Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that's super interesting i didn't know that, i thought Mike's family lived in that house for generations the way she makes it sounds. i would love to see photos of the house through some listing if anyone has it, just for my own fascination with old estates and real estate. I live in another continent and coudlnt' care less about her location.
I agree she's got a very Noveau riche feel about her and that makes sense. when did her parents make money? was she born wealthy or was it acquired as she grew up? i wonder.
I can't post the name of the house as I'll be giving away Fleur's address, but if you Google 'Fleur De Force + Hall' you'll find it pretty easily. It's on 120 acres and dates from the 1820's. Both Fleur and Mike's families are in used car sales.

Reactions: 9
This racism allegation is ridiculous. There is zero proof that Fleur prejudiced against people of colour i.e. that she has actually treated someone differently on that basis.
It was never a racism allegation. I always take those comments to be just trash talk on a trash forum. The problem I have is instead of everyone moving on, there’s always back and forth that derails the real criticisms. Then it just becomes all about speculation and some feeling the need to defend the integrity of the forum. Then any Dubai discussion is buried three threads deep. It’s almost like Fleur throws those allegations out herself.

The nouveau riche thing always gets me as well. Jesus Christ, this girl has been bathing in money since she was born. Do you think she’d trade the actual real dollar wealth she has for any abstract higher class status? I don’t know, where I come from, 99% of my problems would be solved with money. I’d take her tacky sense of style if it meant I could be that rich.

Reactions: 8
The nouveau riche thing always gets me as well. Jesus Christ, this girl has been bathing in money since she was born. Do you think she’d trade the actual real dollar wealth she has for any abstract higher class status? I don’t know, where I come from, 99% of my problems would be solved with money. I’d take her tacky sense of style if it meant I could be that rich.
I totally see what you mean but I do think it is good to understand that she wasn't always as rich as she is now because people seemed to think she was more respectable because her wealth before she did YouTube. I still maintain that with all the money both families have she still is very much in need of the money that being an influencer brings in, as it makes her lifestyle that bit nicer and she can do up the house nicer with that extra help. Otherwise why would she bother at this stage.

Reactions: 4
Although Fleur and Mike seem to have been given the manor we don't know what other income they each get from their families. Obviously Mike will get a large salary from being CEO of Available Car and Fleur has income from social media but other than that we don't really know how much they receive.
I would assume that both their families probably set up trust funds for them as they have the money to do so.

Reactions: 7
I totally see what you mean but I do think it is good to understand that she wasn't always as rich as she is now because people seemed to think she was more respectable because her wealth before she did YouTube. I still maintain that with all the money both families have she still is very much in need of the money that being an influencer brings in, as it makes her lifestyle that bit nicer and she can do up the house nicer with that extra help. Otherwise why would she bother at this stage.
I definitely get that perspective. To me, it was always about the perks (travel and freebies), and about staying relevant. We all know how she almost burst into tears about missing a Jo Malone press trip when she was pregnant. I don’t think it’s ever been about the money, it’s about the novelty and surprise of getting gifts in the mail and getting to socialize outside the Manor. We all know how much she loves Christmas, and her life is one big Christmas holiday.

I also think “working” gives her some sort of validation. Like an excuse to say she is a working mother.

Reactions: 19
Westaway Motors was founded by what was probably Fleur's great-grandad in the 40s so I think it's safe to say they had a few million in the bank before she was born.

I also agree it's mainly the freebies and trips - it's not the same post-Covid but she got ridiculous press trips like "Fly to Chicago to test a curling iron in the Windy City".

Reactions: 20
Although Fleur and Mike seem to have been given the manor we don't know what other income they each get from their families. Obviously Mike will get a large salary from being CEO of Available Car and Fleur has income from social media but other than that we don't really know how much they receive.
I would assume that both their families probably set up trust funds for them as they have the money to do so.
I don't think fleur's family are trust fund wealthy. Very rich but not that rich.

Reactions: 3
She doesn't make her living from being an influencer but certainly is greedy enough to try to get that affiliate comision any time she cans from everything and make ads of items that has nothing to do with her content.
She is extremely stingy so she loves all the freebies especially the luxe ones, she loves all the events, pr trips and special treatments influencers get, it came to a point that she didn't mind leaving few months old River to go on several press trips, it was obvious on her videos back then how much she hated being a mum.
She loves being relevant that people admire her and top brands wanted to work with her although those days I guess are gone after covid and after the disaster of Dubai gate.
She will keep doing this because is a way to escape to her reality, living in a huge house in the middle of nowhere, no real job, and the pressure of having to breed babies to keep Mike and the family happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What the hell do y’all think Hannah does for money? Sure her husbands probably wealthy, but probably not like the old money standards that y’all have lol. They’re still living good, not working lol.

Reactions: 5
What the hell do y’all think Hannah does for money? Sure her husbands probably wealthy, but probably not like the old money standards that y’all have lol. They’re still living good, not working lol.
Hannah's married to Dan Haigh, a musician and producer. He was in a band with Alex, Hannah and Fleur's brother.

She used to have an events company, I remember this from Fleur's wedding prep. But don't know if she still does since that was when she lived in London and she and her family moved a few years ago.

Pretty sure she's a stay-at-home mum nowadays, but could be wrong.

Reactions: 6
The nouveau riche thing always gets me as well. It always comes across to me as something people without money say to still have some form of criticism about another person’s wealth. “She’s rich. Yeah, but she's only nouveau riche.” It’s kind of petty, especially if we’re not in those circles to begin with. I’d happily be nouveau riche.

If by some definition they’re nouveau riche, they’re certainly not reality star or footballer’s wife nouveau riche. And I suppose even Prince William married a nouveau riche.

She is the definition of a spoilt sheep: “Buuuuut all my friends are doing it!”

Also, without wanting to get into a vaccine debate, none of us truly know the efficacy of these vaccines. That’s not to say they’re useless (I’m double-jabbed, tbf) but none of us know what we might transmit, etc. Maybe Fleur doesn’t think it’s a risk, but please don’t use two vaccinations as as excuse to go on your flights of whimsy.
I know of a few folk who have been double vaccinated caught covid were in bed for 10 days very ill but they are on the mend now. 2 vaccines stops you dying of it. But doesn’t stop you getting ill or passing it on. This year is still not a good idea to go abroad better a stay cation in the UK

Reactions: 7
Hannah's married to Dan Haigh, a musician and producer. He was in a band with Alex, Hannah and Fleur's brother.

She used to have an events company, I remember this from Fleur's wedding prep. But don't know if she still does since that was when she lived in London and she and her family moved a few years ago.

Pretty sure she's a stay-at-home mum nowadays, but could be wrong.
Yup, she’s a stay at home mom. What I meant is that we all know the Westaway children had comfortable nest eggs to set them up for life, with or without their spouses.

Dan is in his 40s and is still doing music and co-owns a production company. Pretty sure nearly 20 years into his career, that's enough to pay some bills as his contribution.

I always wondered where the deposit for The Hemploe came from, their first house. Probs not Mike' fam if they were planning on giving them the hall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m not a follower of Fleur but her post with Piggy came up on my discover feed on IG and am I reading right....Piggy hasn’t been out the house for 2 years?!?! Yet she has taken her other two dogs out on plenty of trips and walks as she has pictures and videos of them on her profile. I’m shocked if that’s the case, unless Piggy is sick there’s no reason why she can’t enjoy life as much as the other dogs.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a follower of Fleur but her post with Piggy came up on my discover feed on IG and am I reading right....Piggy hasn’t been out the house for 2 years?!?! Yet she has taken her other two dogs out on plenty of trips and walks as she has pictures and videos of them on her profile. I’m shocked if that’s the case, unless Piggy is sick there’s no reason why she can’t enjoy life as much as the other dogs.
Piggy is a small dog living in a mansion on a grand estate. I think she’ll be ok! 😂

Reactions: 16
She just means it's Piggy's first outing off the (120 acre) Estate in 2 years. Piggy is always out and about - and running off. She's gone "missing" a few times, if I recall. By "missing" I mean she was still somewhere on the grounds but it's taken hours to track her down.

Reactions: 22
Piggy is a small dog living in a mansion on a grand estate. I think she’ll be ok! 😂
Really? Please don’t have pets if you think this is okay. Not walking your dog for 2 years is pure negligence.

Regardless of size, every dog needs exercise, mental and physical stimulation to have a happy life. Dachshunds may be small but they still require walks and can become destructive and depressed if they don’t get the necessary exercise they need. 🤦🏻‍♀️

She just means it's Piggy's first outing off the (120 acre) Estate in 2 years. Piggy is always out and about - and running off. She's gone "missing" a few times, if I recall. By "missing" I mean she was still somewhere on the grounds but it's taken hours to track her down.
she still needs to be walked regardless of how big her garden is. They need to experience new sights and smells. Imagine how bored the poor dog is, no wonder it runs off! 🙄

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.