Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow thank you! They really do leg it down the hill! And you really do call them ladies! 😍
I feel cold just watching that
I had on, from inside to out:

T-shirt
Long-sleeved t-shirt
Thick wool jumper
Fleece
Puffa jacket-style jacket liner
Waterproof jacket

and I was just about warm enough. I have, however, found a couple of holes in my waterproof trousers (they always go through at the top of my wellies where they rub and I now have soggy knees) so time for a new pair.

Off out again now to feed the horses. Never stops!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I had on, from inside to out:

T-shirt
Long-sleeved t-shirt
Thick wool jumper
Fleece
Puffa jacket-style jacket liner
Waterproof jacket

and I was just about warm enough. I have, however, found a couple of holes in my waterproof trousers (they always go through at the top of my wellies where they rub and I now have soggy knees) so time for a new pair.

Off out again now to feed the horses. Never stops!
You need your own channel - thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: 15
Don't worry about it, they still needed checking :) They got the last of the stock mix I was feeding them when the tup was here (which smells gorgeous and if it was in a bowl with some cold milk splashed over it, I'd dig in myself!) which I topped up with a couple of scoops of ewe rolls - about 6kg of feed altogether.

If I've done this correctly, this should be a video of them coming out of the rocks...

Oh my it's like the end of Homeward Bound 😭 I love them!! Thank you for sharing! X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
LAY-DEES....

This has completely cheered me up - I've been feeling black doggish today so THANKYOU @Falkor xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Came bounding over here as I heard on the MT there were sheep to be seen, and I was not disappointed! 🥰 Beautiful ladies!

It's been snowing here a lot today but not laying, it rained just before the snow so it's just dissolving 😑. Shame as it would have been nice to get the kids out in it. My youngest 2 have been outside in the hot tub though, while it was about -1° out there 😂.

• Wow
  • Heart
Beautiful scenery and top sheep in action @Falkor I love the ladies!

Movie night sounds great @Sideboard Bob however you have now made me want popcorn and it's too late to go to the shops. I tried caramel flavour popped lotus seeds recently, they're banging.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Don't worry about it, they still needed checking :) They got the last of the stock mix I was feeding them when the tup was here (which smells gorgeous and if it was in a bowl with some cold milk splashed over it, I'd dig in myself!) which I topped up with a couple of scoops of ewe rolls - about 6kg of feed altogether.

If I've done this correctly, this should be a video of them coming out of the rocks...

They are not hanging about

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They are not hanging about
Which is less good when they're buggering off in the opposite direction to the one you want them to go in! Thankfully after a couple of years of being bucket trained they're quite cooperative these days. I do have a sheepdog, but it's much calmer and nicer for them to be moved with a bucket, so mostly that's what we do. They'll get much stroppier once they've got lambs on the ground and that's when I may need some help from Jack, but for now he's on furlough and enjoying it.

jack sofa.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Er he looks well and truly content with being furloughed!
Do you carry a 6kg bucket of feed up a hill in the snow?

Reactions: 8
Er he looks well and truly content with being furloughed!
Do you carry a 6kg bucket of feed up a hill in the snow?
We're very lucky with him, he knows how to switch off and relax, which not all working-bred dogs do. I think it's the most important thing they can learn, particularly spaniels.

When I'm taking more than a couple of scoops of feed I put it into an old feed sack and then put that into a rucksack, it's just easier on a long walk, and means I can stick my antiseptic spray and foot trimmers in the side pocket, just in case anyone's limping or has a cut.

• Heart
  • Wow
If you like garlic, then this comes highly recommended by me.

Really tasty on cheese (toastie or otherwise) and mixed into yogurt for a garnish or dip. I had some mixed into plain yogurt with the Vivera vegan shawarma plant kebab.

Available at Ocado now, on offer at 3 for £10 for the Cherry Tree products.
02AB362F-4FB0-475B-9FB6-8AE6C8CCFFA2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Living for these updates, thank you for a little break from the soul-sucking emails I stare at on a daily basis :LOL: Must be annoying to work in but have to say the scenery and the sound of wind lifted my spirits. Love the sheepies!

• Heart
@Falkor omg I love them! Thank you for the video 😍

@Mustard The Cherry Tree products are lovely. Their passion fruit curd and mango/ginger chutney are a particular favourite in this house!

I had my first Covid vaccine today! Really quick easy and painless.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Falkor omg I love them! Thank you for the video 😍

@Mustard The Cherry Tree products are lovely. Their passion fruit curd and mango/ginger chutney are a particular favourite in this house!

I had my first Covid vaccine today! Really quick easy and painless.
Not tried the mango/ginger chutney but I have had the passion fruit curd! The cheeseboard chutney and the Kashmiri chutney are also good.

Good news, April and her two pals have been located - they're in with one of the flocks I thought they might be with. He's taking hay up for his, so they're getting a bit of extra grub, and he's trying to arrange his pregnancy scanning for the same day as I'm getting mine done, in about three weeks' time, so we'll be able to sort them all out then :)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hello you lovely people. I couldn’t think of a better bunch of people to ask - my father in law has recently been diagnosed with testicular cancer and I’d love to send him some bits for when he has bad days. He’s a very intelligent, old boy type doesn’t talk about feelings and doesn’t want to be seen as feeble etc so perhaps a book with intellectual funny poems would be good? I’m just not that way inclined so struggling to think of what to search for.
I’m open to all suggestions!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Hello you lovely people. I couldn’t think of a better bunch of people to ask - my father in law has recently been diagnosed with testicular cancer and I’d love to send him some bits for when he has bad days. He’s a very intelligent, old boy type doesn’t talk about feelings and doesn’t want to be seen as feeble etc so perhaps a book with intellectual funny poems would be good? I’m just not that way inclined so struggling to think of what to search for.
Sorry to hear about your father in law. I know Tim Key has a book of poems that are very funny? I heard a podcast where he was reading some of them out. But some are quite risqué!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe an audio book might be good? no idea of specific suggestions for poems though sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
oh no im so sorry to hear this! Not sure about poems but David Sedaris writes short stories about his life that are very witty and think he's also quite popular with older intellectual types! I'd def recommend Me Talk Pretty One Day which is about him and his partner moving to france.

eta i've just looked at goodreads and shocked to see loads of people hate it 😂 i read it years ago but i'm sure it's hilarious!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.