Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must have been a shock for her to have the first miscarriage. By all accounts she got pregnant straight away with River and had an easy enough pregnancy. I know these things can and do happen but I guess you’d just be lulled into a false sense of security. I admire her for talking about it in the way she is.

Reactions: 17
What on Earth are you on about? I wondered if her excessive exercising was a coping mechanism and whether she’d started dealing with it.
Ah, ok. I think your previous comment was misconstrued as suggesting her ‘excessive’ exercising was cause for the miscarriages. The use of the word ‘excessive’ perhaps.

Reactions: 21
Ah, ok. I think your previous comment was misconstrued as suggesting her ‘excessive’ exercising was cause for the miscarriages. The use of the word ‘excessive’ perhaps.
I apologise if it came across that way, I would never insinuate such a thing.

I thought it might also explain why she seems to have stopped eating plant based - it doesn’t seem uncommon for people to go plant based as a form of restriction and then to ease back a bit when they start to recover a bit.

Reactions: 4
Maybe she just enjoys exercising a lot, it’s good for your mental health generally as well as physical health.

Reactions: 6
I never found the amount of exercise to be too much? Have I missed something?

Reactions: 8
While exercise is generally good for mental / physical health, it can tip over into obsession. I had a friend who was bulimic. She ‘recovered’ from the bulimia but really all she was doing was exercising every day in an attempt to control her weight. No healthier mentally that when she was bulimic. Orthorexia (obsession with clean eating) is another form of an eating disorder. I’m not suggesting that Fleur is/has ever dealt with this but it’s a sweeping statement to say exercise is always a positive thing.

Reactions: 6
As in Laura’s way of announcing it/coping with it makes me feel kind of weird whilst Fleur’s doesn’t and I feel like it’s wrong. I am just overthinking it probably.
I find nothing wrong with what Laura is doing. Months ago, she announced her multiple miscarriages in a very emotional video. And now she is setting up a website and podcast to talk about miscarriages to help other women. What is wrong with that? Poor Laura is still trying to get help from the NHS who have been utterly dismissive towards her.

Reactions: 2
She was doing one, sometimes two spin classes a day. Pelaton classes are generally 30-45 minute rides. Hardly excessive exercising.

Reactions: 11
I find nothing wrong with what Laura is doing. Months ago, she announced her multiple miscarriages in a very emotional video. And now she is setting up a website and podcast to talk about miscarriages to help other women. What is wrong with that? Poor Laura is still trying to get help from the NHS who have been utterly dismissive towards her.
I didn’t say she is doing anything wrong! She is just dealing with it in a different way from Fleur. There is nothing wrong with either, it’s just made me feel a bit weird compared to Fleur’s way of dealing with miscarriage. If if didn’t watch both videos on the same day, I probably wouldn’t have even noticed.

Reactions: 3
She was doing one, sometimes two spin classes a day. Pelaton classes are generally 30-45 minute rides. Hardly excessive exercising.
... you think two spin classes every single day is normal? 🤣

Her and Mike were both OTT about that bike for a while. To start with I thought it was to justify the ridiculous £££ it cost but then, that’s only a drop in the ocean for their bank account! They were basically taking it in constant turns.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t say she is doing anything wrong! She is just dealing with it in a different way from Fleur. There is nothing wrong with either, it’s just made me feel a bit weird compared to Fleur’s way of dealing with miscarriage. If if didn’t watch both videos on the same day, I probably wouldn’t have even noticed.
You did say something was wrong with it...
:As in Laura’s way of announcing it/coping with it makes me feel kind of weird whilst Fleur’s doesn’t and I feel like it’s wrong.

Anyway, I don't think there is any "right" or "wrong" way to deal with it.

Reactions: 2
If you're talking about her and the Peloton I would say that is very typical of Peloton riders (i.e. doing the pyramid back to back rides at the weekend) and actually if you see her profile she wasn't using it that much

Reactions: 7
You did say something was wrong with it...
:As in Laura’s way of announcing it/coping with it makes me feel kind of weird whilst Fleur’s doesn’t and I feel like it’s wrong.

Anyway, I don't think there is any "right" or "wrong" way to deal with it.
Sorry, I didn’t word it correctly 😔 I meant that it was wrong that Laura’s way made me feel weird.

Reactions: 1
If you're talking about her and the Peloton I would say that is very typical of Peloton riders (i.e. doing the pyramid back to back rides at the weekend) and actually if you see her profile she wasn't using it that much
whats her username?

... you think two spin classes every single day is normal? 🤣

Her and Mike were both OTT about that bike for a while. To start with I thought it was to justify the ridiculous £££ it cost but then, that’s only a drop in the ocean for their bank account! They were basically taking it in constant turns.
Yes? I too have a Pelaton, before I unfortunately fractured my ankle I would do one class in the morning and one after work. Depends on your view on exercise but I really don’t think doing an hour of spinning a day is a lot.

Reactions: 8
Yes? I too have a Pelaton, before I unfortunately fractured my ankle I would do one class in the morning and one after work. Depends on your view on exercise but I really don’t think doing an hour of spinning a day is a lot.
Especially when we're all stuck in the house which is when they were doing it. If you're not that active since there's not a lot to do, exercise isn't a terrible choice within reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.