stop looking for threads to wind up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Calories are calories are calories.
Oil is oil is oil.
All the same, innit?
When will you learn the basics @Marj24?!

(💋;))

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.