Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hnoz

VIP Member
I agree with all you say, but I don't necessarily think it's "working mum bashing" or "mum shaming" as anyone likes to say at criticism.

I haven't followed Fleur in ages and don't know how much she was away, so can't and won't comment on that, but esp for the very little ones it's incredibly important that their mummy is home (more so than daddy!) and being gone very often and/or long isn't very good (particularly overnight stays).

It's also fine to say that and say that about someone when it's perceived that way.
That just isn't true and it is shaming. It isn't more important for fleur to stay home vs mike, it isn't any more her job to parent than mike's.
This sort of shit is what limits women because people perpetuate this idea that *mothering* is more important than parenting and kids are women's work.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Have there been any new thread name suggestions? If not here’s mine. Couldn’t come up with anything better 🤷🏼‍♀️

Fleur De Force #2 Love to hate, hate to love
To be honest, I think Fleur’s second thread should just be called ‘Fleur De Force #2’. I think the witty titles should be reserved for those who rightly deserve some shade thrown their way and Fleur doesn’t deserve that right now!

I agree with everyone else, the q&a was brutally honest and I really appreciate Fleur for it.

Reactions: 53

Gossiper35

VIP Member
I love how she didn't do a big dramatic sit down video about this to get views. She just mentioned it in a vlog with Mike and River in the kitchen.

Reactions: 47

gurunoway

Someone in the comments of that video basically said that because Fleur already has a child she shouldn't focus everything on having another one. Fleur has replied to her. What an unsympathetic and rude person. Just because you already have a child doesn't mean that it hurts any less to lose one. Or two in her case. I know that from experience.
Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 22.05.52.png

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 22.05.44.png

The commenter is a cow and Fleur was a lot nicer in her reply than I'd be.

• Wow
Reactions: 44

ECH

VIP Member
I honestly think we're at peak Fleur. She seems to have grown a lot as a person in the last year or so and got over a lot of her annoying quirks.

Reactions: 42

Laineypops

Fleur did this in her usual classy and unfussy way - telling us about her two miscarriages without snot and tears everywhere. Like most of us she keeps that to herself and those closest to her.
As someone who also had two miscarriages I totally understand her feeling with the second one. Thankfully I got my rainbow baby in the end and Fleur will too.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Moonstone

I’m obviously very sad for her and I wish her well but can I just say how refreshing it was for someone like her (YouTuber, influencer whatever she is) to share the news in such a calm, casual, normal way instead of a ‘sit down video’ with huge lights in her face and crocodile tears along with a misleading title, you get the point..... This is probably why I’ve always still liked Fleur, sure she’s had to figure out a way to make money on her social media (who wouldn’t? Insert sponsorships and gifted trips) but she seems to still have her dignity left and she obviously knows who she is behind this ‘perfect life’ on Instagram and I can’t say that about a lot of Youtubers so good for her! I applaud her.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

rubicon

Oh man, so sad to hear she lost two babies. Tearing up watching her vlog right now! That's rough - miscarriage and her granny is in hospital with covid! I think it's refreshingly honest and vulnerable of her, but actually sharing the rougher patches of life makes people more likable. If that makes sense.. Especially for someone like Fleur who on the surface 'has it all' and can appear like her life is perfect.

• Sad
Reactions: 39

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She said she also lost a baby last October. Props to Fleur for handling this in such a dignified way. It must be so awful to have people constantly messaging and speculating “are you / is she” anyway, especially while going through a miscarriage. She strikes me as a very strong woman. Honestly wishing her nothing but the best and hoping, even though she does put her life online, that she gets the privacy she asks for.

Reactions: 38

CatHun

VIP Member
Goes to show though doesn’t it? We are always portrayed as trolls and awful people but fleur doesn’t really get much hate at all on here. She lives a lifestyle that is completely different to 90% of us on here and she doesn’t get hate for it. I think there’s quite a few influencers who could do with taking a leaf out of fleurs book.

• Heart

buffalobarbie

Has anyone seen her latest Instagram post? I have a lot of respect for Fleur being open about her multiple miscarriages on social media, so many women go through the same and it rarely gets spoken about. I’ve watched Fleur since she started making YouTube videos so I have a bit of a soft spot for her but I think the way she has dealt with it (being open and honest, without over sharing) is commendable. It must be difficult for her at the moment as it seems like there has been a flurry of influencer pregnancy announcements this month (Megan Ellaby 🤢, Carys and James, Liv Purvis, Grace Victory etc.) She seems to have a great balance in her life and has enough self confidence that she doesn’t need to pretend that everything is perfect all of the time. River is so adorable, she is lucky to have her.

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Her vlog today was so refreshing to watch. No selling this or buying that, she said what was gifted like the thermomix she was making soup in but also said you don't need a thermo you can make it in a pan. Her mum is vulnerable so she went food shopping for her and baked her some bread. Even though they have money they seem like a nice down to earth couple. Such a contrast to people like Lydia millen who's bragging about this trying to show how rich and posh she is. This is the content I want to watch right now people doing everyday things. (y)

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I find Fleur has a dry, sarcastic sense of humour and definitely get the impression the comment was a joke.

Reactions: 35

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
That Q&A was just so real. When she said they don’t care about holidays they just want a baby, I felt so sad for her.

Imagine if Niomi came out & said Joe broke up with me & I’m really struggling but trying to get on with things as best I can. Instead of all the nonsense.

Reactions: 34

Spencerskates

VIP Member
Yeah I wondered too. It's a very different thing to have a positive pregnancy test and then you start bleeding a few days later, to being a couple of months along and needing a d&c (this happened to me).
Not to take away from what happened to you, but a loss is a loss. A woman becomes a mother the second she gets that positive test. To have had two in the short time period that she has must be devastating. I hope she’s going private to get all of the tests she can to figure out why it’s happening.

Reactions: 34

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I think Fleur has knocked it out of the park during lockdown. She is thriving in her role as a mother, River is so cute and she seems to enjoy looking after Mike as well. She looks amazing, I noticed her calves are really toned. She handles herself really well, like when talking about her miscarriage she said look don’t give me medical advice! Her extended family all seem so in love with eachother. It’s all so perfect.
That’s my Fleur rave!

Reactions: 33

Welshgal

VIP Member
The one thing that gets to me - and yes this is probably mum shaming - is the amount of trips abroad she takes after having River. My baby is around the same age and I’ve been away once without her for work and I cried the whole time. I just find it odd that she’s ok with going away so much. I also hate how Mike interrupts her all the time to be in her videos, I really couldn’t care less to hear from him.

for a CEO he seems to have an incredible amount of time.

each to their own. I don’t think it’s fair to expect Fleur to put her life and the amazing opportunities she gets on hold. She definitely travels less now and her day trips to London are no different than her going to a long day at an office?
Imo it’s also good for kids to grow up without their parents constantly theire but of course that’s a very personal opinion.
Just don’t like stereotypes like that. No one would say anything if Mike was the one to do all the traveling

Reactions: 33