Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Knowing by Estee Lauder is a rose based perfume - a woody aldehyde. It is strong and has longevity. It is a favourite of mine. Though it is floral it does have undercurrents of moss so it is not sweet or cloying.

Reactions: 5
It is quite masculine but I am loving Jo Malone 154. I bought it for my husband and wear it 😂.

Jo Malone wisteria and violet is one of my favs but was limited edition. Does anyone know of any similar scents?

Reactions: 1
Anyone tried YSL Libre? The intense version is gorgeous, it’s on my wishlist!

Reactions: 3
I love citrusy perfumes, my favourite at the moment is Fly Away by Mugler. Smells like grapefruit and weed!

I agree Zara makes great everyday perfumes. I currently use Zara 8.0, and I have just ordered Vetiver Pamplemousse from the Jo Malone collab.

And I bought Issey Miyake’s L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme on sale, it’s so fresh and amazing and I absolutely adore it.

Anyone tried YSL Libre? The intense version is gorgeous, it’s on my wishlist!
I bought myself the original and had the intense bought as a present, i definitely prefer the intense for an evening it’s long lasting too

• Heart
I love Jean Paul Gualtier Classique Intense. It just makes me feel warm, I can't explain it haha. It is heavy and sweet, but I like that. Bloody lasts an age, I can still smell it the next morning.

I used to love the purple Loverdose when it first came out, but after getting a bottle maybe a year ago, it just doesn't hit the same.

I tried to get into other scents, I like Gucci guilty and Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme, but I always end up back at Classique intense.

Reactions: 4
Very cheap and don't last long, but I'm currently loving H&M "Sunray" and "Lipstick" - they've sold out in the UK but are still available in other countries (I paid my fiancé's family in the US to send me some.) "Sunray", as the name suggests is supposed to smell like sunny days and is lovely if layered with Olympéa Aqua. "Lipstick" is similar to my beloved Prada Candy Gloss

Alien 👽
Daisy dream
Loverdose

and still even at 28.... sucker for a Britney Spears perfume 🤣🤣🤣 curious has always been my favourite since I was about 12 🤣🤣
I briefly dated a guy a couple of years ago that wore Britney Spears Fantasy 🤣 I didn’t find out until I started staying over, as he did wear a men’s fragrance our first few dates... I mean it does smell nice, but looking back it was probably a lucky escape when I broke it off (not because of the perfume! 😅)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I briefly dated a guy a couple of years ago that wore Britney Spears Fantasy 🤣 I didn’t find out until I started staying over, as he did wear a men’s fragrance our first few dates... I mean it does smell nice, but looking back it was probably a lucky escape when I broke it off (not because of the perfume! 😅)
Omg he wore Britney Spears perfume??! 😂 how old was he??

• Haha
Escentric molecule have a new fragrance. Well, I think it’s new anyway. It’s mandarin and I was about to make a blind buy as a summer fragrance but read some reviews that it doesn’t last very long on the skin. Anyone on here smelt it?
It’s a shame as 01 lasts on my skin all day.

I don't like wearing my nice perfume everyday, especially if I'm not leaving the house so I tried some of the Superdrug Layering Lab body mists and their Artiscent range. They're really good so I'd recommend them if you don't want to waste your good stuff! :)

I'm very into niche/unusual perfumes and am constantly finding tiny sample bottles everywhere. I wear Bleu de Chanel for occasions/if I want an ego boost at work but don't want to smell like a concept, and have a collection of État Libre d'Orange samples I'm whittling down to a shortlist (La Fin du Monde is wonderful despite the name, and Like This smells just like Christmas time in a woodland lodge after it's snowed).

My absolute favourite though is Calvin Klein's CK2. It's meant to evoke images of wet pebbles in the sun and honestly it really does that with a sort of dry floral background to it, and is evocative of the mid 90s somehow. It's gorgeous, no one I know has ever heard of it and sadly it's apparently discontinued so only seems to turn up online or at certain discounters. £30ish for 100ml though and the bottle is cool.

@it's not been changed?! is Escentric 01 worth a go? Not tried any of theirs yet

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.