Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I mean I will never be able to live like Fleur or buy a lot of the stuff she buys but she is consistent. She was actually the first YouTuber I watched back when she had that kiss opening on her videos. Tbh I knew then she had a life I would never have. So it doesn’t bother me now.

Her Christmas videos (while somewhat ridiculous in terms of price) always get me in the mood for Christmas!

Reactions: 6
Double post 🙃

But I like that she addressed the fact her gift Gide was very pricey on her insta stories.

Reactions: 4
I've followed Fleur for years, probably the only old school youtuber i've stuck with. I really do appreciate how she's never tried to hide her privilege and she has always been very consistent. Respect her for her stories where she actually acknowledges the validity of the criticism about her gift guides and understands where people are coming from - so many other youtubers would just delete the comments or jump on the defence.

Reactions: 8
Fair play to Fleur for addressing the criticism of her gift guide and for changing the title to “luxury”. I’ve followed her from the start and she’s the only one I have followed that long. So to see her get something a bit wrong but accept it and show humility in doing so makes me like her even more. Well done Fleur.

Reactions: 7
I agree. She seemed to acknowledge that she’d missed the mark and actually took on board that she’d gone for giveaway over guide and maybe that wasn’t what the viewers wanted. I was impressed with her response tbf

Reactions: 5
Is it true they live in a ”wing” of his parents house 😂
No they have their own house/estate. it has fields and a barn and animals and a tennis court etc, but it think it was originally bought by his family and then gifted/maybe sold to them.

Edit: I believe they said his parents live a few hours north of them.

Reactions: 4
No they have their own house/estate. it has fields and a barn and animals and a tennis court etc, but it think it was originally bought by his family and then gifted/maybe sold to them.

Edit: I believe they said his parents live a few hours north of them.
Ahhh,I thought they all lived on the same estate but the parents moved into the barn or something.

By barn I mean converted 5 bedroom granny flat complete with patio, orangery and south facing balcony 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
But I like that she addressed the fact her gift Gide was very pricey on her insta stories.
ABSOLUTELY! compared to just about every other YouTube who deletes comments, doesn't address their wrong doings, doesn't admit their wrong doings, and just waits for the time to pass so they can act like its totally normal and life is just gravy.
I give fleur much credit for addressing!

Reactions: 9
Okay, I love fleur, but her gift guides get more ridiculous every year. In the latest one she’s recommending PJs that cost £225 😳. I get her ‘brand’ is luxury, but she’s alienating a lot of her core followers. I’ll wait for the ‘stocking fillers for £20’ to get ideas for my main presents this year
My mum has like 5 pairs from Liberty but they're actually nice unlike the ones she showed:/

ABSOLUTELY! compared to just about every other YouTube who deletes comments, doesn't address their wrong doings, doesn't admit their wrong doings, and just waits for the time to pass so they can act like its totally normal and life is just gravy.
I give fleur much credit for addressing!
I think one of the biggest differences is that the youtube bubble could burst tomorrow and Fleur would be absolutely fine - youtube has always been more of a hobby for her, and she could very easily live exactly the same lifestyle without it, whereas most others on youtube rely on it as their main source of income. She does it because she enjoys it and so things very rarely feel forced or disingenuous.

Reactions: 18
I think one of the biggest differences is that the youtube bubble could burst tomorrow and Fleur would be absolutely fine - youtube has always been more of a hobby for her, and she could very easily live exactly the same lifestyle without it, whereas most others on youtube rely on it as their main source of income. She does it because she enjoys it and so things very rarely feel forced or disingenuous.
This is Huge!! while I understand youtube and influencing is a job.
You can tell which do it because they genuinely enjoy it, and do it because they genuinely love what they are talking about

I find many youtubers (especially those who get backlash and are notably phony) no longer do it because they enjoy it and because they are greedy, fame hungry, and all about themselves.

Fleur is not this way in my eyes at least because she doesn't have that pressure and idk if id say its a hobby bc she puts a lot of time into it and going to events when she doesn't need to, but either way she genuinely likes what she does, and that does 100% show in her content and videos.
I think thats a part of why her audience has stuck with her for so many years because she has kept that same level of herself and trust and integrity in her content over the years and continues today

Reactions: 8
I feel like Fleur started her blog/channel as a passion project.
Not because the adsense looked attractive.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't wait to see the kitchen when it's finished. It's nice to see someone who doesn't actually have a #spon kitchen and because they've got the means, it'll be properly designed with everything they want, rather than trying to fit the Reno into a sponsored budget.

She seems to be embracing motherhood a bit more, compared to a year ago. Or at least that's the impression I got from the newest vlog.

Reactions: 16
It’s funny to think as Zoe Sugg and Fleur’s vlogmas’s have been ones I’ve watched for YEARS!

That Fleur has grown with her channel and I’m enjoying her Christmas content, but Zoe is the same girl with the same jokes and the same content, all these years on...

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.