Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started watching Fleur when she lived at the cottage with Mike and I maintain she was one of the OG ones who took longer than most to turn into a QVC presenter. It was all pretty ugly but she used to buy her own outlet bags, hauls from Clothes Show Live, Rebecca Minkoff bags when she visited Ingrid. There was no such thing as paid insta stories. We're talking 10 years ago. I actually think the first time she really showed her true self was her engagement video - she's been a spoiled nightmare ever since she became a Bell.
I think back in the day, like yeah a decade ago, influencers tried to pretend harder that they were "one of us". Some of us were actually one of us back then, like Zoe Sugg or Tanya Burr before they got on the YT gravy train. Fleur's always been well off, she went to a fancy sixth form, went to LSE, etc. I'm sure she's always been spoiled but she tried to act like she wasn't. Now she's just done actng.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, pretty sure she didn't mention the free cottage was on the grounds of Mike's family's manor house...

Reactions: 15
When she was still single she used to look normal almost chavvy, remember the bedrooms she used to film in, she had cheap furniture and looked messy all the time, her "makeup and perfume collection" didn't have expensive brands at all, I really doubt she really grew up in wealth I think her parents managed to make they "fortune" in the past years and just invested on expensive education so she and Hannah would catch a rich husband. She really upgraded her lifestyle and even her look once the diamond got in her finger.

Reactions: 10
That's ridiculous to call someone a racist because they have no friends of colour. All my friends are white. That wasn't a conscious decision, more that I've met my friends through my school, university, work and my children's school and these have all been predominantly white places. I wouldn't choose friends on the colour of their skin but whether we got on well. Am I supposed to hunt out friends of colour to prove I'm not racist? Many of my daughter's friends are from Indian families because they are in her class at school.
She spent her uni years in LONDON, works in marketing which I'm sure exposes her to people of different colours and backgrounds. And yet, I have never seen her rubbing elbows with anyone of colour.

Reactions: 10
When she was still single she used to look normal almost chavvy, remember the bedrooms she used to film in, she had cheap furniture and looked messy all the time, her "makeup and perfume collection" didn't have expensive brands at all, I really doubt she really grew up in wealth I think her parents managed to make they "fortune" in the past years and just invested on expensive education so she and Hannah would catch a rich husband. She really upgraded her lifestyle and even her look once the diamond got in her finger.
Nah they definitely grew up rich, they went to Rugby and grew up living in huge homes. Fleur's lifestyle has only seen an upgrade because Mike's family is a lot richer than Fleur's family, but she definitely grew up in a lot of wealth.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes!

Check out around 1.30.

Edit - don't think the link works but it's her depotting Primer Potion video.

She spent her uni years in LONDON, works in marketing which I'm sure exposes her to people of different colours and backgrounds. And yet, I have never seen her rubbing elbows with anyone of colour.
Works in marketing? Don't be daft. Goes for networking dinner with Jo Malone along with 6 other white rich girls you mean. Influencer opportunities are much more numerous if you're white but that is the beauty industry's fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’m a few days late but her latest reel came up on my explore page on IG, I don’t follow her anymore, and WOW. She’s showing off how skinny she is (which is all it is an excuse to do) with a reel of her in children’s sizes? Is this normal?! What kind of weird message is that sending? Is it just me?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
You can only say that she used to be quite close to Jo Malone which it's a racist brand from the terrible pr team (x10 more snobby that Fleur) to the scandal when they changed the black model for an Asian one to advertise their products in Asia.

Reactions: 1
Works in marketing? Don't be daft. Goes for networking dinner with Jo Malone along with 6 other white rich girls you mean. Influencer opportunities are much more numerous if you're white but that is the beauty industry's fault.
She's an influencer which involves marketing products to her followers. How is that being daft?

I’m a few days late but her latest reel came up on my explore page on IG, I don’t follow her anymore, and WOW. She’s showing off how skinny she is (which is all it is an excuse to do) with a reel of her in children’s sizes? Is this normal?! What kind of weird message is that sending? Is it just me?
I thought the same watching this

Reactions: 4
Was she ever single while youtubing? She was always with Mike, I think.

Reactions: 7
She's an influencer which involves marketing products to her followers. How is that being daft?
That's not "working in marketing" in London. When is she ever being exposed to a wide range of people who aren't also beauty vloggers? She has never worked in an office with colleagues. If anything she's the target of the people who actually work in marketing, like magazine beauty editors used to be. The only people she rubs shoulders with are the shiny PR people who organise her jollies.

Honestly, I get it, she has friends who basically reflect herself back to her, but I'm not really sure saying she's racist because she's never befriended people of colour through her very solitary job in a very white industry is fair.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Let's be honest she always lived in a very plastic unrealistic world she doesn't even mix with white working middle class people. She always moaned in a bratty way about how much she hated her time in LSE. In fact her life is quite solitary except for her family and friends from high school she doesn't really hang out with anyone just other influencers when she is basically obligated because they share a brand event or press trip. She is not as fucked up as Zoella but definitely not a social butterfly either.

Reactions: 20
She was always wealthy, but now she is waaaay wealthier. Both families made loads of money selling used cars and have got richer over the years. They are not in some sort of respected hundred years old family business. The way the house gets spoken about it's like they inherited a family estate. They didn't. The place was bought when Mike was an adult. She used to have ikea furniture in her teenage room. Do you think Riva will have anything cheap in her room?

Reactions: 8
This racism allegation is ridiculous. There is zero proof that Fleur prejudiced against people of colour i.e. that she has actually treated someone differently on that basis.

Reactions: 16
She was always wealthy, but now she is waaaay wealthier. Both families made loads of money selling used cars and have got richer over the years. They are not in some sort of respected hundred years old family business. The way the house gets spoken about it's like they inherited a family estate. They didn't. The place was bought when Mike was an adult. She used to have ikea furniture in her teenage room. Do you think Riva will have anything cheap in her room?
Riva 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Let's be honest she always lived in a very plastic unrealistic world she doesn't even mix with white working middle class people. She always moaned in a bratty way about how much she hated her time in LSE. In fact her life is quite solitary except for her family and friends from high school she doesn't really hang out with anyone just other influencers when she is basically obligated because they share a brand event or press trip. She is not as fucked up as Zoella but definitely not a social butterfly either.
Yeah, exactly. Her world and social circle is not set up to be accessible to anyone who is not white, not upper middle class. She collected exactly one friend at LSE.

Reactions: 4
that's super interesting i didn't know that, i thought Mike's family lived in that house for generations the way she makes it sounds. i would love to see photos of the house through some listing if anyone has it, just for my own fascination with old estates and real estate. I live in another continent and coudlnt' care less about her location.
I agree she's got a very Noveau riche feel about her and that makes sense. when did her parents make money? was she born wealthy or was it acquired as she grew up? i wonder.

There's no listing or photos other than a Christie's catalogue photo of the outside, as they bought it in 2005.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.