Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t usually post on here but I just saw Fleur’s new video and I am SO disappointed. I actually have a nose that is pretty much identical to Fleur’s and I have some small insecurities about it, but knowing that (in my opinion) Fleur still looked pretty and confident with her nose, made me feel much better about mine. I actually burst into tears when I saw the thumbnail as I was so shocked and it really touched a nerve I didn’t realise was so raw. I really wish influencers would promote being comfortable in your own skin, without needles or scalpels. I know it is her own choice, but I wish we would celebrate our differences more. Not every nose has to be perfectly straight, not every smile needs to be the same bright white perfectly aligned one and not every figure needs to have the same perfect curves. There is beauty in imperfection, but having influencers constantly push all their tweaks and nips and tucks makes it really hard for their audience to not start to question their own image too.
A few years ago, after Lydia Millen had her nose done, I seriously researched the procedure for myself. I then gradually built my confidence back and didn’t really think about it often, especially as I’m not a huge fan of Lydia’s image so didn’t really feel like her appearance was reflective of what I wanted for myself. However I am a long time watcher of Fleur (must be nearly 10 years) and always felt aligned to her as we have fairly similar backgrounds and I would say even look very alike so this feels very different for me.
Sorry this has been a bit of a ramble and might be hormonal as I am 6 weeks pregnant. Anyway I’d be keen to hear everyone else’s thoughts on her decision to change her nose.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
No, she literally says it's something she did the previous week. It's a non-surgical nose job. And apparently "the aim of the game" was that it'd look the same from the front. Seems pointless then to me but guess her profile really bothered her.
Ah, okay. Thanks. I stopped watching her around Dubaigate and her nose looks the same to me now as it did then.

Reactions: 7
Ah, okay. Thanks. I stopped watching her around Dubaigate and her nose looks the same to me now as it did then.
You can't see a difference from the front, the side look is very different. She went from having a little hook nose, to having a straight nose.

Sorry this has been a bit of a ramble and might be hormonal as I am 6 weeks pregnant. Anyway I’d be keen to hear everyone else’s thoughts on her decision to change her nose.
First of, so sorry this impacted you so much.

I thought she actually handled it pretty well, she discussed not wanting to influence young people, she literally waited all her 20s because of this. Most of her viewers are adults now, according to her, so this was why she chose to stop denying herself something she wanted. She also didn't say her nose made her ugly, but she felt insecure even when people said it wasn't bad and she acknowledged it wasn't that bad, but she still didn't like it and spent years hiding it. Which is totally fair, it might not be the worst nose ever but she still didn't want it. She shouldn't have to stop herself doing something she wants, and which is harming no one (unlike her Dubai trip, cough) just because other people have placed expectations on her and feel relief that a "celeb" isn't perfect. Yeah, not everyone has to have a straight nose, and plenty of people are happy and gorgeous without one. But *she* wasn't. I didn't feel she was "pushing" anything on her viewers, either. She just explained her own situation and how she felt and why she got this procedure, period. It wasn't even a sponsored or PR video.

I feel weird defending Fleur, but I really think that on this case, she handled it well. She needed to have a video discussing it because otherwise viewers would speculate and then say she felt ashamed of having gotten it, etc. So she did. It's a bit of a damned if she did, damned if she didn't situation. But I for one am happy for her. I know what it's like to dislike your nose and not do anything about it (in my case I wouldn't risk surgery for my vanity) so good for her that she found a solution. She's pretty both before and after the procedure but she feels better after and in the end that's what matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54
You can't see a difference from the front, the side look is very different. She went from having a little hook nose, to having a straight nose.

First of, so sorry this impacted you so much.

I thought she actually handled it pretty well, she discussed not wanting to influence young people, she literally waited all her 20s because of this. Most of her viewers are adults now, according to her, so this was why she chose to stop denying herself something she wanted. She also didn't say her nose made her ugly, but she felt insecure even when people said it wasn't bad and she acknowledged it wasn't that bad, but she still didn't like it and spent years hiding it. Which is totally fair, it might not be the worst nose ever but she still didn't want it. She shouldn't have to stop herself doing something she wants, and which is harming no one (unlike her Dubai trip, cough) just because other people have placed expectations on her and feel relief that a "celeb" isn't perfect. Yeah, not everyone has to have a straight nose, and plenty of people are happy and gorgeous without one. But *she* wasn't. I didn't feel she was "pushing" anything on her viewers, either. She just explained her own situation and how she felt and why she got this procedure, period. It wasn't even a sponsored or PR video.

I feel weird defending Fleur, but I really think that on this case, she handled it well. She needed to have a video discussing it because otherwise viewers would speculate and then say she felt ashamed of having gotten it, etc. So she did. It's a bit of a damned if she did, damned if she didn't situation. But I for one am happy for her. I know what it's like to dislike your nose and not do anything about it (in my case I wouldn't risk surgery for my vanity) so good for her that she found a solution. She's pretty both before and after the procedure but she feels better after and in the end that's what matters.
Thank you for this. I haven’t actually watched the video as I still feel a bit upset but I see from your post that it’s not really fair for me to be upset with her, as it is her own decision and by the sounds of things she has done the video in as responsible a way as possible.

Reactions: 10
Thank you for this. I haven’t actually watched the video as I still feel a bit upset but I see from your post that it’s not really fair for me to be upset with her, as it is her own decision and by the sounds of things she has done the video in as responsible a way as possible.
Happy it helped! I'm sure others will have more opinions on it, and maybe differing ones, but I felt like the video went as well as it possibly could have, you know? She seemed pretty open, even mentioned the cost (700 pounds, crikey) and how she went with the doctor that made her feel comfortable, not the cheapest one. So, yeah, I mean, sounds like it was a well thought out personal decision, and she emphasized that.

I'd definitely wait to watch until you've read more opinions and maybe you feel a bit better (I hear you on the hormonal thing, not pregnant, just PMSing over here hahaha).

I don't know you but I'm sure you're beautiful, regardless of how you perceive your nose. Perfection and flaws and everything have gotten extra complicated in social media times, so we all need to do what's right for us. Sending good thoughts your way!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy it helped! I'm sure others will have more opinions on it, and maybe differing ones, but I felt like the video went as well as it possibly could have, you know? She seemed pretty open, even mentioned the cost (700 pounds, crikey) and how she went with the doctor that made her feel comfortable, not the cheapest one. So, yeah, I mean, sounds like it was a well thought out personal decision, and she emphasized that.

I'd definitely wait to watch until you've read more opinions and maybe you feel a bit better (I hear you on the hormonal thing, not pregnant, just PMSing over here hahaha).

I don't know you but I'm sure you're beautiful, regardless of how you perceive your nose. Perfection and flaws and everything have gotten extra complicated in social media times, so we all need to do what's right for us. Sending good thoughts your way!
Thank you so much, I will try and watch it later and perhaps when I see her reasoning for myself it will be easier to digest. Sometimes beauty standards can feel overwhelming, especially as now everyone has access to these procedures (budget allowing). It feels like there is no excuse for not meeting the perfect beauty ideal these days, as technically it is attainable to an extent if you have the means and are willing to undergo the procedures. It’s a shame to feel so much pressure about our looks when it really should be one of the least important aspects of ourselves!

Reactions: 5
Fleur is really not happy with how she looks, is she? New teeth, new nose and masses of botox. What's next? Fleur often speaks of being unhappy. She seems unfulfilled with what she has, even though what she has is a lot; more than most. Maybe she's just bored. It's possible she's just one of these people who'll never be happy no matter how much she has. It's why she had to jet off to Dubai in the middle of a pandemic; her grand estate just wasn't enough for her. Same goes for her face - she'll keep tweaking it, and still, it'll never be quite right.

ETA: Just had a quick look into the future and found a picture of Fleur in 20 years time. Yikes!

Screenshot_2021-05-23-17-13-29-1.png

Is the new nose permanent or will she have to get it 'topped up' from time to time? (Haven't watched the video).

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Truly there so many things going on right now that I’m finding it hard to be interested in superficial bullshit. I mean she’s no stranger to injectables so it’s really no surprise 🤷🏼‍♀️ Usually once you do one thing you want to do more, slippery slope and all that. Do whatever you want to your face if you think it will make you happy.

Unfortunately if you don’t work on what going on on the inside no amount of work will fix things for you. Constantly comparing yourself to others only makes things worse and these influencers have a real problem with that. She has a lot to be grateful for and should focus on that.

The video was fine, she explained it well. She did her research and seems aware of how Lydia has been left with a giant bulbous nose full of filler and avoided that Dr. If nothing else the £700 investment, for maybe one year of her dream nose before it migrates elsewhere, will be great for getting her views up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Like everything she does, good reasons were given and she was well-spoken, but underneath it all, she manages to be incredibly holier than thou about “waiting” and finding the right doctor.

I mean, she’d never be dumb enough to say she was waiting until she could justify spending 700 pounds every few months or that she was so sad about not being able to vacation that she thought it was time to treat herself.

• Heart
I really don't see the point in these filler nose jobs. I mean, I guess they might be a good idea to try once to see if you like the look of your 'new' nose before committing to a full-on surgical nose job, but the YouTubers like Lydia just keep on having to have top-ups, which is ultimately a waste of money. Also, who knows what the long-term effects of injecting all that filler will be? Like everything else they do, it's superficial and unsustainable for most people. In ten or twenty years, most of these YouTubers are going to be more plastic than human.

That's a lot of money to be spending every 4-6 months for a top up. Or even if it's yearly.

Reactions: 4
I’ve honestly never, ever noticed an issue with Fleur’s nose. All power to her but I think it’s so sad how warped our perception of beauty has become.

Reactions: 16
She can temporarily fix her hooked nose but all I can see now is a selfish and stupid person and that could never be beautiful to me.

Reactions: 18
I always wonder what people who get surgery like this think about their kids having those same features. Like “oh sorry little bug, mummy used to have the same shaped nose as you but I hated it so much that I got crap injected in to my face”. Cue a major complex.

Reactions: 25
That's a lot of money to be spending every 4-6 months for a top up. Or even if it's yearly.
Like it makes sense if you are getting it done so you can feel more confident and look good for your graduation photos or wedding photos or something liek that, but seems like too much of an effort to do every year esp when people like Lydia get theirs over filled and now has a sausage for a nose

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Every 4-6 months?! I wonder if she got this done just to see how it would look before she gets it permanently altered? Then again, it's not like she can't afford the upkeep.

Reactions: 3
Every 4-6 months?! I wonder if she got this done just to see how it would look before she gets it permanently altered? Then again, it's not like she can't afford the upkeep.
I'm just guessing how long the filler lasts based on lip filler & botox.
I didn't watch the video so not sure if she said it a once off to see what it looks like, or if it's a test before getting a regular nose job, or if she will keep topping it up. You're right she can def afford it!

Reactions: 3
She said about 12 months for the first top up, and longer for the rest but I've no idea if that's accurate.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.