Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lhb120

Just watched the vlog - I really admire how Fleur chose to handle and speak about such a traumatic situation. Others on YT (such as the SacconeJolys) have seemed to capitalise on trauma like miscarriage and death, and although I appreciate that everyone deals with these situations differently, I think that Fleur’s approach is much more sensitive and admirable.

Reactions: 24

idk2

VIP Member
She is personally donating 1000. She said the auction raised 19k and her goal was 20k
Decent enough. Like I said, her parents and her husbands parents are the millionaires. We don't know how much of that fortune she has access too. But I'm sure the taxes they pay are more than an average persons yearly salary. Its ridiculous we are being made to feel guilted in to donating to the NHS when we already fund it. The government really have a lot of explaining to do in that regard but I'm getting off topic lol

Silentcritique

Chatty Member
I don’t think I’d categorically stop being friends with or not befriend a person because they were a Tory but I would certainly want to know their reasoning for voting the way they do.
Personally I'm not friends with Tories full stop, they're not in my circle. If I became friends with someone through work/house circles and they transpired to be a tory I would keep them at a distance but still be amicable.

I'm actually reasonably posh myself, I don't resent posh people or wealth and that's why I like Fleur, she has every right to live her life. But I would be very pleasantly surprised if her and Mike were villing to vote with the common person in mind, and for me that's a real shame.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart

LittleRoots

Does anyone else kinda still like her? I have stayed subscribed to her and although I never ever watch her videos I still quite like her and seem to think she's one of the most real youtubers who are still somewhat relevant from back in the day.

Does anyone else like her but never actualy watch her or is that just me lol

slugella

VIP Member
She said she also lost a baby last October. Props to Fleur for handling this in such a dignified way. It must be so awful to have people constantly messaging and speculating “are you / is she” anyway, especially while going through a miscarriage. She strikes me as a very strong woman. Honestly wishing her nothing but the best and hoping, even though she does put her life online, that she gets the privacy she asks for.
Came here to say this. I can't believe people are rude enough to constantly asking are you pregnant/do you want kids. Not even just to influencers but to anyone in general. I have absolutely no time for it now and don't hold back in my response when people ask me 😂

Also agree with the posts about not shaming her for going on holiday after having a kid. I actually love that she does that, why should her life be on hold just because she had a child? Its a few holidays its not as if shes away every other day. River is clearly very well looked after and loved.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I know this isn't a "rave" section but her vlogs are great right now. I just watched her second isolation one. There is something about her that I find very calming. She is auctioning off items and the money going to a charity that is raising money for drs.

Gossiper35

VIP Member
Someone in the comments of that video basically said that because Fleur already has a child she shouldn't focus everything on having another one. Fleur has replied to her. What an unsympathetic and rude person. Just because you already have a child doesn't mean that it hurts any less to lose one. Or two in her case. I know that from experience.

• Heart

bad_wolf

TREAT is a slice of TOAST... goodnight all ☠

I don’t really allow myself much flexibility. On my birthday I eat more or less what I like, same on Christmas Day but to be honest I’m over processed and junk foods pretty much. My treats are things like a slice of toast on Sundays. I really enjoy my Sunday toast :)
The thing is I’ve realised how incredibly important your health is and how much your weight, diet and exercise levels impact on it. I don’t care about anyone’s appearance or my own, I don’t think thinner is more beautiful or stuff like that but everything we do when we are younger can impact positively or negatively on our older selves. X
anyway. fleur has always been one of those people who is normal, healthy weight but because of what we're force fed every day as being ideal is being a size uk 4-6 with no fat, it has led to insecurities which is completely understandable. i think she's always looked great.

• Haha

earlgrey

VIP Member
I'm actually really impressed that her and Mike are sticking to the vegan thing, know how much they like their eggs and fish etc. It'd be so easy for them to live in a little bubble but they are really making an effort with it.

Really enjoying her vlogs - how can one of the most privileged, filthy rich vloggers come off as the most human and relatable?

Reactions: 23

onmylunchbreak

I feel that Fleur has always been just a tiny bit distant with her followers but I really don’t see this as a bad thing. She doesn’t patronise us with ‘omg I love you guys more than anything’, while actually not giving two hoots the way I see so many big youtubers do. She’s not in the business to give people the feeling that she’s their best friend, when actually, she is a stranger to us just as much as we are to her. I don’t feel offended by that as a consumer of her content. Fleur is wealthy by birth, and her husband is exceptionally wealthy. They have incredible levels of wealth that is not provided by YouTube or sponsorships, that kind of money is literally pocket change to them so I really don’t see that she does it for the money - more of a way to occupy her time. Sponsorships for her are an achievement, not monetarily, but because she’s proud brands want to work with her, she is relevant and influential and money aside I do think it’s natural for her to want to strive for that in her career.

As for showing River I have to agree, she was so careful when she was a baby, it’s strange she has changed her tune on that one.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Just caught up with her vlogs. Love their little family. She is so great with River and I like that she doesn't film her too much. Fleur puts many other "influencers" to shame. She is constantly trying something new at home. Funny how one of the old-money wealthier YT'ers seems the most relatable.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think they seem like a normal couple who’ve been together for ten years...

trapped in a house with a toddler 🤣😂🤣

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I just started watching the latest vlog and I have to say she really is lovely. I love that when River said "mummy, stop" and Fleur "I have to come and see you" she actually turned the camera off and went to check on her daughter, instead of filming it. So many influencers either ignore their kids when they say that or will keep filming.

Gosh. Fleur is so graceful when talking about her miscarriages, no over the top production, just like talking with a friend. Poor her and Mike. I went off Fleur years ago but I am sucked back into her vlogs and Instagram. She seems so "real" compared to many other vloggers. I think the fact that she had a miscarriage in October but didn't allude to it at all on social media (to get attention) says a lot about her character. A really lovely person.

Good on her for mentioning George Floyd and Black Lives Matter - seems genuine.

Last edited:

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
But it hasn’t been whitewashed? They didn’t replace black people with white people in the ad, they have replaced it with asian people. Asian people are the majority in China, so why would they use a black person (when they are a minority in China)? Surely it would be just as bad as using an asian person to advertise something for South Africa?
Also if he signed it off, the brand owns it. It may be wrong from the moral point of view, but if the add is intellectual property of JM rather than John Boyega, there was nothing wrong legally.
I think the question we should ask is 'had the original ad featured white people, will it be replaced?' i think not..

• Heart

Yesbabe

She organised the whole thing, donated 15 items herself, and the donated a £1000 when it didn’t reach her target of £20k.

Considering some bloggers donated gifted items, she’s done pretty well imo

Reactions: 22

Sln2404

Oh to have to drive to a field, across some cattle grid, to have a family picnic, all without leaving your own grounds. She's so relatable you guyssss...
She’s never claimed to be relatable though. That’s the difference between her and loads of the others.

So she’s “going vegan” but opens up that she’ll still wear leather. The vLOG title you’re looking for is PLANT BASED. Oh wait, that’s not as algorithm friendly...
thats not really fair to say. there is a difference between eating vegan and having a complete vegan lifestyle.

I will always give people credit for doing anything that is in anyway helpful to the environment. It doesn't have to be a few people doing everything 100% right, it takes many people doing the best they can to make a change.

And I dont really think Fleur cares about algorithm all that much. She and Mike make plenty of money to support themselves. Youtube is much more of a hobby than a full time job to her.

Orange2green

I hadn't been a Fleur fan for ages because I always thought she came across quite entitled, but I have to eat my words and check myself. I watched that Q&A and I was so in awe about how real she was. She was vulnerable without putting on a lily pebbles woe is me type saga. When she said she wasn't hoping for holidays and just a baby... Broke my heart.

• Heart