Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for Fleur tonight (and anyone who is having fertility issues). Feel like there's been pregnancy announcements left, right and centre.
Yep, I avoided social media as much as I could around Christmas, and I still had someone put an announcement in a Christmas card. You just can't avoid it. It's heartbreaking, even though I understand it's illogical. It hits harder around this time period because the focus is on family and children as it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think the worst thing is hearing these youtubers talk about TTC.

Carys and James for one who I doubt Fleur cares about or knows of but they literally conceived within 3/4 months and yet talk about their TTC "journey". Carys went off the pill and told her viewers exactly when. Cried when she got her period 2 weeks later even though a full cycle hadn't run through yet and now talks as if she's been through it all. I find it so undermining and ignorant to those who are struggling with an actual TTC battle like Fleur.

I believe Elle Darby also mentioned her TTC but I haven't watched that, just going by her thread on here. She has openly stated she didnt want a child until married or engaged. She got in engaged literally a few months ago.

Reactions: 19
On a sidenote, does anyone else think that Fleur/Mike are struggling with disciplining River? Not trying to shame other people's parenting, but I'm just a bit shocked how they seemingly cater to every tantrum River starts to throw, based on what we've seen in the vlogs..

I don't have any kids, so I definitely don't know if this is normal, but keen to hear what everyone else thinks. Just hoping that doesn't make the girl grow up with an entitled attitude..
Yes it's normal, it's called picking your battles and EVERY SINGLE PARENT has had to deal with it (if a parent says no their child was amazing, don't believe them it's a lie and they know it) all kids will go through a spoilt brat phase (and I mean every single child, there is not one on this earth that won't go through the phase) so considering you do not have kids then maybe don't judge until you do and even then you should not because well you are not the parent of that child and you didn't give birth to them

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am more shocked by the presents from friends. Who does that at her age, and if you do, why more than a box of chocolates or something ? I clearly am not part of their rich circle of friends ;)
I really do think it may be due to the financial status tbh. My group of friends only arrange a Secret Santa and set a small price limit so I can't remember the last time we've had a lavish gift giving/receiving session. My last birthday most of my friends didn't even remember it, let alone bothering with expensive presents, so maybe I should find a way into her circle of friends as well 😂

Reactions: 12
I really do think it may be due to the financial status tbh. My group of friends only arrange a Secret Santa and set a small price limit so I can't remember the last time we've had a lavish gift giving/receiving session. My last birthday most of my friends didn't even remember it, let alone bothering with expensive presents, so maybe I should find a way into her circle of friends as well 😂
It’s definitely a money thing. For us normal folk, we buy gifts based on what we can afford within our income and budget. Their income is probably 10X ours, or actually 100x in Fleur and Mikes case. so they can afford to spend 10x on gifts. We spend a tenner on our friends, Fleur can afford 200/300 as easily as we can afford 5/10.

It wouldn’t work to be friends with people like that, as a normal person. Can you imagine the stress and awkwardness when they buy you a £100 necklace and you can only afford a box of thorntons in return? I couldn’t handle that at all! There’s a reason we tend to all stick together in our own lane. The class structure is fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t mind her ‘what I got for Christmas’ videos. But when it got to the mirror with the light thing and her stupid explanation for that really got to me. I mean she is crazy rich and she says she has been doing her makeup in the dark because the lighting in her bedroom sucks. Like what tit?!?!? So she means to tell us that having lived in that huge house for a few years she dint bother getting a decent light for her to do her makeup (She is a beauty influencer also right? Isn’t that like one of the essential things u need ). Why can’t she just tell us that she got sent that mirror light. I mean her audience isnt that daft!

I have watched all her bday gifts and Christmas gifts video from the start of her career and back then, gifts she showed us were actually genuinely given to her by family and friends. But from the past few years she is just fooling us with items that she actually got as a result of her partnerships with brands that she claims are gifts from friends and the like.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Yeah there's no way that Mike who usually gets her thousand-pounds designer handbags bought a makeup mirror this year 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Admittedly, if she did a gift video with £2000 handbags, there would probably be some backlash. Fleur knows she’s loaded and that she’s at risk of alienating her followers by showing too much of that.

She scales it back to appear relatable, ‘I saved up for this for ages’ ... and maybe many of her followers buy it. Most people don’t perhaps realise she has the wealth she does. It’s pretty obvious she’s wealthy, but she tries to hide how unbelievably wealthy she is. Most of us here are 😱 when we realise Mikes family owns Available Car. And that’s before you look up the accounts.

I think where she runs into trouble is she seems self conscious and embarrassed of her wealth. It’s not a bad thing, she’s not boastful and I appreciate that very much.

But the ‘I saved up’ and ‘we’re renovating slowly’ feels patronising to people who genuinely do have to wait years for a new kitchen or an overseas holiday.

I appreciate her attempts to be humble, and I think she has a genuine interest in shopping sustainably, but she has to tread carefully so as not to come across as patronising and insincere.

For every who loves the gin glasses but aren’t really wealthy... I’m from Ireland, those glasses are Waterford Crystal which is most expensive. You can get Galway Crystal which is the almost the same and it’s so much cheaper. They have similar gin glasses for around a tenner each.
I ordered 4 of these for my mum's birthday the day you posted this, thanks for the tip 🙏🏼🥰 They really are beautiful. I went for the Erne ones. Sorry for derailing 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone has commented on Fleur's latest post "saw you in Dubai, hope you had a great time!" (That's not a direct quote, I'm typing this on a different device)
If it's true, I must admit, I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought she was following the rules fairly diligently. Overseas travel for pleasure right now is so irresponsible and unnecessary.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Idk, I can't see Fleur going to Dubai right now. I think she's genuinely following the rules.

Never mind the fact that Fleur doesn't seem like the Dubai type. Dubai seems to be the go to place for people who want to party and pretend to appear rich-the actual rich people don't go on holidays like that.

Someone has commented on Fleur's latest post "saw you in Dubai, hope you had a great time!" (That's not a direct quote, I'm typing this on a different device)
If it's true, I must admit, I'm surprised and disappointed. I thought she was following the rules fairly diligently. Overseas travel for pleasure right now is so irresponsible and unnecessary.
I just saw this too & the person who has commented doesn't look like someone who would be trolling at all... if she did go she has kept it very quiet on purpose!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
How could that ever be possible? Isn't the UK in lockdown?

Reactions: 1
It seems strange to delete the comment if it isn’t true. Surely she would reply saying it wasn’t her, instead?

Reactions: 5
I don’t think Dubai is her scene at all, but I’d be really disappointed if she did go. I hope she addresses it.

Reactions: 13
How could that ever be possible? Isn't the UK in lockdown?
There was a 'travel corridor' with Dubai providing you were living in an area in Tier 3 or less, although I think the advice was still not to travel unless it was essential.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.