Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About being double jabbed...something I noticed is the massive mount of self entitled morons who just want the second jab just to be able to travel without having to quarantine at the holiday destination and back in the UK is what all what many people just care about, they don't understand that even with that you can carry and transmit the virus, that all the covid vaccines are really doubtful about effectiveness. I don't know how is the situation with children are they getting vaccinated? River is still quite little and her immune system is not mature enough to confront such an awful virus, but of course Fleur only thinks about herself

• Heart
Reactions: 16
About being double jabbed...something I noticed is the massive mount of self entitled morons who just want the second jab just to be able to travel without having to quarantine at the holiday destination and back in the UK is what all what many people just care about, they don't understand that even with that you can carry and transmit the virus, that all the covid vaccines are really doubtful about effectiveness. I don't know how is the situation with children are they getting vaccinated? River is still quite little and her immune system is not mature enough to confront such an awful virus, but of course Fleur only thinks about herself
River definitely will not have been vaccinated, but it's my understanding that the virus doesn't really affect small children. I don't think there's a huge risk TO River, but there is certainly a risk of River picking up the virus and passing it on. I mean, that's a really big part of why the schools and nurseries were closed – not because of the risk to the children themselves, but them giving it to parents/grandparents, etc.

It's ironic that Fleur started out as one of the better-behaving influencers when it came to the virus (she seemed quite genuine in the beginning, although I suppose she only showed us what she wanted us to see!). Maybe after Dubaigate she just decided to stop caring as she's probably lost all the followers she's going to lose over it at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think this is fair when there’s no evidence? Bit of an odd thing to say when there are plenty of other things Fleur does to criticise
Fair game considering that she behaved like an uncultured twit in Japan and has no friends of colour

Reactions: 5
It's ironic that Fleur started out as one of the better-behaving influencers when it came to the virus (she seemed quite genuine in the beginning, although I suppose she only showed us what she wanted us to see!). Maybe after Dubaigate she just decided to stop caring as she's probably lost all the followers she's going to lose over it at this point.
I agree, pre-Dubai Fleur seemed genuine regarding Covid rules, lockdown etc, when she adopted a 'we're all in this together' stance in her lockdown vlogs. However, I now think, along with everything else, that was a lie. Fleur was probably doing whatever she wanted and visiting family all the time. I don't believe a word she says anymore. Remember, this is the woman who posted a picture 'from her garden' when she was actually in Dubai. She got caught out, but who knows what else she lied about and got away with. Fleur does whatever she wants. She used to play it safe but she's had a very DGAF attitude since Dubai. She's not hiding anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her and her family seem like racists behind closed doors.
I wouldn't say they are overtly racist but I do remember in one of her lockdown vlogs Mike was looking at dolls for River. He pointed to a black one with an afro and said 'look, that one has crazy hair.' I tried to find it recently but she cut the clip out, I think a few people called her out about it on instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I never saw her or her family being racist at least not directly, she is a mean girl with many people yes bust racist? Considering the low cultural level she has probably is more ignoeance than racism. But saying someone is a racist just because doesn't have any friends of colour is just dumb, we are free to be friends with whoever we get a connection with not because of the ethnicity or nationality or religion

Well bit off topic, I don't know if she is racist, but she definitely is elitist and if she cared about social justice she wouldn't lead the life she does, for example traveling during a pandemic.

Fair game considering that she behaved like an uncultured twit in Japan and has no friends of colour
That's ridiculous to call someone a racist because they have no friends of colour. All my friends are white. That wasn't a conscious decision, more that I've met my friends through my school, university, work and my children's school and these have all been predominantly white places. I wouldn't choose friends on the colour of their skin but whether we got on well. Am I supposed to hunt out friends of colour to prove I'm not racist? Many of my daughter's friends are from Indian families because they are in her class at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That's ridiculous to call someone a racist because they have no friends of colour. All my friends are white. That wasn't a conscious decision, more that I've met my friends through my school, university, work and my children's school and these have all been predominantly white places. I wouldn't choose friends on the colour of their skin but whether we got on well. Am I supposed to hunt out friends of colour to prove I'm not racist? Many of my daughter's friends are from Indian families because they are in her class at school.
I have no friends of colour for exactly the same reasons. Also not a racist. I’ve never seen any evidence that Fleur is a racist & I’m a long time follower. Throwing the word racist around lessens it’s value IMO & does a disservice to the victims as racism.
I think Fleur gets a much harder time than other influencers because she is well off.

Reactions: 21
If I thought Fleur was showing active racist behavior then I would have stopped following her much earlier (being a woman of color). But with the classicism and elitism in the UK (thanks to their monarchy), it is fair to assume that excluding people of color from certain "higher" circles is a real thing. That is a racist system, no doubt about it. The UK's history is, like many other countries', deeply rooted in racism and colonialism. Does that automatically mean that Fleur herself is racist towards people of color? I don't know.

I have no friends of colour for exactly the same reasons. Also not a racist. I’ve never seen any evidence that Fleur is a racist & I’m a long time follower. Throwing the word racist around lessens it’s value IMO & does a disservice to the victims as racism.
I think Fleur gets a much harder time than other influencers because she is well off.
I respectfully disagree; for the longest time Fleur was more respected because she is well off. Over at GG people weren't allowed to make negative comments about her in the appropriate thread, because the main argument was that she was more genuine than other influencers, because she didn't need the money. Which I always thought was a crazy argument, but ok, that's how things were then. Also, lots of people admired her for her wealthy husband, their house, their travels and saw them as more classy than others. If anything, she had a big advantage for a really long time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I respectfully disagree; for the longest time Fleur was more respected because she is well off. Over at GG people weren't allowed to make negative comments about her in the appropriate thread, because the main argument was that she was more genuine than other influencers, because she didn't need the money. Which I always thought was a crazy argument, but ok, that's how things were then. Also, lots of people admired her for her wealthy husband, their house, their travels and saw them as more classy than others. If anything, she had a big advantage for a really long time.
Even on here, pre-Dubai, it was blasphemy to say anything negative about Fleur. I did a few times and was ripped to shreds by people defending her.

Reactions: 15
It’s one thing to say something negative about her with cause - that’s why we’re pretty much all here but to just say something negative for the sake of “hating” is a whole different story.
Is she a hypocrite and liar? 100%
Is she snobby and spoiled? 100%
Is she a racist? Not from anything I’ve seen her do in the last 10 or so years

Reactions: 17
I don't think they are consciously racist, I think MDF's comments stemmed from ignorance. Being black I think I'm more aware than others about the history of black hair and how it can often be seen as messy/unprofessional, hence why his comment really shocked me. But I definitely don't think they are racist at their core. I did really like Fleur's BLM stories, they seemed genuine.

Reactions: 14
If I thought Fleur was showing active racist behavior then I would have stopped following her much earlier (being a woman of color). But with the classicism and elitism in the UK (thanks to their monarchy), it is fair to assume that excluding people of color from certain "higher" circles is a real thing. That is a racist system, no doubt about it. The UK's history is, like many other countries', deeply rooted in racism and colonialism. Does that automatically mean that Fleur herself is racist towards people of color? I don't know.

I feel it’s gone from one extreme to another. Since Fleur went to Dubai it’s like she’s fair game to have any mud slung at her. Does the UK have a history of institutional racism, yes. Does that make Fleur as an individual racist in and of itself - no, IMO I don’t think that fits the definition of racism.

I’ve never seen a shred of evidence that Fleur is racist which is a very serious thing to say about anyone.

Reactions: 11
She is elitistically sheltered in a country which has favoured white people throughout history, that is why is easy to assume she is, what some said she is.

I don't remember any evidence from her videos that she really could be, but for someone with a degree in Human Geography, she is quite ignorant of other cultures.

Reactions: 6
She is elitistically sheltered in a country which has favoured white people throughout history, that is why is easy to assume she is, what some said she is.

I don't remember any evidence from her videos that she really could be, but for someone with a degree in Human Geography, she is quite ignorant of other cultures.
Nobody should assume anybody else is racist.

I started watching Fleur when she lived at the cottage with Mike and I maintain she was one of the OG ones who took longer than most to turn into a QVC presenter. It was all pretty ugly but she used to buy her own outlet bags, hauls from Clothes Show Live, Rebecca Minkoff bags when she visited Ingrid. There was no such thing as paid insta stories. We're talking 10 years ago. I actually think the first time she really showed her true self was her engagement video when it was like "Yahhhh so we're engaged, and now we're just popping back to LA in our convertible for some drinkies" - she's been a spoiled nightmare ever since she became a Bell.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.