Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had one recently and made endless small talk with the poor nurse, you could tell she isn't interested in the random conversations I come up,( clearly not a cat person :LOL: )with but it is a good distraction :LOL:
Also in interesting news, I was asking about HPV and she told me that it is something that (once you have cannot disappear totally) but is very much based on your immune system, in the same way when you are run down you tend to be more susceptible to coldsores, so it can be at a higher or lower level. I found that fasinating!
I do the same - had to have a smear, colposcopy and biopsy all in one delightful session last week and just babbled at the poor nurse whilst the doctor was rummaging. I find taking 2 ibroprofen about an hour before helps relax the muscles too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I also talk the ear off people when I’m nervous. I get anxious before a smear because it always really hurts me, but I deal with it by telling myself I have to get it done and I just chat tit to the poor nurse who is probably glad to see the back of me after. What about something like Rescue Remedy? No idea if it really works but I used it when nervous about my driving test.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a bit of a personal question that I don’t dare ask anyone who knows me

Does anyone have any tips for calming themselves down before one? I get really just insanely anxious at the mere idea, the last couple I’ve dragged someone along to but obviously with COVID that’s not an option this time. I know it’s such a stupid thing to be scared of and logically I know the nurse will be understanding and patient but the mere thought of it is making me panic.
Sending ❤. Any advice welcomed on my side too.

Thinking of you.

Can I send a doggo to help ?

3BF315BD-44F9-49E7-B46A-549A955A12BF.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
it scares me when my cat does this, freezes and then stares fixatedly at nothing, always makes me wonder if my flat is haunted :LOL:
It's like when cats suddenly go CRAZY and start darting about from room to room - it's like they've seen a ghost!

Re: the ridiculousness of tuxie cats, my flatmate just got an excellent pic of ours.

View attachment 564885
This is a fantastic photo :ROFLMAO:

Thinking of you.

View attachment 568110
Gorgeous! Looks like La Roux in dog form!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Went to the fancy supermarket to buy passionfruit and snow peas. Of course they didn't have any of either 😖 but they did have THIS:

20210510_175328.jpg

I am so, so excited.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I looove pistachio. What are you going to do with it besides eating it with a spoon?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Thinking of you.

View attachment 568110
Love the Doggo ❤

thanks for the advice guys - I also babble away incessantly about crap when I’m anxious so the nurse has that to look forward to! I’ll try the ibruprofen, I had one entirely fail because I could not relax enough so anything that might help that is good!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've had a similar pistachio butter but crunchy! From a brand called Borna. I had it with yogurt, fruit, on toast, pasta, and salads - it's very versatile and very nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've had a similar pistachio butter but crunchy! From a brand called Borna. I had it with yogurt, fruit, on toast, pasta, and salads - it's very versatile and very nice!
🤪 I read that like it was a jack recipe for a moment, I.e all together, all in one go! Too much time in MT

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hi all, was away a while but back now for more informative and mind broadening content.
Am after following the hype and after getting an air fryer. I am doing good with it so far, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences.
The highlight for me so far was a fakeaway spice bag. It was off the charts delicious

Reactions: 8
Hi all, was away a while but back now for more informative and mind broadening content.
Am after following the hype and after getting an air fryer. I am doing good with it so far, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences.
The highlight for me so far was a fakeaway spice bag. It was off the charts delicious
What is a spice bag?

Reactions: 5
What is a spice bag?
Ireland's single greatest contribution to Asian fusion cuisine.

Chips
Chicken strips
Onions
Peppers
Chilis
Secret Spice Bag Seasoning (which I think has shitloads of salt, some 5 spice, dried chili and I bet MSG)

Any of the irish folks here will attest to how tasty this is

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Ireland's single greatest contribution to Asian fusion cuisine.

Chips
Chicken strips
Onions
Peppers
Chilis
Secret Spice Bag Seasoning (which I think has shitloads of salt, some 5 spice, dried chili and I bet MSG)

Any of the irish folks here will attest to how tasty this is
Sure you know yourself. It’s in my regular Chinese takeaway order. Mr Aquamarina also does a cracking homemade spice bag.

Reactions: 5
Sure you know yourself. It’s in my regular Chinese takeaway order. Mr Aquamarina also does a cracking homemade spice bag.
He's a keeper in that case.

Good article about tracking down the origins of the Spice Bag.

It definitely deserves PDO status, like the Waterford Blaa !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Everyone is in the big field now. Here they all are sorting themselves back into family units after being fed this evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.