Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I’ve been really impressed with Fleur recently. Also she’s the only influencer I’ve seen actually tag the Caroline Hirons book as a PR gift. Everyone else is being all “ooh look my friend just happened to send me this” 🙄

Reactions: 19
I agree with all you say, but I don't necessarily think it's "working mum bashing" or "mum shaming" as anyone likes to say at criticism.

I haven't followed Fleur in ages and don't know how much she was away, so can't and won't comment on that, but esp for the very little ones it's incredibly important that their mummy is home (more so than daddy!) and being gone very often and/or long isn't very good (particularly overnight stays).

It's also fine to say that and say that about someone when it's perceived that way.
That just isn't true and it is shaming. It isn't more important for fleur to stay home vs mike, it isn't any more her job to parent than mike's.
This sort of tit is what limits women because people perpetuate this idea that *mothering* is more important than parenting and kids are women's work.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
That just isn't true and it is shaming. It isn't more important for fleur to stay home vs mike, it isn't any more her job to parent than mike's.
This sort of tit is what limits women because people perpetuate this idea that *mothering* is more important than parenting and kids are women's work.
Well said!

Reactions: 14
I am not going to argue about this, but I would like to add that a tiny baby is most familiar with its mother's voice after birth and that remains so during the first year and includes smell. For a very small baby, when the primary caregiver is "suddenly" gone and doesn't appear for hours or days, it is stressful.
Everyone has to decide for themselves how they lead their lives and just because we all have different opinions on matters it doesn't have to be called "shaming" or "bashing". Some spend less time with their kids, others a lot, it's a personal decision, it can be commented upon and some of these things are also indisputable facts determined by research.

Reactions: 9
I am not going to argue about this, but I would like to add that a tiny baby is most familiar with its mother's voice after birth and that remains so during the first year and includes smell. For a very small baby, when the primary caregiver is "suddenly" gone and doesn't appear for hours or days, it is stressful.
Everyone has to decide for themselves how they lead their lives and just because we all have different opinions on matters it doesn't have to be called "shaming" or "bashing". Some spend less time with their kids, others a lot, it's a personal decision, it can be commented upon and some of these things are also indisputable facts determined by research.
Having a different opinion isn't what makes it shaming, saying 'oh that poor tiny baby needs her mother (more than her father)' because fleur works is though.
Fleur and mike seem to have a pretty balanced view of caring for river so I don't think the baby was ever stressed because fleur was suddenly gone and left with mike. A baby needing a mother more than a father, other than for breastfeeding in the first few weeks & even then as plenty of babies are bottle fed, is just a pile of shite and not an undisputed fact determined by research :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13
Having a different opinion isn't what makes it shaming, saying 'oh that poor tiny baby needs her mother (more than her father)' because fleur works is though.
Fleur and mike seem to have a pretty balanced view of caring for river so I don't think the baby was ever stressed because fleur was suddenly gone and left with mike. A baby needing a mother more than a father, other than for breastfeeding in the first few weeks & even then as plenty of babies are bottle fed, is just a pile of shite and not an undisputed fact determined by research :rolleyes:
There's a tonne of research that goes into mother-child separation and parent-child separation, I suggest you acquaint yourself with that.

Separation from the primary caregiver is stressful for a child, esp during the first 2 years of their life.
The primary caregiver is usually the mother.

Even straight after giving birth a baby experiences stress when sleeping in a cot next to the mother instead of doing skin-on-skin contact with mum.
One of the reasons why it's so important for preemies to give them lots of skin-on-skin contact, they get better much quicker.

The mother's voice calms a baby like no other, hence devices for mum to record her voice and place with baby during the night.

These days any tiny comment is "shaming".

Aren't we all "influencer shaming" here? They're just doing their job.

I handled a relative's child for a whole day, bottle-fed baby, least fussy baby I've ever met in my life. In the afternoon, after 5 or so hours of just me and the baby (mum was with us, but I was doing everything around the baby) the baby started to scream their head off, cried and I couldn't do anything to calm them. Once mum took baby into her arms, baby immediately stopped crying and quickly fell asleep.
This is anecdotal, but as I said, there's more than a tiny bit of research and the emphasis is on the first two years of a child's life.

That's the last I'll say on the matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was the one who brought this up and trust me, if Mike were to be away as much as she was I'd say the exact same thing.

It's great that Fleur works and loves her job, whatever. I just don't get having a child and the f'ing off most of the time especially when they are so young. No matter if you are the mum or the dad. I used to watch Casey Neistat lot and he was/is always traveling without his family. I don't get that. what's the point.

And in Fleur's case, it's all 'fluff' anyway. It's not like her job is important, or that she has to travel. She does/did it because she wanted to. Her choice, obviously, but one I do not understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just watched the vlog - I really admire how Fleur chose to handle and speak about such a traumatic situation. Others on YT (such as the SacconeJolys) have seemed to capitalise on trauma like miscarriage and death, and although I appreciate that everyone deals with these situations differently, I think that Fleur’s approach is much more sensitive and admirable.

Reactions: 24
I haven’t watched her vlog as yet, and I will probably get slaughtered for this as it’s not completely on board the Fleur Is Perfect train - but there have been so many comment saying that people love the way she addresses this, casually in a vlog, etc.

I do like her, but I think people may be failing to see that by posting the very vague woe is me post on her Instagram she was planting the seed for everyone to talk about what could it be and click on her vlogs to see if she would speak about it.

She might be better at this ‘influencer’ thing than most others but I think it’s short sighted to ignore altogether that she IS still one of them.

Had she just mentioned it casually in a vlog without the (I’m sorry) borderline attention seeking Instagram post, that’d be different.

Her vlogs are still monetised, guys. And she’s drawing people there from her other social media accounts.

I haven’t watched her vlog as yet, and I will probably get slaughtered for this as it’s not completely on board the Fleur Is Perfect train - but there have been so many comment saying that people love the way she addresses this, casually in a vlog, etc.

I do like her, but I think people may be failing to see that by posting the very vague woe is me post on her Instagram she was planting the seed for everyone to talk about what could it be and click on her vlogs to see if she would speak about it.

She might be better at this ‘influencer’ thing than most others but I think it’s short sighted to ignore altogether that she IS still one of them.

Had she just mentioned it casually in a vlog without the (I’m sorry) borderline attention seeking Instagram post, that’d be different.

Her vlogs are still monetised, guys. And she’s drawing people there from her other social media accounts.
Fair point. I guess she just doesn't have the 'desperation' of other YouTubers who don't have massively rich backgrounds to fall back on.

Yeah I kind of thought the same when I seen her Instagram post saying "if you don't know what it's about swipe up to see the video".

But I'm still glad it wasn't a "the worst day ever" video with her crying in the thumbnail like I can imagine others doing.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I kind of thought the same when I seen her Instagram post saying "if you don't know what it's about swipe up to see the video".

But I'm still glad it wasn't a "the worst day ever" video with her crying in the thumbnail like I can imagine others doing.
Yes, turning your miscarriage into a “swipe up” is very influencer-esque.

About the discussion regarding Fleur being on holiday after River was born, how much time did she actually spend away? I don't follow her on socials and only just started watching her again since lockdown.

I'm of the opinion that I like that she's kept up doing things for herself, but I don't have or want kids so I'm possibly bias in my opinion as I would definitely also want to keep up travelling if I had kids :ROFLMAO: (one of many reasons for not wanting them).

Reactions: 2
About the discussion regarding Fleur being on holiday after River was born, how much time did she actually spend away? I don't follow her on socials and only just started watching her again since lockdown.

I'm of the opinion that I like that she's kept up doing things for herself, but I don't have or want kids so I'm possibly bias in my opinion as I would definitely also want to keep up travelling if I had kids :ROFLMAO: (one of many reasons for not wanting them).
She wasn’t away that much. If I remember correctly she stayed home for the first couple
of months afterwards and then only went on some day / weekend trips before she went away for longer but I never felt like she was constantly away.

Reactions: 8
She never deliberately hide the AD unlike some Gleam influencers that minimise the AD word or hide the Ad word at the corner where it will be blocked by the icon and profile name

Reactions: 6

I mean she does have a video titled "the worst day" 🤷🏽

I mean she does have a video titled "the worst day" 🤷🏽
I think the point was that she didn't milk it like the SJ's would/have about every negative thing in their lives or when something sad does happen. I remember the video you mentioned there and it was really really sad, very unexpected for them too.

She’s still an influencer guys and we’re all aware of it, don’t think anyone was disputing that. She wouldn’t have a thread on here if we could all just relate to her life and she was one of ‘us’ regular peasants. BUT, she’s at least not *as* annoying or desperate as others. It’s what we were all trying to say I think. Fleur’s lifestyle is out of this world and we gotta take everything with a grain of salt but again, we know this.

Reactions: 7
And again, if Mike had been away as much as Fleur I would have said the same thing.
And then of course, this thread is about Fleur, not Mike.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.