Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone's asked on the river talent Instagram page now. Will be interesting to see if thr comment gets deleted. Does Fleur run that page?

Reactions: 11
To be honest with you if she’s currently on a flight she has quite easy access to WiFi, and I imagine she’d be in business class.. emirates have wifi, you have to pay but it’s a small amount, if she was really on edge about it she wouldn’t bear being 7 hours without access to her Instagram.. I have a feeling she’s waiting till she’s home so she can upload a story which makes it look like it’s all made up

Reactions: 16
To be honest with you if she’s currently on a flight she has quite easy access to WiFi, and I imagine she’d be in business class.. emirates have wifi, you have to pay but it’s a small amount, if she was really on edge about it she wouldn’t bear being 7 hours without access to her Instagram.. I have a feeling she’s waiting till she’s home so she can upload a story which makes it look like it’s all made up
It'll be something like 'hi guys sorry I didn't clear up those nasty rumours earlier. Been busy having a little break at home with my little family. In fact, we just finished a family fake tanning session.....'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
It would be so irritating if she did that :rolleyes:

She would have done that yesterday if she was actually home.

Reactions: 5
I don't really have an issue with it personally. If she has to test neg before she goes and then quarantines when she returns, she wouldn't really be putting anyone at risk. And in terms of irresponsible or unnecessary behavior during covid, that's a dime a dozen, with people not wearing masks, gathering and having parties, going to church services, etc. I can think of multiple people in my own life who haven't been following covid rules by having holiday gatherings and such. It sucks but it's a commonplace thing that it's hard to be outraged at any one person anymore. Even actions like making unnecessary trips to stores just because they're bored puts other people at risk, but I think many people do that. Not sure why going to Dubai in particular is such a big deal. Also, I don't think she has an obligation to tell people all the details of her life. Even though she's a youtuber, she still has her privacy.
It's not just about putting others at risk but also about potentially taking up hospital beds if they became ill from Covid.

Reactions: 24
What would be the opinion if she were to hold her hands up and say "I am really sorry guys, I fu**ed up??" ... not saying she will BTW just thinking out loud I guess!

Reactions: 7
This is why the YouTube/influencer life doesn’t appeal to me. Imagine spending your holiday with your daughter and husband on constant edge and glued to your phone deleting comments. You would be snappy with your kid as you watch the comments snowballing before you have time to delete them.

Just like Mrs Meldrum and Brummy mummy. Imagine spending your holiday In tears and every time you look back at those holiday pics in years to come getting that sinking feeling in your tummy

Reactions: 28
What would be the opinion if she were to hold her hands up and say "I am really sorry guys, I fu**ed up??" ... not saying she will BTW just thinking out loud I guess!
Hmmm good question. I would personally think she’s only sorry because she got caught 😂

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry but you can't compare going to church with going on holiday or having parties. It might not be important to you but to those of us who do practice religion it's not just a social gathering - that's really quite disrespectful.
How is it disrespectful? It being important to you doesn't affect the science that covid can be spread at church just like any other social gathering. In South Korea, multiple outbreaks were linked to church gatherings.

A negative test means literally nothing except that you either don’t have covid or the virus hasn’t yet taken hold right when you took the test
That's why people also have to quarantine when they travel.

Since March last year there have been multiple studies, articles and warnings about why travel (next to mass gatherings like parties) is more dangerous in a global pandemic than a masked trip to your local supermarket for eight minutes.
Can you link it? I actually recall seeing a few recent articles about how going to the grocery store is more dangerous than flying. I also remember the simulation video showing how cough particles can easily travel across aisles at a grocery store. But either way, going to the grocery store unnecessarily is equally irresponsible and shouldn't be done, yet many people do it. Doesn't excuse other people acting irresponsibly, but I also don't blame one person only. Someone who's acted 100% responsibly at all times during the pandemic is probably hard to come by, even among people who have legal obligations (like employers who ask certain employees to work even when they should be quarantining).

• Sick
Reactions: 6
It's not just about putting others at risk but also about potentially taking up hospital beds if they became ill from Covid.
100% and I hate to bring this up but at the capacity we are currently at, decisions may need to be made on who gets oxygen or a vent and a young, fit person would get priority over an older person or someone with underlying conditions. Very selfish.

Honestly too little too late. Covid isn’t new.

re: travel and quarantine, Dubai is in a travel corridor. No quarantine required. That still does not make it ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
This is why the YouTube/influencer life doesn’t appeal to me. Imagine spending your holiday with your daughter and husband on constant edge and glued to your phone deleting comments. You would be snappy with your kid as you watch the comments snowballing before you have time to delete them.

Just like Mrs Meldrum and Brummy mummy. Imagine spending your holiday In tears and every time you look back at those holiday pics in years to come getting that sinking feeling in your tummy
Honestly, traveling during a worldwide pandemic, leaving a country where a new mutant of the virus is causing thousands of more infections and deaths - feeling bad about an unnecessary holiday trip is a small price to pay

Reactions: 19
I’d respect that. tit loads of people have gone to Dubai recently and honestly it’s not even the travel that’s pissed me off; it’s the deliberate deceiving of her followers.

Reactions: 6
I’d respect that. tit loads of people have gone to Dubai recently and honestly it’s not even the travel that’s pissed me off; it’s the deliberate deceiving of her followers.

I kind of think it is her best /only option at this point ... even if she wouldn't have said anything had she not been caught.

Reactions: 5
The Dubai flight that I suspect she’s on is due to land early any minute now. Countdown to comments deleted in 3.. 2..

Reactions: 9
I also remember the simulation video showing how cough particles can easily travel across aisles at a grocery store. But either way, going to the grocery store unnecessarily is equally irresponsible and shouldn't be done, yet many people do it. Doesn't excuse other people acting irresponsibly, but I also don't blame one person only. Someone who's acted 100% responsibly at all times during the pandemic is probably hard to come by, even among people who have legal obligations
Oh, please. Going to the grocery store (necessary, food is required for survival) is definitely not the same as choosing to fly in a closed plane with recirculated air (not necessary, selfish) :ROFLMAO: . And then potentially infecting everyone you come in to contact with in Dubai, on the plane, at home, etc. What if she infects a hotel worker that doesn’t have access to good medical treatment?

Also, just because she SEEMS to have been following the rules so far doesn’t mean she actually has been. This shows she is more than capable of lying.

Reactions: 32
Personally I would be like 'fair enough'. They haven't done anything illegal. Their area was tier 2 and only put in tier 4 on NYE so if they travelled boxing day I can't say anything. The UK Boarders should be closed inward & outward with enforced quarantine like Australia is doing and until then people will travel unfortunately.

Yes its immoral but people make bad choices in life sometimes & i'm not going to be the jury, judge & executioner on someone's duck up. I haven't intentionally (or un-intentionally i think) broken any rules so not trying to justify my actions either.

The deleting of the comments & blocking definitely rubs me the wrong way though.

Reactions: 10
How is it disrespectful? It being important to you doesn't affect the science that covid can be spread at church just like any other social gathering. In South Korea, multiple outbreaks were linked to church gatherings.
No, I agree, which is why despite the latest lockdown rules stating that church services can go ahead, and despite it taking quite a toll on my mental health, I'm no longer attending. But you lumped it in with a list of things like parties and holidays which didn't sit right with me - the point I'm trying to make is that for some people church is not a frivolous pursuit like a party or holiday or pub trip, so I'm not convinced it needed including in your list of selfish things people do for entertainment.

Reactions: 11
Travelling right now is incredibly irresponsible and many people have sacrificed travelling to see family this year because of that (as have I). A negative test means literally nothing except that you either don’t have covid or the virus hasn’t yet taken hold right when you took the test. This whole idea that you can ‘test out’ of making the same sacrifices as others is so disgustingly privileged. I work in the nhs and I’m so sick of this kind of behaviour and justification by others of such behaviour. If you’re defending it, it comes across that you’ve either broken the rules or plan to and are not taking this pandemic which has now killed millions of people worldwide seriously. Influencers who travel right now and behave irresponsibly deserve any backlash they get.
But why single out testing and travel when there's a ton of people breaking rules left and right, without even testing? Logically speaking, someone who travels, tests, and quarantines both ways is probably not placing anyone at greater risk than someone who doesn't test and goes to the grocery store/church/restaurant/holiday gathering when they could be sick. In other words, how is NOT testing before going out unnecessarily better than testing? I actually thought it was worse when Fleur and her family went to that holiday lights place and ate in public and seemingly no one was wearing masks in that restaurant. I was actually surprised how no one mentioned that.

Reactions: 1
But why single out testing and travel when there's a ton of people breaking rules left and right, without even testing? Logically speaking, someone who travels, tests, and quarantines both ways is probably not placing anyone at greater risk than someone who doesn't test and goes to the grocery store/church/restaurant/holiday gathering when they could be sick. In other words, how is NOT testing before going out unnecessarily better than testing? I actually thought it was worse when Fleur and her family went to that holiday lights place and ate in public and seemingly no one was wearing masks in that restaurant. I was actually surprised how no one mentioned that.
Isn't it because she could potentially have been negative when tested but then picked up the virus from a worker in a shop at the airport when buying a magazine for the flight and then potentially have taken the new UK strain of Covid to the UAE?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.