Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saying that it "was related to the trauma of loss" means that they think it was her way of coping AFTER the miscarriage, not that it caused it.
Ah apologies, I misread that. Fair enough.

@Smca53 I will agree with you then, in saying the exercise is most likely her coping mechanism. I know in myself it definitely clears my head.

Reactions: 4

At the 5 minute mark in this video she does talk about her weight issues she's had and how weight is something that does bother her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I would say that that could be a form of orthorexia in some cases. Do you allow yourself flexibility with your diet? Do you have treats/unhealthy foods every now and then? Obviously it's good to eat healthily, but there has to be a balance, I think.
I don’t really allow myself much flexibility. On my birthday I eat more or less what I like, same on Christmas Day but to be honest I’m over processed and junk foods pretty much. My treats are things like a slice of toast on Sundays. I really enjoy my Sunday toast :)
The thing is I’ve realised how incredibly important your health is and how much your weight, diet and exercise levels impact on it. I don’t care about anyone’s appearance or my own, I don’t think thinner is more beautiful or stuff like that but everything we do when we are younger can impact positively or negatively on our older selves. X

Reactions: 5
I don’t really allow myself much flexibility. On my birthday I eat more or less what I like, same on Christmas Day but to be honest I’m over processed and junk foods pretty much. My treats are things like a slice of toast on Sundays. I really enjoy my Sunday toast :)
The thing is I’ve realised how incredibly important your health is and how much your weight, diet and exercise levels impact on it. I don’t care about anyone’s appearance or my own, I don’t think thinner is more beautiful or stuff like that but everything we do when we are younger can impact positively or negatively on our older selves. X
I just think diet and fitness is so personal to each individual. I'm currently about 2 stone overweight which I've gained in the last two years which I'm trying desperately to lose, I would say I probably follow a similar lifestyle to you in terms of low carbs, two meals a day (need to lay off the snacks!) and I think if that's what works for you then so be it. I just watched the clip of the video above and I think Fleur is probably one of those people who really has to watch her weight as she gains very easily. She's probably not the most athletic person in the world hence why she's been exercising so much. I think her body looks great for it too and it's obviously working for her. I met her in London about two years ago at Christmas time and I thought she just looked a normal healthy weight.

Reactions: 6
TREAT is a slice of TOAST... goodnight all ☠

anyway. fleur has always been one of those people who is normal, healthy weight but because of what we're force fed every day as being ideal is being a size uk 4-6 with no fat, it has led to insecurities which is completely understandable. i think she's always looked great.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
TREAT is a slice of TOAST... goodnight all ☠

anyway. fleur has always been one of those people who is normal, healthy weight but because of what we're force fed every day as being ideal is being a size uk 4-6 with no fat, it has led to insecurities which is completely understandable. i think she's always looked great.
Not trying to be critical of anyone else's eating habits (it's clearly up to each individual what they want to eat and how much they eat) but a slice of toast being a treat seems a bit extreme to me as well. That honestly sounds like very restrictive eating.

I'm 170cm, 50kg, and I eat two full meals a day (used to be three when we didn't all work from home) and snack in between (fruits, nuts, chocolate, the occasional cookie or cake that I'd make myself). I also exercise probably 5 days a week but it can be anything from an hour of cardio to a yoga class. I also don't restrict myself from eating anything but practice eating in moderation until I'm 80% full. When I actively tried to restrict my eating by limiting carbs in the past, I dropped down to 45kg at one point and it made me black out randomly during the day because I had low blood pressure. I can't really imagine that being healthy for anyone and it definitely wasn't sustainable for the long term. I'm very skeptical about all the new, trendy diets that have come out the past decade or so (we've been eating carbs and animal protein for thousands of years...is it really healthy to do away with all that?). What's really causing a lot of us to become overweight, in my opinion, is the prevalence of processed foods and God knows what's in them. If you make a lot of stuff at home, even if it's a "cheat food" like cupcakes or ice cream, I find that I often wouldn't gain that much weight as long as I ate it in moderation.

Regarding Fleur, I think she looks great regardless of her size but I do think she feels some pressure regarding her weight because so many social media stars are practically teenagers or in their early 20s, so they all tend to be slim. The excessive posing and photoshop also doesn't help, and makes people feel like they need to be model sized, which of course, they don't need to be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a toddler and simply dont have time for 2 spin classes. How do parents do it? Even with my partner home.

Reactions: 5
I have a true “varied” diet. That is, some days I eat terrible, too much and unhealthy, other days I’m on a health kick and it’s steamed vegetables and some fish. But mostly, I just eat what I feel like in moderation. I have no treat days. If I enjoy my toast so much, I would not limit that to just one day a week I’m sure. I don’t give too much thought to what I eat. I’m quite tall, 5”10’ and have an athletic build, but I’m certainly fuller than many influencer.

I consider Fleur to be someone who really likes her food, also eating more unusual dishes like bone marrow etc. But it’s quite normal to want to shed your baby weight or wanting to go back to your pre-baby weight, influencer or not.

Reactions: 3
I don’t understand all the back and forth on this! Who cares about how much eveyone weighs or what is a healthy weight for you.

Fleur is perfectly normal size and her weight has been pretty consistent during her entire time on YouTube.

Reactions: 30
Crikey, life is to be lived for eating delicious toast, surely?! There’s no better feeling than coming in from a ten hour day at work and a cold drive home, to then curl up on the couch with a cosy plate of buttery toast.

Toast once a week? Nah, mate. The world is rubbish enough as it is without the deprivation of simple pleasures.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I really don’t think it’s necessary to be slagging off other members on here just because they chose to have a slice of toast as a treat.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She's done an update & Q&A on youtube. She's no longer vegan because she has some issues with her thyroid and they think that this might be the reason for her miscarriages.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I honestly think we're at peak Fleur. She seems to have grown a lot as a person in the last year or so and got over a lot of her annoying quirks.

Reactions: 42
Really enjoyed her Q & A video. Its probably the most open, honest, non-dramatic, and authentic one I've ever seen on YouTube when talking about a serious subject.

Reactions: 27
I'm watching/listening to her q&a right now and I like that she talks about having a gardener. People actually believed Mike and Fleur themselves tend to that massive park surrounding their house? :-D I wonder if she also mentions her other help (or has she in the past?)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.