Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a few comments on her latest YouTube videos now so hopefully that will make more people aware.

The whole bythesea thing is quite entertaining but the important facts are that Fleur deliberately tried to cover up her trip, admitted to deleting comments calling her out on it and hasn't posted any kind of explanation and seems to be hoping that all this will just be buried in the comments section.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I have never commented on a Fleur post but I'm ready to because I'm so mad about the people defending her saying they just needed a break.

What about the people working at these hotels and resorts that are serving her family, that are surely underpaid and overworked- what about their need to get away? It is peak privilege to watch people travel to resorts during the pandemic completely ignoring the risk they put to the employees of these places that don't have the financial means to do the same and protect their own health. I dont care what precautions the hotels are taking. If its not an essential stay then it is 1000% irresponsible and a level of selfishness that I dont even have a word to describe.

Reactions: 37
I can't understand why Fleur hasn't just deleted that entire Instagram post (afraid of further backlash?) and posted an actual explanation/apology where her word is final (i.e she turns the comments off).

Reactions: 16
I can't understand why Fleur hasn't just deleted that entire Instagram post (afraid of further backlash?) and posted an actual explanation/apology where her word is final (i.e she turns the comments off).
Yes I would have thought she would do this too. And maybe announce an extended break and come back when everything has calmed down.

Reactions: 9
Wow. tit has really hit the fan here hasn't hit. Very disappointed in Fleur, she was probably the only one of the OG youtubers that I had any respect left for. Such a shame, will definitely be unfollowing in a week or so once the drama has died down.

Reactions: 10
She doesn't want anymore people getting wind of this. But I do wonder if her being silent is because she is planning to address it. She hasn't said anything in the comments since her first post was deleted. Unless she is hoping that by keeping silent the comments will lose momentum and she will just lie low for a few weeks and then come back with some vague mention of being away and then carry on as normal.

Ergh I’m so disappointed. Fleur was one of the last remaining influencers I actually liked and remained subscribed to. She seems to have handled the COVID situation better than most other influencers, so why now does she do this? How can a seemingly intelligent couple be so stupid and lack such self awareness of the optics of this?

Reactions: 14
I can only imagine the people defending her are wannabe influencers themselves or have also broken the rules so they are taking the comments to fleur personally. Good. They should all feel terrible.

Reactions: 18
Am I right in thinking Fleur's grandmother got covid and was in hospital or was she just hospitalised for something completely different? Either way she clearly has vulnerable family members and I wonder what they think of all of this.

Reactions: 7
Just seen this very new comment on her most recent youtube video - yikes!

I bet Fleur is 100% aware of other influencers who have gone on secret trips over the last year. She must be so tempted to leak some to take the heat off of her. There is no way she's the only one guilty of this.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It will be interesting to see what content Fleur puts out after her trip. I really enjoyed her lockdown vlogs and it felt like she was one of the few youtubers taking it seriously. I can't see her being able to continue the lockdown vlogs without addressing it or Dubai comments popping up everywhere.

Reactions: 17
All these comments saying ‘she has apologised’, ‘leave her be’, ‘just unfollow, no need to comment’ are really niggling me.

It is ok to hold public figures accountable for their actions! Her other followers need to know that this is not acceptable behaviour. They aren’t getting that confirmed by FDF because her original ‘apology’ was deleted and she hasn’t reposted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Few comments popping up on her you tube vids. Maybe a good place to post comments?? If getting deleted off ig

Reactions: 6
Just seen this very new comment on her most recent youtube video - yikes!

I bet Fleur is 100% aware of other influencers who have gone on secret trips over the last year. She must be so tempted to leak some to take the heat off of her. There is no way she's the only one guilty of this.
It's definitely starting to take off in the comments section of her latest video and rightly so. People seem more angry about her deceit and sneakiness rather than the actual trip.

Reactions: 15
I’m really gutted by this. I have always enjoyed Fleur’s content, I was very moved by her sharing the story of her miscarriage, and enjoyed the fact she was true to herself when it came to acknowledging the privilege she has. It’s such a shame she has done this trip, then doubled down on it by dealing with the fall out in this way. Urgh.

Another comment left on Insta.

'Completely agree. At the end of the day she does not value people’s LIVES above her own unnecessary recreation. And to try and lie her way out of it just shows her true character. Don’t dare come on here and try to play the part of a good citizen again - entitled basic rich girl is your brand Fleur, pity that’s not what brands are looking for.'

And another.

'You are certainly free to make a choice (even a poor one) for yourself and your family when you travel but what is unconscionable is taking non-essential travel while you know cases in the UK are surging. I dont care what the rules were at the time. Anybody with half a brain can look at daily case numbers and read the room. You made the choice that your well being was important than that of workers in Dubai who are serving your family. Who likely dont have the financial means to escape the way you do. Who dont have the financial means to protect their health the way you do. This is absolutely peak privilege and a new lpw of selfishness. We are all miserable. You know that and that is why you hid this trip. You knew it was bad from the start.'

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.