Food and Drink #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh @FeelingPrawny what a total limp dicked way of ending it. I can imagine you feel everything from anger to loss to totally devastated.

For what he said about your disability being the cause I am upset on your behalf and bleeping raging at him. You fall in love with the whole person, especially over time like you have.

Its not the same but my best friend has a disability and I love him more because of how he deals with it and his strive for independence and outlook on life. I spend every moment I can with him because he is ace. In fact if he does show any vulnerability I just love him more. Like I said its not the same but I just wanted to show how people have different attitudes.

After splitting with my ex of 21 years I found Tattle a huge, silly distraction. I enjoyed the kindness and camaraderie and it got me through some dark times and long days like the comfort of an old friend. I appreciate this makes me sound like a loon but there you go! Hang around for a bit and distract yourself 💐 I might even do a boring bloke update later if we run out of cats and dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Justin Trudeau is just peachy...

View attachment 468416
I think this is an unpopular opinion but I really don't find him attractive, the only politician I can think I find (insanely) attractive was that greek finance minister (my spelling is atrocious so i am not even going to attempt his name)

• Wow
Reactions: 11
@FeelingPrawny I’m so so sorry. What an absolute prick making you think you’re unlovable, I hope you know that’s not true at all. This is such a cliche but it’s genuinely true here, he is the one with a problem, not you. You come across as such a fab person. You’ve got us to help you get through this x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think this is an unpopular opinion but I really don't find him attractive, the only politician I can think I find (insanely) attractive was that greek finance minister (my spelling is atrocious so i am not even going to attempt his name)
Yanis Varoufakis?

1614965852786.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Ahem. The president of our parliament...

roger-torrent-655x368.jpg

He also provides hope to nerds everywhere - check out the before and after shots!

15163795099210.jpg

(Before is on the right, if you weren't sure.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
@FeelingPrawny echoing what everyone else has said, it’s not you, it’s him. You’re not unlovable because of your disability, it’s his problem if he can’t cope with it. I know it won’t feel like this now, or for a while, but at least you know not to waste anymore of your life with him. When you’re ready you’ll find someone who loves all of you but in the meantime look after yourself and focus on yourself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Guys, seeing as we are going OT on the OT thread and posting about politicians that we think are hot, I have a question.

Is granola allowed on the Keto diet?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Guys, seeing as we are going OT on the OT thread and posting about politicians that we think are hot, I have a question.

Is granola allowed on the Keto diet?
This made me actually laugh out loud for how TOTALLY off topic it was, I assume it was some kind of reference to your local MP at first... but I would assume no as granola has sugar usually?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This made me actually laugh out loud for how TOTALLY off topic it was, I assume it was some kind of reference to your local MP at first... but I would assume no as granola has sugar usually?
Can you outline in as many posts as possible what diets allow granola?

xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@FeelingPrawny what an absolute tit. I'm afraid he sounds like elements of my first husband, so all I will say is, a better person will be available to you in time, and you'll then have someone who loves you for absolutely everything. In the meantime, have a virtual hug from me.

I have been a bit tardy posting F&D, without wanting to be too specific, I have had a bit of a medical scare over the last few weeks. Fortunately as Bumbear Ltd has done well over the last few years, it has invested in private medical insurance for its one employee (me) so I was able to get it checked really quickly this week and actually all is well and clear.

I also had confirmation from my client that they are loving my work and have offered me a 15 month contract renewal today. What a change from last year when I was out of work for 6 months at exactly this time.

So this week has been v v good for me.

A few bits of cooking from the last 2 weeks (we're still doing date night on a Sat):

- Pancakes for date night #8 - I did gruyere, chorizo & chive and then followed up with crepe suzette for Mr BB (it didn't look amazing so didn't take a photo)
- Then we had one of our favorites - chilli crab linguine mid-week
- Then I made a stonking sourdough which was scoffed in less than 24 hours
- Date night #9 was pork schnitzels with cheese & ham stuffing in the middle, with garlic roast potatoes & watercress salad.

It's my turn tomorrow for date night #10 and I'm doing chicken biryani. Not had a curry for ages so really looking forward to it.

Love to all.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
What am I missing about granola?! Has someone done a chaos? I’ve enjoyed the JM thread so much today

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.