Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 397030

View attachment 397031

Lovely sunny chilly walk this morning. Nowhere near as good a view as others photos and I decided to walk towards Westcliff instead of Thorpe Bay to avoid running in to JM but it was nice!
Did JM 🔺you and try to send you a 🎂?

Happy belated birthday @Scotty1976 !! X
Thank you .Strange to think most of us had a lockdown birthday but it's no big deal in the greater scheme of things. Hope everyone managing ok

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
l=I love you all, and especially the cat photos... so my little missing kitten never turned up :confused: ( I am still looking)I just wanted to say (I am posting here and everywhere I can think of...)Iif anyone in South London has a kitten/s to give away.... let mw know, I reallly want company for my other cat.
Thank you all for everything again cabal, you have all kept me sane in this time!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Did JM 🔺you and try to send you a 🎂?
That would certainly have made my birthday a bit more interesting! I’d be intrigued to see what kind of slop cake I’d receive 😂
Edit - just remembered we saw a rat scurry across the path in front of us at one point so maybe she was there after all..

• Haha
Reactions: 10
l=I love you all, and especially the cat photos... so my little missing kitten never turned up :confused: ( I am still looking)I just wanted to say (I am posting here and everywhere I can think of...)Iif anyone in South London has a kitten/s to give away.... let mw know, I reallly want company for my other cat.
Thank you all for everything again cabal, you have all kept me sane in this time!
Sorry to hear that 🥺 after all the to do, I didn’t like to ask

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Happy belated birthday to you @Scotty1976!

@emm it's very difficult to get the proper balance of nutrients for a cat. You can get good quality cat food, it's just expensive. My cat needs hypoallergenic food which has to keep meat percentage high (and a single source of protein like just chicken or just tuna) and other ingredients to a minimum but it is almost twice (sometimes more) the price of something like Felix. Pets At Home have Wainwright's which is probably the cheapest if you wanted to go that route.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
erm... harsh to say I hate you? haha (but really, super jealous!)hope you enjoyed! only thing that could improve these photos would be cats (or, even better, kittens)

this is kind of OT, but I was thinking of making my cat food instead of the rubbish food she eats now. I was advised by the vet not to.... but does anyone have any advice? (she has no specific health issues etc )
Just a thought, I have always been told that cats need taurine in their diet which they would get from eating feathers and fur if they were wild. Dog food doesn't contain taurine but good cat food always does so I guess that's why your vet didn't recommend you making your own. I expect you could source taurine but it may be hard to know the exact dose.

Reactions: 8
Belated Happy Birthday @Toffee finger and @Scotty1976. Love the photos @Toffee finger, a walk by the coast does me the world of good and that's where I am heading today despite the cold.

Confession - I have never been to Nandos but the list of your favourite's have made me look at delivery options....

@emm so sorry you have not found the kitten, I can only imagine how tough it is for you 💐

I cant believe its only week 3 into the new year, I hope that the next few weeks move faster. So many people I know have now had the vaccine that I am starting to feel hopeful; but my word when I am in a dark place I cant seem to shake myself out of it (doesn't happen often thankfully).

I am home now after spending a few days in new blokes house. After spending years with my bin-bleep ex I have forgotten how to let people (men) be nice to me, cook for me and give me compliments, its like I want to say something sarcastic and its on the tip of my tongue to do so (but I dont). I know that doesn't really make sense. He is lovely and so generous all of the time and I am not used to it at all.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. I am making a chicken pie for my children and a veg one for me and pottering around the house. I have bought a speaker so I can listen to podcasts around the house and welcome fraus suggestions xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
What a view!! I miss being able to look at the sea and the horizon, there are buildings everywhere I turn here. The photos feel like a breath of fresh air, thank you for sharing <3

@emm one of the stray beauties I run into during the walks, for you 😁
View attachment 397338
Cute!

We have controlled cat colonies in my city (at least 3 that I know of, in parks or by the sea) where feral cats are looked after by volunteers. They get food and water and occasional medical treatment, including sterilisation.

I lived for a short time in Malta several years ago, and the streets there are full of cats in really bad condition, so it's nice to see such a positive initiative. It's a really great project, and I often see older people going down with tins of cat food then sitting on a bench to watch the cats eat.

Reactions: 14
There is a really harrowing article written by food writer Tim Hayward in the FT. He spent a month in hospital inc ICU with Covid. I found it on Twitter and read it for free.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Cute!

We have controlled cat colonies in my city (at least 3 that I know of, in parks or by the sea) where feral cats are looked after by volunteers. They get food and water and occasional medical treatment, including sterilisation.

I lived for a short time in Malta several years ago, and the streets there are full of cats in really bad condition, so it's nice to see such a positive initiative. It's a really great project, and I often see older people going down with tins of cat food then sitting on a bench to watch the cats eat.
That's so nice! Here stray cats are very regular but they are well taken care of by citizens, it's just the norm. Usually every building and street corner will have either food bowls or kibble piles as well as water bowls for them. (We also have stray dogs but every neighborhood will have a familiar few and they just chill in building's front yards or the streets, and generally accepted well by the community.)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just a thought, I have always been told that cats need taurine in their diet which they would get from eating feathers and fur if they were wild. Dog food doesn't contain taurine but good cat food always does so I guess that's why your vet didn't recommend you making your own. I expect you could source taurine but it may be hard to know the exact dose.
oh interesting! my cat actually always eats feathers which I thought was bizarre!

There is a really harrowing article written by food writer Tim Hayward in the FT. He spent a month in hospital inc ICU with Covid. I found it on Twitter and read it for free.
The FT have made all their covid articles free I think. will read it now despite the fact that I am trying to avoid COVID content for my sanity ..

Reactions: 5
I read that FT article, frightening read.

Just had a nandos delivery for lunch - thighs (lemon and herb), spicy rice and coleslaw. Yum.

I read that FT article, frightening read.

Just had a nandos delivery for lunch - thighs (lemon and herb), spicy rice and coleslaw. Yum.
This settles it, I was debating getting nandos as I cba to cook/wash up.. ordering now!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.