Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For everyone who's having a tough time - have some bouncing lambs xx

I've left the Jack Monroe thread and popped over here for a mozey.
Loving all the sheepses and catses talk.
When away recently, dare I say in the Peak district I came across about 15 or so
gorgeous black lambs frolicking like these lambs.
Very entertaining.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Number 5 boy lamb is an idiot.

lambs 2021-8.jpg

Fortunately he hadn't been stuck in there too long when I found him - no thanks to his mother, who was enjoying the peace and quiet and grazing happily by herself 100 yards away, but his sister had curled up next to the rock on the left and he started bawling when he heard me walking up to her. None the worse for his adventure, but he'll probably think twice about trying that again!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
We can’t have a cat as Mr Bol’s Mum is very allergic (genuinely so, not in the “I’m pretending as I hate them” way) and if we did she’d never be able to come here and we’d have to strip before going into hers so I’m living through all your cat pictures ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So many perfect cats :love: I wish I could give Dreamies to all of them. This one is one of the many cats on my estate (housing, not country). She's beautiful but she makes an unholy racket. Someone else used to have a male Siamese cat who made a noise that sounded exactly like an adult man saying 'meow'. I don't know where he went and I don't particularly care - the sod kept digging up and ruining my plants.

siamese cat.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I can’t wait to move and get a cat so it can silently hate me unless I have dreamies
0EDBF75C-9098-45A9-8BDE-8FFFE0CB01FB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
370B15ED-C2FE-4E3F-87A3-1D865EB85AED.jpeg

I can never resist sharing our cats being idiots. Since I’ve been working from home I’ve noticed so many neighbourhood cats making themselves comfortable in our garden. Unfortunately my two are terrified of their own shadow let alone other felines, so I spend quite a lot of time rescuing them these days. There are some really gorgeous ones about!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I used to watch a kitten cam stream from a shelter, my three would always try to get behind the telly looking for the bebe cats.

There's a pigeon channel on you tube my cats love. Big starey bug-eyes at the screen for hours :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to watch a kitten cam stream from a shelter, my three would always try to get behind the telly looking for the bebe cats.

There's a pigeon channel on you tube my cats love. Big starey bug-eyes at the screen for hours :)
Aw that’s cute of them. I think a pigeon channel would drive me mad, I’m currently angry at them for waking me up in the mornings!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Aw that’s cute of them. I think a pigeon channel would drive me mad, I’m currently angry at them for waking me up in the mornings!
I had a kookaburra out the back for a few weeks, I don't know if you've ever heard one but my god they're LOUD. It sounds like someone laughing and I've shat myself a few times.
We have a few pigeons around, they're pretty mellow though, thankfully!

Reactions: 11
I had one of these Oreo ice cream sandwiches yesterday. A nice small sweet ending after a meal.
43502E8B-9C9D-4F8D-BFC6-B79201005B48.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I had a kookaburra out the back for a few weeks, I don't know if you've ever heard one but my god they're LOUD. It sounds like someone laughing and I've shat myself a few times.
kookaburra's are insane, I remember the first time I heard one, really freaked me out! so much of australian wildlife doesn't seem like it could be really just invented ofr a children's book or something :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just listened to one on YouTube and yup that would freak me out too!
We have mainly sparrows in the tree outside my bedroom but a chunky pigeon seems to have made it his home this week and it is the noisiest bird ever!

There’s also a collared dove that now likes to sit on the open window ledge. I’ve put up some fly net so it can’t get in easily but then it just panics after a bit and tries to leave by going right in to the window hinge instead of left out of the open window 🙄

9688C222-A3BA-4953-AA14-FC64EDF7F0DC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
kookaburra's are insane, I remember the first time I heard one, really freaked me out! so much of australian wildlife doesn't seem like it could be really just invented ofr a children's book or something :LOL:
Koalas are actually horrid! I mean, they're gorgeous but they sound like a pig dying. There's a great clip on YouTube of two male koalas fighting, it's not bad it's hilarious because they're going really slow. Like a couple of old men having a blue after last drinks is called. I often see kangaroos where I live as well, one of my friends was jogging and surprised a 'roo one morning. It kicked the tit out of him, cracked ribs and bruises and scratches everywhere.

I do love how the wildlife here is like nothing else on earth, and most of it does look like someone made it up :)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Vivienne Squiggle is making a lovely job of her lambs.

20210507_100844_capture.jpg

And the Ewerhythmics were hanging around the road end yesterday, so I took them some grub and got a slightly better reception than last time. They're very spooky though and won't eat from my hand at the moment, I think one of my neighbours may have used his dog to move them as he was getting his own ewes in, and they're not very keen on that. They'll come round again soon enough.

563451[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23
You’ve influenced my dreams. I dreamt I had a cocker spaniel that had puppies. In the dream Baby Beds was having to sleep in bed with me as the dog and pups were in the cot! I didn’t even Tattle before bed last night. 🤪

Pre pandemic we volunteered as holiday cover for service dogs in training for a charity. So younger dogs but generally well trained. Little Beds is an animal whisperer and always so respectful with them. They’ve recently resumed training so hoping we’re able to provide holiday cover again in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Chopchoptheonion.jpg

Getting some onion policing done! 🔪🤖(Detective fraus may be able to work out what I'm making)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Hello all. I bought these beautiful long aubergines today at a Chinese supermarket on a rare outing. What would you do with them?

D5A5860D-1564-4437-8383-24DEBEC1777D.jpeg

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.