Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nobody knows exactly where Maine Coons originated, the raccoon theory is apparently genetically impossible as they are two very different species. I tend toward the Norwegian Forest cat theory, mixed with a bit of bobcat to get those amazing lynx-tips. @Marj24 Brown tabbies are so gorgeous! Love them all.
Here's Pooh cuddling my arm, and yes that's a Lion King tattoo.
11D8AE3A-68F2-43BA-8614-BF5E1F03CD59.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think I've mentioned before I adopted my cat as a kitten from the Cats Protection. My sister got hers from the RSPCA, my parents got both of theirs from a breeder (they're ocicats (the cats obvs, not my parents)). I would always recommend the Cats Protection over the RSPCA or randos selling kittens because they're 100% cat-focused and make sensible decisions about re-homing their animals. Their cats are always neutered as well.

There was a local animal rescue place I went to that allowed me to go and look at all their cats, make a shortlist of the ones I was interested in then fill out the paperwork only to tell me when I rang up two weeks later that because I lived in a flat I couldn't have any of them. I had already told them I lived in a flat beforehand and they said that wasn't a problem. A few weeks later I found the four-legged love of my life at the Cats Protection so needless to say I had the last laugh, and so did my cat.

View attachment 560790
That's basically a panther, what a gorgeous cat. And nice window squiggling 🤣

Here is Mr Beans jumping into my spot a second after I got up this morning. I was lucky because he's a bit of a smotherer and tends to just flop over on my face when I'm asleep. He flips over like this for tummy rubs as soon as you acknowledge him.

eta: @MaineCoonMama I love Pooh, cuddly cats are the best. Ragdolls seem much the same with the cuddles tho mine is only 50% raggie and 50% dog

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I got my kitto from an old friend whose cat had been out and about with the local toms. I transported him from my hometown in Wales all the way to London 🔺 because I knew I had to have him. The local adoption places wouldn't have found my flat suitable, I don't think, but kitto is perfectly happy and gets bundles of love.

IMG_20210430_111609.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Loving all the cats. I've always wanted a Norwegian Forest Cat, but not going to happen while I have a spaniel who's mad for chasing anything smaller than her that's fluffy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I got my kitto from an old friend whose cat had been out and about with the local toms. I transported him from my hometown in Wales all the way to London 🔺 because I knew I had to have him. The local adoption places wouldn't have found my flat suitable, I don't think, but kitto is perfectly happy and gets bundles of love.

View attachment 561763
Aw, I love tuxedo cats, such dignified-looking creatures

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Loving all the cats. I've always wanted a Norwegian Forest Cat, but not going to happen while I have a spaniel who's mad for chasing anything smaller than her that's fluffy.
Spaniel? Finally a convo I can get involved in.

Spaniel currently sparked out due to flirting with too many students on the morning walk.

Photo of how spaniel looks when sparked out.
B870755E-7B54-40C3-AB3A-E70EB92A5F57.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is it cat photo day? Excellent.

2 of mine displaying a bit of brotherly love

7A271E1D-C70F-4120-B96D-EB3F405C8858.jpeg

And one of the older ladies in a bag, because when you’re older you can do what you damn well please and you’ll give this look to any human who asks you why.

365A6934-2779-439F-B884-21A6526A88ED.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This is my current one - she's nine and a half and has just been diagnosed with a heart murmur, but such a low grade one that the vets say no treatment needed for now. She's still racing round the beach in pursuit of ringed plovers, so I don't worry about it too much yet.

20210130_153907.jpg

Mr F is getting very broody for a Springer again though.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I love cat photo day! This was my beauty. Amy came from Cat's Protection and was the soppiest daft thing in the world and I miss her every day.
IMG_2957.png

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh, @Bellllls what a sweet looking girl. I've loved and lost so many pets over the years and it never gets easier. I've always believed the only bad thing about having animals is the short amount of time we have with them. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Believe me, he very frequently swings between dignified and ridiculous!
Yeah that sounds familiar! 'My' cat of the four is a little tuxie, runt of the litter but she's a fighter and basically my little sidekick. Comes to me when I call her, follows me to the shops, and yells at me to come outside with her so I can supervise her rolling round in the dirt like an idiot. She also beat the crap out of Mr Beans when he attacked me while I was trying to free his stupid poofy tail from the cat flap. Chased him behind the sofa and sat there growling at him 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
IMG_20210506_193353.jpg

Kebab Cat is always watching, and silently judging me. She sends a thunderous purr to you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Think I heard "put the heating on, witch" earlier :ROFLMAO:
either way it is definitely "treat me like the royality I deserve, I was treated as such by the egyptians and will not forget it" face :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.