Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was doing so well with her Vlogmas and Lockdown videos, she seemed to understand the crisis and was sensible about it. She blew that all on a quick trip to Dubai. How incredibly stupid.
She deserves all the unsubbing and negative comments she gets.

Reactions: 27
Yes I would have thought she would do this too. And maybe announce an extended break and come back when everything has calmed down.
(This situation made me start posting ahah hi everyone!)

Can you imagine if she has any contractual obligations to put stories/ads on Instagram in the next few days 🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
From YouTube....

Fleur am so saddened by this news that you have taken an unnecessary trip abroad in this pandemic. know it is legal to travel but most people have not, due to morality issues. I'm sure you believed you and your family needed/deserved this break, but you are blessed to be in such a lucky position already, did you really need to? We only had to look at the news over Christmas to see that the cases were soaring, there was a new varient they were trying to keep localised to the UK, and tiers were to be changed so pleading ignorance here will not cut it! Also negative test or not, you can still carry and spread the virus as you can still test positive days after the incubation period/neg test. really hope you issue a convincing apology to all the people who have made real sacrifices. You were my favourite influencer but now all see is the privileged saying do as I say not as I do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
From YouTube....

Fleur am so saddened by this news that you have taken an unnecessary trip abroad in this pandemic. know it is legal to travel but most people have not, due to morality issues. I'm sure you believed you and your family needed/deserved this break, but you are blessed to be in such a lucky position already, did you really need to? We only had to look at the news over Christmas to see that the cases were soaring, there was a new varient they were trying to keep localised to the UK, and tiers were to be changed so pleading ignorance here will not cut it! Also negative test or not, you can still carry and spread the virus as you can still test positive days after the incubation period/neg test. really hope you issue a convincing apology to all the people who have made real sacrifices. You were my favourite influencer but now all see is the privileged saying do as I say not as I do.
I really hope all these comments mean that she actually addresses this properly, either with a video or a proper Instagram post which stays up and doesn't get deleted.

Reactions: 16
Can I just ask as not to scroll back, did she travel during tier 3? Thanks
She claims she traveled during Tier 2, but she would have already known that on Boxing Day she would go up to Tier 3, and then later Tier 4 and lockdown. But even without the tiers, she should have realised that unnessesary international travel was a bad idea during a global pandemic.

Reactions: 19
She claims she traveled during Tier 2, but she would have already known that on Boxing Day she would go up to Tier 3, and then later Tier 4 and lockdown. But even without the tiers, she should have realised that unnessesary international travel was a bad idea during a global pandemic.
Unless she opened her presents on Christmas day, filmed a video, uploaded it and flew straight to Dubai, she must have travelled after the move to tier 3.

Reactions: 13
On that Christmas video:
" As a follower of yours for more than 10 years I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Your (supposed) integrity and (apparent) honesty were what kept me around, but I will be unfollowing you. It isn't even about the trip you've taken (although a bit reckless in the middle of a pandemic), its the blatant attempt to lie to your followers by pre-filming a 'what I got for Christmas' video and talking about how sad you were to cancel a trip to Cornwall - all the while packing your bags for Dubai?! Unbelievable. The instagram post from your garden, with 'virtual hugs' as if we're all in this together whilst you recline on a sun-lounger by the pool is also poor taste and just goes to show how little respect you hold for your followers. Such a shame. "

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really hope all these comments mean that she actually addresses this properly, either with a video or a proper Instagram post which stays up and doesn't get deleted.
Someone on Insta has told her to put her 'big girl pants' on and do exactly this. Will be very interesting to see what she posts next.

Reactions: 15
We don't know exactly when she travelled. She said at Christmas and someone reported spotting her in an airport on Boxing Day.
Thanks so this would be tier 3 then? I think The advice is you should not travel unless you really can't avoid it, such as for school or for work. It stands to reason then, that a holiday does not fit into the essential travel only category.

Reactions: 4
Another comment left on Insta.

'Completely agree. At the end of the day she does not value people’s LIVES above her own unnecessary recreation. And to try and lie her way out of it just shows her true character. Don’t dare come on here and try to play the part of a good citizen again - entitled basic rich girl is your brand Fleur, pity that’s not what brands are looking for.'

And another.

'You are certainly free to make a choice (even a poor one) for yourself and your family when you travel but what is unconscionable is taking non-essential travel while you know cases in the UK are surging. I dont care what the rules were at the time. Anybody with half a brain can look at daily case numbers and read the room. You made the choice that your well being was important than that of workers in Dubai who are serving your family. Who likely dont have the financial means to escape the way you do. Who dont have the financial means to protect their health the way you do. This is absolutely peak privilege and a new lpw of selfishness. We are all miserable. You know that and that is why you hid this trip. You knew it was bad from the start.'
This is it exactly! Our decisions don't just affect ourselves. It's fine if you want to risk getting covid, but it is so much bigger than that. By taking these risks you are risking other people's lives as well. That's what bothers me most about people that think they are free to do whatever. Technically you are, but you sure do have the chance that someone else will die because of your decisions. That someone else will lose a loved one or that someone else has to work themselves into burnout and ptsd on the icu floor. All because you want some sunshine and relaxation. I just couldn't live with myself if I was so selfish.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Can I just ask as not to scroll back, did she travel during tier 3? Thanks
I think she claimed in her (now deleted) comment that she travelled during Tier 2, but someone claims to have seen her at the airport on Boxing Day (probably more likely) which would have meant she travelled during Tier 4.

Reactions: 8
I hadn't seen the part at the end of the what I got for Christmas where she flat out lies & says she cancelled a Kent trip & is just taking some time off work with mike... that's beyond just not saying anything, she truly lied! I find that shocking

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
To me, it doesn't really matter what tier her area was in before going on this trip because it's been spoken about how this winter will be very bad, like you have had to turn off your brain or basically lived under a rock. She can't act like oh well it wasn't bad when we left, when it doesn't matter because it's been stressed this entire time how it's going to get worse if we don't follow the protocols in place. You can blame the government all you want because they didn't take it seriously but that doesn't mean tit when you worked with the NHS, it doesn't mean tit when months ago you've talked about how it's important to follow guidelines. You can't play stupid now when the entire time you've been talking about it, like unless you fell and hit your head and got amnesia that doesn't excuse you going on vacation while your country is fucked because of decisions you and others have made because you're done with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
To think I thought she was so covid responsible unlike some other UK influencers I follow. Quite manipulative to pretend to be in lockdown.

My boyfriend's brother who resides in the UK also travelled to Dubai for Christmas with his kids. I was shocked how the family could justify it, because Dubai was letting them in.

Reactions: 12
When do we think she's due to head home?

There is a comment on her instagram asking for more lockdown vlogs and she has replied to say they wont be for a couple of weeks. That was three days ago, reckon she's got another couple of weeks out there or giving her tan time to calm down?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.