Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you doing it with Marcus and Tom?
Of course, I've been gently softly softly working behind the scenes!

The finished product was too ugly for tattle photos but tasted ok, so it's a start...I do have 500g of chicken thighs and a can of pineapple left over, wonder if there's anything I could make with that 🥴

Love to you all take care of yourselves 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Re: the ridiculousness of tuxie cats, my flatmate just got an excellent pic of ours.

IMG-20210508-WA0015.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I can turn the 2am alarm off, the last two have both lambed today :) Although Mrs Twins, who was the last one, turned out to be Mrs Single - or at least she had a very large ewe lamb about 2 hours ago and shows absolutely no sign of there being another one in there, which means the second one probably didn't implant properly. She has, however, saved the best for last, as this is the only one showing some colour from birth.

lambs 2021-9.jpg

I said I wasn't going to keep any of these, but that one I might just change my mind about ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Have settings changed on tattle or have I been naughty somehow without meaning to be?! My private message option isn't there anymore 😭 I wanted to ask @Pocahontas if something was allowed! Gah!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Have settings changed on tattle or have I been naughty somehow without meaning to be?! My private message option isn't there anymore 😭 I wanted to ask @Pocahontas if something was allowed! Gah!
this may help

Reactions: 7
I can turn the 2am alarm off, the last two have both lambed today :) Although Mrs Twins, who was the last one, turned out to be Mrs Single - or at least she had a very large ewe lamb about 2 hours ago and shows absolutely no sign of there being another one in there, which means the second one probably didn't implant properly. She has, however, saved the best for last, as this is the only one showing some colour from birth.

I said I wasn't going to keep any of these, but that one I might just change my mind about ;)
Keep her keep her keep her!!!! Can we name her please please please!
BaaBra S’priseLamb

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
What did you want to ask, JC?
I did a hair donation the other day for a cause that is close to my heart (15 inches so I am now practically bald) so wanted to see if I could post a link to the charity's website along with the before and afters of the back of my head to see if anyone wanted to donate as a sort of sponsorship but wasn't sure if it would be within the rules/a bit gauche darling etc!

this may help
Thank you for this! I emailed in but will reply to this too - I don't think I've done anything to be reported but if I have I would like to know so I don't misbehave in future!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I did a hair donation the other day for a cause that is close to my heart (15 inches so I am now practically bald) so wanted to see if I could post a link to the charity's website along with the before and afters of the back of my head to see if anyone wanted to donate as a sort of sponsorship but wasn't sure if it would be within the rules/a bit gauche darling etc!
@Jay-cloth Cow - as long as it’s posted here and not in the Jack thread (and you’re ok with any privacy issues) then it should be ok!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
@Jay-cloth Cow - as long as it’s posted here and not in the Jack thread (and you’re ok with any privacy issues) then it should be ok!
Oh perfect! So this is a cause close to my heart as a good family friend's daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia aged 4. She lost her hair due to the treatment, the little princess trust were amazing with her. They make wigs for children who lose their hair due to cancer treatment, alopecia, or other conditions that causes hair loss. They need hair donations over 7 inches, over 12 ideally to make the wigs, which cost around £500 per wig to make. Here is my before and after to show my donation (15 inches) and if anyone wants to do a sort of sponsorship for me doing so (my hair is like my armour so this was a BIG deal for me) here is the link to do so https://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-money

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Keep her keep her keep her!!!! Can we name her please please please!
BaaBra S’priseLamb
Love it! *If* she stays she'll probably be known as Mrs Badger, because now I've had a proper look at her and she's dried out a bit, she has the markings that come with a genetic colour mutation known as badger face. It does show up in Cheviots occasionally, but it's quite rare - I'm guessing it was present in the Shetland side as well.

Unfortunately she turned out not to be a single lamb after all :( We went back down half an hour or so later to check she'd passed the afterbirth okay and found her lying on her side, pushing. Absolutely nothing showing at the back end so we decided to get her up the hill and into a pen in the field shelter to investigate. Halfway up a water bag appeared and burst immediately. By this time one of our neighbours had kindly jumped the fence and come to give us a hand, we got her into the shelter and he lambed her for us - the second lamb was even bigger, but there was no movement and even after swinging her to clear her lungs of any mucus and blowing into her lungs to try and get her going, she never took a breath. She probably died just as she was moving into the birth canal, which is why she took so long to make an appearance and the ewe wasn't showing any signs of a second labour. Mum and Badger are staying in the field shelter overnight as the weather's turned and Badger was a bit shivery, they're tucked up with hay and water and she's eaten half a kilo of ewe rolls and is starting to feel better.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh lads. How on earth do you come to terms with a relationship being over? How do you go from going through the motions to saying enough is enough, especially with young kids? Its all so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Oh lads. How on earth do you come to terms with a relationship being over? How do you go from going through the motions to saying enough is enough, especially with young kids? Its all so sad.
Are you alright? Even if you’re not great now, you will be again. Has it jus5 come to a head now?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
It's really tough :( I don't have kids, but when my mum left her first husband, my brother was still very little, just 4 or 5, and she said the thing that prompted her to finally leave was that she didn't want him growing up thinking that the way they were living was what a family should be like.

Big hugs.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.