Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay but let’s talk about the very important subject of her curtains (lol). Am I missing something? Is it fashionable to have your curtains a foot too long and bunched up all over the floor? It looks awful in my opinion. In her stories she kept talking about how she likes them like that, and to each their own, but I do not get it.

Reactions: 22
I don’t live in the UK but our state has been on lockdown for almost a year. Our gov just announced maybe opening back up June 30. But I have known people who have traveled this whole time. I honestly don’t give a flip about her going to Dubai. She isn’t the only one who went, I understand why they wanted to go, I understand why she wanted to keep it private, it’s just a nonissue for me. People keep bringing it up like she is the only person who traveled or lied about it, move on! Throwing it back at her over and over is pointless and it was months ago.

I have had miscarriages and took time off work to grieve and not have people looking at me and asking about it. I don’t blame her for being sensitive for that. She has a gorgeous daughter but we don’t know how her miscarriages are affecting her mental health.Maybe that was why they decided to go to Dubai and escape their daily lives. Sitting in your house (no matter how grand) and grieving while losing a baby would make anyone want a change of scenery. Her life is online and parts of it very public, but that is so tender and painful and not something you want 100,000 of your closest friends involved in intimately.

Reactions: 24
I don’t live in the UK but our state has been on lockdown for almost a year. Our gov just announced maybe opening back up June 30. But I have known people who have traveled this whole time. I honestly don’t give a flip about her going to Dubai. She isn’t the only one who went, I understand why they wanted to go, I understand why she wanted to keep it private, it’s just a nonissue for me. People keep bringing it up like she is the only person who traveled or lied about it, move on! Throwing it back at her over and over is pointless and it was months ago.

I have had miscarriages and took time off work to grieve and not have people looking at me and asking about it. I don’t blame her for being sensitive for that. She has a gorgeous daughter but we don’t know how her miscarriages are affecting her mental health.Maybe that was why they decided to go to Dubai and escape their daily lives. Sitting in your house (no matter how grand) and grieving while losing a baby would make anyone want a change of scenery. Her life is online and parts of it very public, but that is so tender and painful and not something you want 100,000 of your closest friends involved in intimately.
Tbh I don’t think she should have gone to Dubai in a pandemic no matter what. On a human level I get why she did but I saw a woman on Channel 4 news living alone with terminal cancer during full lockdown & we’ve all seen many other stories. But at this stage what is done is done & I don’t agree with anyone leaving her comments about it.
She wasn’t the only one of course. But still. Thousands of people arrived in Ireland from the UK at Christmas. That decision literally killed people. Again on a human level lots of Irish people are lonely in the UK. It doesn’t make it ok.

I’m very sorry to hear about your miscarriages. It’s not that I don’t have empathy for her I do very much so. Yes I imagine being stuck in the same thing & dealing with miscarriages was wrecking her head, & Dubai was a pressure release.

I expect she will have another baby. I’m sure she doubts that but she has access to the best of the best medical care so she has a great chance.

Reactions: 13
"Keeping it private" and "Posting a New Year photo of myself in the garden and saying I cancelled our UK holiday due to travel being too risky" aren't the same thing.

There are pages and pages from the time so I don't want to rehash it all but the lying, pretending she didn't know what tier she was in, and total non-apology hidden on the insta post (which was quickly bumped down) is what annoyed people. And made people question whether she was in fact sticking to regulations in all those Lockdown Vlogs, which she was gaining a good following on.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Dubai was an issue because she actively tried to make it look like she was in the U.K. One rule for them, another for the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Dubai was an issue because she actively tried to make it look like she was in the U.K. One rule for them, another for the rest of us.
Who are “them” and “us”. Anybody can choose to break a rule, break a law. Lots of people who have travelled during Covid aren’t wealthy.

Reactions: 6

What a terrible take. No one deserves a holiday because of anything they were going through. Do you think her having “a change of scenery” to make herself feel better (about something which you are purely speculating about - but for the purposes of this post let’s assume you’re right) is more important than people who could have actually died because of her actions? As was said many times, if she wanted a “change of scenery” she could’ve visited another part of her massive country estate. Perhaps she could’ve even ventured in to one of the rooms in her mansion that she’s never been in before! And to think that I’m not even exaggerating here.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Okay but let’s talk about the very important subject of her curtains (lol). Am I missing something? Is it fashionable to have your curtains a foot too long and bunched up all over the floor? It looks awful in my opinion. In her stories she kept talking about how she likes them like that, and to each their own, but I do not get it.
I hate it too, they are too thick and will never be crease-free and clean, especially with those non-behaved dogs. The germophobe in me cringes everytime when I see them rolling over the beddings or couches.
Regarding the pregnancy thing, I admit that I really thought she was, if I am being too curious, my bad. Like some of you said, she is an online personality, so she has to be aware of the fact that people will always speculate. Misscarriages are sad, but she doesn't bother changing her lifestyle habits (alcohol, coffeine, mostly vegan diet), does not bother with fixing any of her mistakes, but when someone mentions a baby, she is a victim all of a sudden. It is sad, but she has a healthy child, every other thing she wanted, yet is such a brat. When she became pregnant with River, she bragged about her carefree pregnancy, when the baby was born, she bragged of her being the best baby ever, so good, yet she could not wait to leave her to Mike and fly to States. She now got a taste of her own medicine, that's how many other women felt watching her being so ignorant about all of the good things in her life.
I am sure she will eventually have another child, I wish all the best for her, but I do feel there is something more to that story than we see. Even now, she doesn't seem too maternal to me and sometimes, she doesn't even seem too convincing about a topic of another baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate it too, they are too thick and will never be crease-free and clean, especially with those non-behaved dogs. The germophobe in me cringes everytime when I see them rolling over the beddings or couches.
Regarding the pregnancy thing, I admit that I really thought she was, if I am being too curious, my bad. Like some of you said, she is an online personality, so she has to be aware of the fact that people will always speculate. Misscarriages are sad, but she doesn't bother changing her lifestyle habits (alcohol, coffeine, mostly vegan diet), does not bother with fixing any of her mistakes, but when someone mentions a baby, she is a victim all of a sudden. It is sad, but she has a healthy child, every other thing she wanted, yet is such a brat. When she became pregnant with River, she bragged about her carefree pregnancy, when the baby was born, she bragged of her being the best baby ever, so good, yet she could not wait to leave her to Mike and fly to States. She now got a taste of her own medicine, that's how many other women felt watching her being so ignorant about all of the good things in her life.
I am sure she will eventually have another child, I wish all the best for her, but I do feel there is something more to that story than we see. Even now, she doesn't seem too maternal to me and sometimes, she doesn't even seem too convincing about a topic of another baby.
I couldn’t agree more with this. Also, to add to my last post, my closest friend had to put her fertility treatment on hold - in the first instance because she works in a front line medical job dealing with covid patients, in an understaffed hospital, and then secondly so that she was able to get the vaccine safely to protect her patients and those she comes in to contact with. She has a number of friends in the medical profession in similar situations, where they’ve had to put fertility treatment on hold (or make a decision to hold off on trying to get pregnant because it’s not safe with their jobs).

So no, I don’t think selfish princess Fleur in her mega mansion and fake job ‘deserved’ a holiday to Dubai to deal with the stress of her fertility issues. Especially not when her and her family doing stupid stuff like that prolongs the fertility struggles of those working the front line - with her contributing to making the situation worse and their jobs harder! I wonder if she cares about the women in that situation? I really highly doubt it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Who are “them” and “us”. Anybody can choose to break a rule, break a law. Lots of people who have travelled during Covid aren’t wealthy.
Specifically about Dubai last Christmas, the furore was fuelled by wealthy influencers jetting off there while most of the British public did as they were told and stayed at home.

Why would you get made to measure curtains that are too long? Even if it is fashionable it would look stupid to lots of people I think especially if she is going for a classic style.

If she would like there to be less speculation about pregnancy I'd suggest not posting 4 pictures in a row of her sitting down with her hands covering her stomach while wearing an unflattering smock style dress. I don't think she has put on serious weight as someone said but she has put on some weight. Its only natural that someone would spot it. I'd never message her about it though.

Reactions: 13
Influencers. Did you honestly miss the reams of articles about, specificially, instagram posers going to Dubai in December when we could all tell we were heading for a January lockdown? And not just in the Daily Mail.

At the end of the day, she has made her living online and she has made it abundantly clear that she picks and chooses what she listens to (god knows she ignores any criticism or anything that might hurt her bank account levels), so she could ignore this. She could even mute words etc if she wanted.

She keeps harping on about other people making her feel bad. Also, I’m sure there are so many women struggling to conceive any children at all and seeing her complain when she has a beautiful toddler running around the home. She spends too much time moaning about what she doesn’t have rather than actually being grateful for what she does (in a sincere way and not for the gram). Do you think she cares about other women who haven’t been able to have any children at all? I doubt it. Do you think she will hold back from flaunting a pregnancy everywhere if she does have another? I doubt it.
This! Im sure it is hard for her to want more kids but she is so lucky she has River. So many people would just be so over the moon to have one kid and they can't. Not saying she can't be sad but she's very lucky and she should be grateful. I've heard people say stuff like "my family will be completed once we have our third kid" and I'm always like why not be thankful that you already have two healthy kids? What is this focus on some perfect number? How would you feel if you heard your parent say that, makes it sound like they aren't enough? especially when there are so many people out there who can't have kids.

I have some empathy for her, but it is hard for me to actually feel actually sad for her. She's got a huge property, a job full of freebies, a healthy kid, a husband and a seemingly loving relationship, and so much privilege. Honestly this sounds like the first time she hasn't gotten what she wanted when she wanted it and I think thats a good lesson for all of us to realize that we can't control everything that happens in our lives.

Reactions: 27
Now completely off topic, but why does she always wear jeans around the house?

And that poor kid, always in preppy, pretty tops, dresses and jeans, let her be a freaking child in sweatpants.

Reactions: 4
I think it's because she subscribes to the opposite of the "take one thing off before you leave the house" Coco Chanel rule. Dressed down for Fleur is jeans, top, flouncy shirt, "only" 3 necklaces. Dressed up is massive midi-dress, belt, boots, leather jacket and 5 necklaces.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wonder if they’re at the point of IVF, and if so, if they’d ever share their journey. I appreciate that it’s such a private issue, but it would be interesting to hear, though I wonder if they’d be put off sharing because I assumed they’d go private rather than NHS.

I have unexplained infertility and have been trying for longer than Fleur and would have moved onto IVF a long time ago if my circumstances were as privileged as hers!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven’t followed Fleur for a while so I could be completely wrong but I thought her problems were miscarriages, rather than the ability to actually get pregnant, in which case I don’t know if IVF would help?
Apologies if I’m on the wrong track, I appreciate this is a sensitive topic.

Reactions: 7
You can have genetic screening of the embyos pre-implantation so it can help, depending on the cause of the miscarriages.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.