Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i went to a physio for the first time today about my pain from running and they did acupuncture on my leg..has anyone here had acupuncture before? i absolutely hated it, i thought it was going to be relaxing but it made me feel like i was going to be sick!

ETA sorry that was just a bit of a pitiful moan, curious to see if anyone else has had a bad experience from it!
It’s not helpful in the slightest as I’ve never had acupuncture but I have had friends who have said the same thing. Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: 12
i went to a physio for the first time today about my pain from running and they did acupuncture on my leg..has anyone here had acupuncture before? i absolutely hated it, i thought it was going to be relaxing but it made me feel like i was going to be sick!

ETA sorry that was just a bit of a pitiful moan, curious to see if anyone else has had a bad experience from it!
I’ve had a course of acupuncture for migraines and the first time I had it it made me feel really sick. The acupuncturist said it was to do with all the stuck energy rushing out or something along those lines. Sounds a bit woo woo. I carried on though and it didn’t happen again and I haven’t had a migraine since

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Great to see you back @Alansbigplate - it feels so unfair that a person who brings others so much joy suffers like you do 💐

Acupuncture just made me feel weird, I totally was overthinking it and it freaked me out. I dont think anything can replace a good hard muscle rub for runners pain; you know when its so painful its good????

• Heart
We love you @Alansbigplate, Alan we love you.

@blurstoftimes have you ever seen Bellevue Rendezvous? You should get someone to massage the backs of your calves with an egg whisk 😂 (sorry the acupuncture made you feel sick) Would the pain be helped with a sports massage?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Planning to get acupuncture for migraines once the pandemic lets me be but now I'm worried :censored:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@Alansbigplate so lovely to see Alan's chocolate covered face ❤❤❤❤

how funny that so many of you have had the same experience with acupuncture - it was so not what I thought it would be!

Planning to get acupuncture for migraines once the pandemic lets me be but now I'm worried :censored:
oh no i'm so sorry i didn't want to worry anyone! I mean all in all it wasn't the most terrible thing i just thought it would actually feel really good! Also my physio didn't give me any warning she'd be doing it before the session so i didnt have any time to prepare, and i kept tensing my leg...and she was sticking the needles into places where my muscles were already inflamed! I think if you are prepared before you go in it'll probably make a big difference, might also be different with an acupuncturist than a physio?

if she says i need to do it again I will definitely do it! I just thought it'd feel like a massage and i was very wrong 😂

Reactions: 13
@Alansbigplate just wanted to say hi and we miss you. 🥰

Anyone been keeping up with the Tom Hiddleston gossip in the secret celeb thread?

It cracks me up because people keep confusing him with Tom Hollander :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Nice to see you about Alan ❤

Thank you my loves, I’ll try to catch up a little sometime on the MT I was just flirting with the tea on Vonny’s thread instead as it’s so much easier to keep up with ♥
Don’t worry Jack has a book out in a few days so she’ll definitely be off twitter and focusing on that so no chaos will be happening...
(if you say that quick enough you can almost believe it 😂)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm thinking of doing a little solo challenge of eating on a very low budget in February. We're confined to our municipalities until the 7th (but realistically it'll be extended again...), restaurants and bars are closed in the evenings, and Feb is a short month, so it seems like a good moment. Plus I'm freelance so this could be helpful.

I live alone, so I've only got myself to feed, and I do intermittent fasting which may make it easier! We don't have yellow sticker culture here so I promise I won't be buying any manky chicken livers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am and it's WILD!
Me too! I love hearing all about one particular Tattler’s conquests. She’s bloody brilliant with all her stories of what she gets up to! The Vonny thread is also excellent these days. I still don’t really know who this Vonny person is if I’m honest, but her Tattle thread is highly entertaining.

• Heart
I am LIVING for the Secret Celeb thread right now, it's amazing. I don't actually care if it's true or not!

Nice to see you back, @Alansbigplate :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
lovely to see you @Alansbigplate again ❤

and the sheepies ❤

our downstairs neighbour is seemingly channeling Frugal Jack. it's my partner's birthday tomorrow and we got home to find a bottle bag and card outside the door. now, yes, we all reuse gift bags. but she's taken it a step further and tippexed out her and her gift-givers names on the tag and written over it! I just think it's oddly hilarious and adorable! 😭 it's the good tippex too, the mouse one!

20210126_195425.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Loved the sheep running for their grub @Falkor . I think I'll stay here a bit and keep away from the mt for a bit . Does anyone know why I can't put spoilers in post ?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@blurstoftimes I've not had acupuncture but I regularly do foam rolling and sometimes it makes me feel sick, same with massages in general. I read somewhere it was due to the pressure on the tissue causing toxins to be released and enter the bloodstream which sounds like some pseudo-science nonsense.

I am also a non-poetry-getter. The only way I could pass my English GCSE is by committing all the poetry analysis to memory by rote learning as I understood absolutely none of it. Never understood analysis of fiction either. In the end my teacher took great pity on me and essentially wrote all my coursework, all I had to do was write it out in my own handwriting and find appropriate quotes. This was about 14 years ago so if there's a statute of limitations in coursework cheating, it's well past that by now!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m a big fan of acupuncture. It’s helped me in many ways. Some practitioners are better than others.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

So much sheep love @Falkor . They are truly amazing. I don’t think we could ever get enough sheep.

@Alansbigplate happy you are here, was worried on the MT.

Yes to the acupuncture😖. On my Achilles. It was agony but I had it with shockwave therapy and together they healed the injury from hell ( entirely self-inflicted I may add). Needless to say, I had to be dragged there each session as it was awful.

I hate running. I hate my Achilles. Why do we do it? I love sheep.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.