Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very into niche/unusual perfumes and am constantly finding tiny sample bottles everywhere. I wear Bleu de Chanel for occasions/if I want an ego boost at work but don't want to smell like a concept, and have a collection of État Libre d'Orange samples I'm whittling down to a shortlist (La Fin du Monde is wonderful despite the name, and Like This smells just like Christmas time in a woodland lodge after it's snowed).

My absolute favourite though is Calvin Klein's CK2. It's meant to evoke images of wet pebbles in the sun and honestly it really does that with a sort of dry floral background to it, and is evocative of the mid 90s somehow. It's gorgeous, no one I know has ever heard of it and sadly it's apparently discontinued so only seems to turn up online or at certain discounters. £30ish for 100ml though and the bottle is cool.

@it's not been changed?! is Escentric 01 worth a go? Not tried any of theirs yet
I don’t know what any of the other esecentric molecule smell like, but I really like 01. Smells different on everyone, mind. I would try before you buy. Some of the reviews reckon it smells like pencil shavings 😂 🤔

I am getting lots of compliments on La vie est belle cristal soleil! It's a coconut suntan lotion version of LVEB. 3 people in the office asked who smelled like holidays. It has a lovely dry down too, quite fresh and clean whereas I found the standard LVEB as quite average sweet.

Reactions: 6
I am getting lots of compliments on La vie est belle cristal soleil! It's a coconut suntan lotion version of LVEB. 3 people in the office asked who smelled like holidays. It has a lovely dry down too, quite fresh and clean whereas I found the standard LVEB as quite average sweet.
Oooh this sounds right up my alley. I'm not a fan of the original as it seems everyone wore it at one point but i do love that coconut/beach/sun screen smell.

Reactions: 1
Wow what a cool thread! I’ve got £40 to treat myself and want to get some perfume… I get a 15% discount so that’s £46 to spend. Very specific I know… I fancy trying something new what do you recommend in this price bracket? It’s left over birthday money & with loads of other events coming up feel guilty to put any other money towards it! Mum life hey!

Reactions: 4
Wow what a cool thread! I’ve got £40 to treat myself and want to get some perfume… I get a 15% discount so that’s £46 to spend. Very specific I know… I fancy trying something new what do you recommend in this price bracket? It’s left over birthday money & with loads of other events coming up feel guilty to put any other money towards it! Mum life hey!
Well, what kind of scents do you like? Can you tell us about other perfumes you like / liked or dislike?

And when would you like to wear it? Day, night, to special events or every day....?

And are you looking for a summer scent, or a heavier scent or something for all year round?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but given there is so much perfume out there I think you would get better recommendations if you tell us a bit more about what you like and when you would like to wear it. Or you as a person.

Reactions: 5
Well, what kind of scents do you like? Can you tell us about other perfumes you like / liked or dislike?

And when would you like to wear it? Day, night, to special events or every day....?

And are you looking for a summer scent, or a heavier scent or something for all year round?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but given there is so much perfume out there I think you would get better recommendations if you tell us a bit more about what you like and when you would like to wear it. Or you as a person.
Perfumes I have had or love are paco robanne lady million and the new pink one, miss Dior Cherie, alien. But I’ve never really owned many or had anything fancy! Im not into sickly sweet, or floral type scents. I don’t wear everyday just when I’m feeling good or going out xx

Perfumes I have had or love are paco robanne lady million and the new pink one, miss Dior Cherie, alien. But I’ve never really owned many or had anything fancy! Im not into sickly sweet, or floral type scents. I don’t wear everyday just when I’m feeling good or going out xx
Hmm, Million Lady and Alien both have white floral notes (Jasmin I believe) and Dior Cherie is a bit sweet.

Maybe you like Narciso Rodriguez (it is a bit powdery), La vie est belle (Lancome, a bit sweet and floral), Ellie Saab Perfum, or - and I think you should try this first - Good Girl by Caroline Herrera, I think it works well for your purpose (to wear when you are going out, special occasions and when you feel good) and should be in your price range.

Reactions: 3
Ok guys I don’t know if anyone will be able to help here but there is a perfume I have LOVED since I was a child and still to this day I don’t know what it is.

I was in a restaurant maybe 20 years ago and the waitress serving us smelt amazing and it was this really expensive smelling like sweet vanilla scent. I asked my mum what it was and all I remember her saying is it was too expensive for me but I was 8 at the time so I dunno if that means it is actually a really premium one or not.

Over the years and even nowadays I still smell it on people but I’ve never been in the right situation to ask someone what it is! I just instantly recognise the smell and the only way I can describe it is very sweet and vanilla.

Anyone got any ideas!? Long shot I know 😂 But I will take note of any suggestions and when I next can I will go hunting it down haha
Joy by Patou perhaps?

Hmm, Million Lady and Alien both have white floral notes (Jasmin I believe) and Dior Cherie is a bit sweet.

Maybe you like Narciso Rodriguez (it is a bit powdery), La vie est belle (Lancome, a bit sweet and floral), Ellie Saab Perfum, or - and I think you should try this first - Good Girl by Caroline Herrera, I think it works well for your purpose (to wear when you are going out, special occasions and when you feel good) and should be in your price range.
Thank you so much! What amazing knowledge you have!

Go on Fragrantica and read through peoples reviews of perfumes, they are so helpful. My most complimented perfumes are funnily enough the cheapest ones, Cerrutti 1881,Hugo Boss Deep Red and Paris Hilton Paris Hilton.

Reactions: 6
I blind bought Chloe Nomad and I love it! Nothing like the original Chloe perfume. I find it a bit masculine, woody and smokey. It lasts all day too.

I blind bought Chloe Nomad and I love it! Nothing like the original Chloe perfume. I find it a bit masculine, woody and smokey. It lasts all day too.
I got it, too, but I am not too much into it anymore. I don't find it masculine at all, rather floral and with depth, maybe some moss.
Funny, how fragrances are being interpreted so differently.

I got a travel size of that in a beauty sub box and i like it, I do prefer the original Chloe though.

I just bought a bottle of one of my old faves Hugo Boss the scent for her, a lot of people don’t mention it but it’s lovely
I like classic style bottles too so it’s a win/win for me

If any of you girls are like me and love Olympea by PR - try Aurora Gold by Ann Summers! Soooo similar and only £15 ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.