Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly why that move was such a sudden "oh we moved house". They didn't move, they sold their house and got moved into the Hall. They probably put Mike's name on that house and gifted it to him which would have started the 7 year inheritance tax clock. The moment that 7 year tick is over, he won't have to pay any of it. And the 6 million house, would be split amongst the 3 siblings, so 2 mill each say. (if they sold it). Then because the parents are married you get a larger tax free allowance (instead of the £325k for a single person). Also if it's his main residence then you get the extra 175k. Also there's Business relief, so I'm sure they would have a financial planner to figure out how to reduce this tax bill. As long as they gift the bulk of it, after 7 years they are in the clear.
Oh yes I def think this is why they moved Mike in. Just seems strange to then go and lie in another mansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh man, so sad to hear she lost two babies. Tearing up watching her vlog right now! That's rough - miscarriage and her granny is in hospital with covid! I think it's refreshingly honest and vulnerable of her, but actually sharing the rougher patches of life makes people more likable. If that makes sense.. Especially for someone like Fleur who on the surface 'has it all' and can appear like her life is perfect.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
She said she also lost a baby last October. Props to Fleur for handling this in such a dignified way. It must be so awful to have people constantly messaging and speculating “are you / is she” anyway, especially while going through a miscarriage. She strikes me as a very strong woman. Honestly wishing her nothing but the best and hoping, even though she does put her life online, that she gets the privacy she asks for.
Came here to say this. I can't believe people are rude enough to constantly asking are you pregnant/do you want kids. Not even just to influencers but to anyone in general. I have absolutely no time for it now and don't hold back in my response when people ask me 😂

Also agree with the posts about not shaming her for going on holiday after having a kid. I actually love that she does that, why should her life be on hold just because she had a child? Its a few holidays its not as if shes away every other day. River is clearly very well looked after and loved.

Reactions: 24
Fleur did this in her usual classy and unfussy way - telling us about her two miscarriages without snot and tears everywhere. Like most of us she keeps that to herself and those closest to her.
As someone who also had two miscarriages I totally understand her feeling with the second one. Thankfully I got my rainbow baby in the end and Fleur will too.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh no this is really sad. I was hoping it wasn’t going to be this. Well she’s strong and seems to be dealing with it very well. 💓

Reactions: 7
I am actually surprised she shared this, i never thought she'd be open about something like this but im glad she has. Miscarriages are (sadly) extremely common and by talking openly about it women help other women feel less alone. Hope things get better for them soon.

Fleur did this in her usual classy and unfussy way - telling us about her two miscarriages without snot and tears everywhere. Like most of us she keeps that to herself and those closest to her.
As someone who also had two miscarriages I totally understand her feeling with the second one. Thankfully I got my rainbow baby in the end and Fleur will too.
I also suspect her family might be a bit like mine - my nan was very open about pregnancy loss and very matter-of-fact, so miscarriages are seen as sad, but a very normal fact of life in my family, something that is openly discussed and not a huge devastating secret kind of thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Gosh, what a devastating vlog. Only a mother who miscarriages really knows how it feels. Hope she keeps strong and never stops believing.

Reactions: 9
I'm so sorry for her, and i know how she feels, must have been a total shock after having an easy time with River.

She's the only blogger who has been genuine and normal (that i've watched) in lockdown, and I send lots of love to her and i'm sure she will get there!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m so so pleased she did this, and in the dignified way she did. She seems to have such a perfect life on the outside so to highlight that bad things happen to everyone. And talking about it in a vlog rather than a dramatic crying video brings it into the open as something we should be easier talking about because it isn’t shameful. I sometimes think Fleur has such a sheltered easy life, but this made me really relate to and respect the way she dealt with it

Reactions: 31
I’m not gonna lie, my old tough ass was tearing up watching her latest vlog. I appreciate how she didn’t turn it in to a money making/sub gaining sit down video like some of the YouTubers (cough Imogen and her bullying cough)
I really feel for her and mike, miscarriage is an awful thing to go through... you always wonder what if no matter how many years pass! 😢

Reactions: 20
You could see the pain in her eyes in the clips she was talking about it, especially when talking of her grandma.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I wonder how far gone she was
Yeah I wondered too. It's a very different thing to have a positive pregnancy test and then you start bleeding a few days later, to being a couple of months along and needing a d&c (this happened to me).

Reactions: 3
Yeah I wondered too. It's a very different thing to have a positive pregnancy test and then you start bleeding a few days later, to being a couple of months along and needing a d&c (this happened to me).
Not to take away from what happened to you, but a loss is a loss. A woman becomes a mother the second she gets that positive test. To have had two in the short time period that she has must be devastating. I hope she’s going private to get all of the tests she can to figure out why it’s happening.

Reactions: 34
Not to take away from what happened to you, but a loss is a loss. A woman becomes a mother the second she gets that positive test. To have had two in the short time period that she has must be devastating. I hope she’s going private to get all of the tests she can to figure out why it’s happening.
Yeah I totally agree. I wasn't saying that one is less of a loss than the other. Not at all. I was just hoping that she didn't have to go through the trauma of a hospital procedure on top of everything.

Reactions: 10
I’m obviously very sad for her and I wish her well but can I just say how refreshing it was for someone like her (YouTuber, influencer whatever she is) to share the news in such a calm, casual, normal way instead of a ‘sit down video’ with huge lights in her face and crocodile tears along with a misleading title, you get the point..... This is probably why I’ve always still liked Fleur, sure she’s had to figure out a way to make money on her social media (who wouldn’t? Insert sponsorships and gifted trips) but she seems to still have her dignity left and she obviously knows who she is behind this ‘perfect life’ on Instagram and I can’t say that about a lot of Youtubers so good for her! I applaud her.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I am actually surprised she shared this, i never thought she'd be open about something like this but im glad she has. Miscarriages are (sadly) extremely common and by talking openly about it women help other women feel less alone. Hope things get better for them soon.

I also suspect her family might be a bit like mine - my nan was very open about pregnancy loss and very matter-of-fact, so miscarriages are seen as sad, but a very normal fact of life in my family, something that is openly discussed and not a huge devastating secret kind of thing.
Miscarriages really are more common than people perceive them to be and the fact that they’re shushed up as something shameful or a “woman’s issue” doesn’t help. I really respect Fleur for being so open about something so personal yet also sadly so common too.

Reactions: 12
I really admire how she openly discussed it, removing stigma around the topic, but in a way that meant she could maintain privacy and dignity for her and Mike

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.