Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
l=I love you all, and especially the cat photos... so my little missing kitten never turned up :confused: ( I am still looking)I just wanted to say (I am posting here and everywhere I can think of...)Iif anyone in South London has a kitten/s to give away.... let mw know, I reallly want company for my other cat.
Thank you all for everything again cabal, you have all kept me sane in this time!
I'm so sorry that you never found your little kitten .I had my fingers crossed for you . Hopefully she will turn up for you. We've only had dog's but a relation has got all their cat's from sspca and they have all been total sweethearts .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bio-oil, a question for you wise people. I have a post biopsy scar, and want to use bio to il after it has healed. Would Home Bargains B oil be as effective as the branded make oil.
Hope someone can advise me.

Reactions: 1
I was addicted to those soya burgers they used to do at Nando’s, next thing you know they’ve been replaced by some butternut and kale burger FFS. Also I do not want a giant mushroom on a nap either. I’m sorry, but it’s a sore point. I loved that creamy mash.

just here to guilt-trip @Falkor into a pic of 🐑 I’m starting to wonder about how long one can misplace their sheep for? To lose one sheep is unfortunate, etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just had a Waitrose own brand soya burger for the first time. It was cooked in the oven and I had it with garlic pickle mixed with yogurt, tomatoes and on a piece of bread as fresh out of buns. Very juicy.

Bio-oil, a question for you wise people. I have a post biopsy scar, and want to use bio to il after it has healed. Would Home Bargains B oil be as effective as the branded make oil.
Its the action of the massage that reduces scarring rather than the oil so I'd use the H&B one.

Reactions: 8
a Few years back I used a Palmers cocoa butter oil on my scars rather than the more pricey bio oil and it worked a treat. So I’d try the HB one as it will likely be just as effective 👍🏻

just here to guilt-trip @Falkor into a pic of 🐑 I’m starting to wonder about how long one can misplace their sheep for? To lose one sheep is unfortunate, etc etc
We've got snow here at the moment, so I'm a bit wary about going out onto the hill as it's not so easy to find your way back to the track when all your usual landmarks are just soft white mounds. I did see what looked like my main bunch two hills away from the village yesterday and my neighbour is keeping an eye on the Terrible Trio - every time I go down there they've buggered off, but she says they're fine. It's melted a bit this morning, so if I have time this afternoon and it's calm I'll go up with another bag of feed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Morning lads

All this Nandos chat...I have never been there :oops:. I feel like I could do a double chicken burger with cheese and mash, if I was in the vicinity, but am in a location where we only have one takeaway that can deliver (an amazing pandemic development), and definitely not on Deliveroo!

It was lockdown date night #4 last night and my turn to cook - I made Mr Bumbear this. It was delish and super quick - definitely going on the regular meal roster.

I have realised that all the meals I've posted in Jan are of the one-pot-slop Monroe-esque variety...I promise they have been more tasty!

No idea what Mr BB is doing next week, he's still pondering on it.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
l=I love you all, and especially the cat photos... so my little missing kitten never turned up :confused: ( I am still looking)I just wanted to say (I am posting here and everywhere I can think of...)Iif anyone in South London has a kitten/s to give away.... let mw know, I reallly want company for my other cat.
Thank you all for everything again cabal, you have all kept me sane in this time!
Celia Hammond Animal Trust in Lewisham do adoption events xx

Reactions: 7
Happy Sunday all! Hope everyone’s doing as ok as can be? I had a little movie night last night, with popcorn and everything (this one pictured below, £1 Tesco Clubcard price)!
Recently I’ve not been able to focus on anything nice, (this isn‘t in a feeling-sorry-for-myself-way, it’s just to explain the context), like watching a film, reading, drawing etc. So it was a big deal to actually sit and watch a film, (Back To The Future 2) and enjoy it!
36F1B32C-9112-4084-AA8B-6ADB8DAA8D6C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
ahh it's horrible when you can't focus on anything and all you want is a bit of escapism, glad you're feeling a bit better @Sideboard Bob ❤❤

we watched the most incredible documentary/fiction hybrid film a few nights ago and i can't stop thinking about it! Set in las vegas bar on its (fictional) closing night with real people but loosely set up scenarios and a few actors. Really poignant but also very funny and heartwarming and just generally brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 13
ahh it's horrible when you can't focus on anything and all you want is a bit of escapism, glad you're feeling a bit better @Sideboard Bob ❤❤

we watched the most incredible documentary/fiction hybrid film a few nights ago and i can't stop thinking about it! Set in las vegas bar on its (fictional) closing night with real people but loosely set up scenarios and a few actors. Really poignant but also very funny and heartwarming and just generally brilliant

Thank you ❤ That’s it, everyone needs escapism in one form or another, and I guess we all appreciate that even more at the moment.

This film looks so good! It reminds me of the early days of reality tv, when it really was just about people, as they are, if that makes sense?
From what I see in the trailer, it looks like it shows that these kind of bars are universal, like, I’ve never been to Vegas, but I’ve been to, and loved so many pubs like that one! I can already think of a few people I know who would enjoy this film too, the recommendations here are are always top-notch!

• Heart
We did the same last night @Sideboard Bob but watched Mischief Comedy’s improv movie. Nice bit of escapism and laughter, we’ve booked the rest to watch! Glad to hear you could enjoy the film/popcorn ☺

• Heart
We woke up to snow so went for a long walk in fields by us and watched people skiing and snowboarding. Made a snowman back at home and I’ve rustled up a batch of savoury muffins to have with some soup later. Hot choc and a movie afternoon now I think and no news as it’s all getting a bit overwhelming again. Happy Sunday fraus xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There’s no snow here today, it’s just a bit icy. Mr A and I also watched a film last night of his choice- Air Force One, which was totally ridiculous but enjoyable. I’m not normally one for thrillers, I prefer comedies and ‘chick tit’ as Mr A would call it, but we definitely need some escapism these days.

I’m not vegan or vegetarian, but I’ve got a couple of the Aldi vegan sausage rolls in the oven for lunch, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they’re like. I used to make Sosmix rolls back in the day when I was vegetarian, so I’m hoping these are similarly delicious.

It's really not nice out here.

Pretty, but not nice.
20210124_141153.jpg

The track is mostly sheet ice and it's occasionally snowing.

20210124_144919_001.jpg

But one bonus of the snow is it's easy to see fresh droppings, so when I found some, I started calling and then there was an answering BAAAAAAA from some rocks.

I have some video of them all running in to call, but it's too big - will try and compress when I get home (still walking back!!) They were happy to see me anyway.

20210124_142207.jpg

20210124_142210.jpg

April + 2 still off elsewhere, I suspect I know whose flock they're with, so I'll ask him where they're settled and go and see another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@Falkor thank you so much! I feel so bad, I forgot about the weather up your way, sorry. Did you give them ewe rolls?
Don't worry about it, they still needed checking :) They got the last of the stock mix I was feeding them when the tup was here (which smells gorgeous and if it was in a bowl with some cold milk splashed over it, I'd dig in myself!) which I topped up with a couple of scoops of ewe rolls - about 6kg of feed altogether.

If I've done this correctly, this should be a video of them coming out of the rocks...

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Wow thank you! They really do leg it down the hill! And you really do call them ladies! 😍
I feel cold just watching that

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.