Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg how have i only just discovered this thread?! not sure if anyone has mentioned but there's a great youtuber called Todd in the shadows who does breakdowns of one hit wonders - he reminded me of your woman by white town last week which, on listening again, is actually a VERY good song

anyone remember girl thing ? i have just discovered i still know the lyrics word for word

in hindsight this video was an unbelievable rip off of wannabe...can't believe i didn't see it at the time 😅

Thank you for this, I’ve watched so much of his channel in the last few days! I do enjoy his hate for Adam Levine. The most recent one I watched was ‘you get what you give’ by the new radicals, brilliant song.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
omg how have i only just discovered this thread?! not sure if anyone has mentioned but there's a great youtuber called Todd in the shadows who does breakdowns of one hit wonders - he reminded me of your woman by white town last week which, on listening again, is actually a VERY good song

Thank you so much for recommending Todd in The Shadows, I'm having a blast with the videos! Snort -laughed when he said " “michael jackson had a better decade than alien ant farm. and he DIED.” in this video on Smooth Criminal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else remember being disappointed with series 2 of Pop Idol? For me, maybe a combination of the novelty wearing off, and just not being excited about the contestants.

Should we do a new thread and broaden the topic a little? Like 90s/00s pop? Or is there a thread on that already?

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else remember being disappointed with series 2 of Pop Idol? For me, maybe a combination of the novelty wearing off, and just not being excited about the contestants.
yes! I remember thinking it was really poor in comparison to series 1- and Michelle was the front runner all the way through right? I was pretty glad it was axed meaning that they brought in XF so there was a much more interesting combo of solo/groups rather than just a karaoke competition.

Reactions: 1
yes! I remember thinking it was really poor in comparison to series 1- and Michelle was the front runner all the way through right? I was pretty glad it was axed meaning that they brought in XF so there was a much more interesting combo of solo/groups rather than just a karaoke competition.
Yes, I remember really enjoying XF series 1 the following year. It looks a bit shaky watching from 18 years on, but it definitely shook things up from the Pop Idol format with more variety of acts and more entertaining judges.

Browsing on Youtube and just remembered the Pop Idol 2 charity single 'War is Over'. It's ruddy awful! Not much star quality in that lot.

My favourite was pop stars the rivals. I remember being gutted when Nicola didn’t get through but then someone dropped out/was too old or something and she got a “surprise” visit at home to tell her she was through. Also think that was the series with the 16 year old who “shockingly” turned out to actually be 13 or something. I miss the days of believing every bit of reality TV 😂🤣

My favourite was pop stars the rivals. I remember being gutted when Nicola didn’t get through but then someone dropped out/was too old or something and she got a “surprise” visit at home to tell her she was through. Also think that was the series with the 16 year old who “shockingly” turned out to actually be 13 or something. I miss the days of believing every bit of reality TV 😂🤣
The 13 year old ended up on big brother and she was voted out first!!!!

• Haha
Oh no, you've just reminded me that I bought their first album AND LOVED IT! (never listened to anything after that though!

Flip Reverse was a tune.
was it blazing squad that had about 20 different members? isn't (at least one of them) an actor now? or am I thinking of someone else?

was it blazing squad that had about 20 different members? isn't (at least one of them) an actor now? or am I thinking of someone else?
That’s them with loads of members.
Not sure if any of them act but Marcel was on Love Island and Kenzie’s appeared on loads of tv shows

That’s them with loads of members.
Not sure if any of them act but Marcel was on Love Island and Kenzie’s appeared on loads of tv shows
actually I think in terms of actors I am thinking of So Solid Crew ( also lots of members I think?)
I didn't even like Blazing Squad and even so I think I know all of the lyrics to crossroads :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and that handwave type thing they did"crossroads, crossroads, crossroads..":ROFLMAO:

• Haha
actually I think in terms of actors I am thinking of So Solid Crew ( also lots of members I think?)
I didn't even like Blazing Squad and even so I think I know all of the lyrics to crossroads :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and that handwave type thing they did"crossroads, crossroads, crossroads..":ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah, So Solid Crew had loads of members too. I think you’re thinking of Ashley Walters. He’s an actor now