Fleur De Force #5 Fleur De Liar, covid flyer, pandemic denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes but with which money she bought the flat, I think it was her parents who actually bought it as she wouldn't be able to justify that money herself.

Reactions: 4
Acutally, remember when they had bought that dream house (the really nice one that they bought after they got married (or thereabouts) and had been eyeing up & driving past for years) but then they moved into the main house of the family manor & everyone was shocked as to why. She said it was for family reasons or something along those lines........a bit of cooking the family books perhaps 🤷‍♀️
I think we’ve mostly agreed it was a move to avoid inheritance tax.

Reactions: 24
I think we’ve mostly agreed it was a move to avoid inheritance tax.
Perhaps but there are easier ways to avoid that. For example, make will, put the assets(house) into a trust until you die & also take out life insurance. That way everyone can live in the houses they like & have chosen themselves. Also they would be adding to the overall family property inventory. But idk 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Perhaps but there are easier ways to avoid that. For example, make will, put the assets(house) into a trust until you die & also take out life insurance. That way everyone can live in the houses they like & have chosen themselves. Also they would be adding to the overall family property inventory. But idk 🤷‍♀️
A will wouldn’t protect the house from inheritance tax. If you leave a property in your will (not to your spouse), it will count towards the value of the estate.

Mikes parents purposely gifted the house to Fleur and Mike while they’re alive, so after 7 years there won’t be any inheritance tax to pay on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yep when it comes to real estate properties doesn't matter if there is a will or you are a direct child you have to pay and a very high tax in many cases and wait a long period of time beforw the government releases the property to you, the easiest way is to switch owners while in the parents are still alive, you have to pay the paper work but is significantly less than paying tax and far less hassle.

Reactions: 6
I’m pretty sure this family will have some outstanding accountants weighing all options, if there were other ways that were financially more beneficial, they would have gone down that route.

Reactions: 13
Yes but with which money she bought the flat, I think it was her parents who actually bought it as she wouldn't be able to justify that money herself.
No way. We're talking about the time period she wrote 2 books, after she did that long stint with Sainsbury's, not long before her MAC lipstick. Absolute peak Fleur. I think it's what her accountant told her to do with the money.

I bet it's gone up in value at least £100k.

Reactions: 11
A will wouldn’t protect the house from inheritance tax. If you leave a property in your will (not to your spouse), it will count towards the value of the estate.

Mikes parents purposely gifted the house to Fleur and Mike while they’re alive, so after 7 years there won’t be any inheritance tax to pay on it.

Would Mike's parents have to pay capital gains tax though?

The globe pendant lights are beautiful. Her home style is very elegant. She should focus on that, maybe do an interior design course or something. Is she (or Mike) from an aristocratic family ?

I think her home taste isn’t bad, especially compared to her clothes. With a home like like that you have to spend a lot of money to buy the quality of fittings it deserves, that at least they do have. Her mums house is typically country money and her sisters house is nice considering the almost equally strange taste in clothes. She’s made mistakes like the clock wall which she admits to. But because her and mike are both from money and all their private school friends live in homes like that, they do know how it should look. That’s why Lydia and Josie get it wrong- trying to be something they’re not. I would love to see more of the house. Lydia goes on and on about her greedhouse and Fluer has one 3 times as big with its own Gardner that we never see!

Reactions: 22
All that renovation and her house is still tacky as hell. People confuse new with elegant.
I don't think Fleur's renovation choices are tacky, she's very classic and that's what a house like hers need. Don't you agree ?

Reactions: 22
I like her decoration style most of the time, except one of bathrooms that has a book shelf with not only a bunch of books but bottles of fancy perfumes as decoration, that is quite chavy thing Fleur has that always showing off the expensive brands that were actually gifted, all the rich people I know take those products and brands aa normal so they are not placing them as decoration or in a vanity for everyone too see.
I like how she tends to look for second hand vintage things, I mean I much prefer her than IntheFrow HORRIBLE decoration style, Although Fleur has a terrible taste for clothes, jewellery shoes, accessories, bags etc she has no sense of personal style.

Reactions: 8
Her kitchen renovation is nice, but the colour choice was incredibly trendy in 2016-17, and won't age well.

Reactions: 12
I don't think Fleur's renovation choices are tacky, she's very classic and that's what a house like hers need. Don't you agree ?
No, I do agree the renovation choices fit the style of the house. It’s moreso the decor choices I don’t find necessarily classic or tasteful. It’s just new. Not new in the sense of newly manufactured, but she’s changing it up so the novelty is still exciting to some people, but I don’t find it necessarily stylish.

Her kitchen renovation is nice, but the colour choice was incredibly trendy in 2016-17, and won't age well.
This. She was hinting at how most people would be surprised at the colors she chose and then when I saw it I thought, every blogger is doing that dark blue green color nowadays.

Reactions: 7
I went right off navy kitchens when Frow got one.

The first I saw with dark units was the Michalaks and even then (2 years ago) I thought it looked dated.

Over the years I watched her videos on and off.. always got the vibe she was tight and stingy.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.