Food and Drink #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new thread for food, drink and most other things 😂 There were no thread title suggestions and I couldn’t think of a snazzy name, so we just have the number.

All welcome 🌸

Some words we use on here and what they mean
Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:
I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal') 😂

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )
'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’ 😂

ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  1. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  2. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thank(space)you @Pocahontas - I am loving the explanations of our language in the spoiler; we really have evolved so much. Just to echo all are welcome here in this safe place - the more the merrier.

On topic, Mr Universal cooked me salmon and roast veg on Saturday, bought my favourite wine and also made Eton Mess as I said I loved it and hadn't had it for ages. We went for a big walk yesterday and I was meant to come home in the afternoon but he didn't want me to leave so we romantically went to the local tip then done some gardening.

Came back home ridiculously early this morning as I am BUSY with it being budget week to get on with some important work but instead drank three cups of tea reading the MT which was an absolute ride!! So, sorry Rishi, mate, if I don't get those figures to you by the deadline. Who needs deadlines anyway?

Sending love into the universe hoping it lands on @Alansbigplate.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Cheers for the new thread Poca! Glad to see we all put our creative heads together for a witty title.

I've got this bad boy to go with my coffee this morning.

Unknown-10.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm an absolute Biscoff fiend. Once found Biscoff flavoured vodka shots on a pub menu (remember pubs? 😭 ) and it was the happiest night out ever.
They sound sublime. I used to love birthday cake flavoured shots at Revolution back in the day, and I imagine Biscoff ones would be just as gloriously sweet.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I lost all sense of time and the natural colour of my tongue on a night of bubblegum shots back in the fun times 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I lost all sense of time and the natural colour of my tongue on a night of bubblegum shots back in the fun times 😂
I had a night out once involving Skittles shots (Cointreau and Red Bull, I think?) and my memory cuts off abruptly at me standing at the bar telling my friend "it tastes like rainbows".

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Is this the right place to mention that one of my cats just sat on the remote which changed the channel to Ready, Steady Cook? I thought "oh no", until I set eyes on this sexy, sexy man chef. He's called akis petretzikis. I know I've missed out the capital letters, but it cut and paste that way and I'm not even going to try and spell it myself. Just to clarify, he is a very talented chef, who I am not objectifying in an way. 🥰

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Is this the right place to mention that one of my cats just sat on the remote which changed the channel to Ready, Steady Cook? I thought "oh no", until I set eyes on this sexy, sexy man chef. He's called akis petretzikis. I know I've missed out the capital letters, but it cut and paste that way and I'm not even going to try and spell it myself. Just to clarify, he is a very talented chef, who I am not objectifying in an way. 🥰
I subscribe to his YouTube channel, I'll check out RSC on the IPlayer, thanks!

Reactions: 12
omg i love him! didn't realise ready steady cook was on atm! havn't seen since last year! I also just love his accent :love:

• Haha
Do we think that lamb mince is ok to eat after it’s use by date? I did our weekly shop on Friday and normally I’m so stringent on checking dates because I’m finding things aren’t lasting very long (mostly veg) lately but (and it’s probably baby brain) I neglected to check the date on some lamb mince and it’s use by was the same day I purchased it. I’ve only discovered this now. It smells fine. Can I freeze it?

don’t even get me started about the fact it wasn’t yellow stickered. Fraud I tell you FRAUD.

Reactions: 10
Do we think that lamb mince is ok to eat after it’s use by date? I did our weekly shop on Friday and normally I’m so stringent on checking dates because I’m finding things aren’t lasting very long (mostly veg) lately but (and it’s probably baby brain) I neglected to check the date on some lamb mince and it’s use by was the same day I purchased it. I’ve only discovered this now. It smells fine. Can I freeze it?

don’t even get me started about the fact it wasn’t yellow stickered. Fraud I tell you FRAUD.
I’m not sure about lamb myself as I don’t tend to cook it myself, but I wanted to sympathise with the date issue. I am clicking and collecting my food at the moment and the supermarket gave me so many veggies and chicken on same date, not yellow stickered. I didn’t notice the date on the chicken until yesterday which is like 2 days out now, so I’ve had to bin it. I made the mistake of just putting everything in the fridge without checking.

• Sad

I’d bin it personally but then I’m pretty strict about following dates. Especially with meat. I think use by Friday is a bit too much of a gamble even if you freeze it now.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.