Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My current obsession is Gucci Rush, it smells weirdly nostalgic to me, I think someone in my childhood must have worn it? The packaging is tacky (looks like a plastic red cassette tape) but I kinda dig it!
It’s really unique, in a good way! I can’t even think what I would compare it to!

Reactions: 1
I'm quite difficult when it comes to perfume and very few of them do it for me.

Arizona - Proenza Schouler - my all time favorite, can't get enough of it - too bad no local store sells it anymore
Everything will come together - Lola James Harper - Smells great, but more a winter scent and borders on home fragrance scents
Beach Walk - Maison Margiela - Smells really nice, but I can only tolerate smell this for a short period of time

Mademoiselle - Chanel used to be one of my favorites, but every single one of my managers wore this perfume. I can't tolerate it anymore. It reminds me of them every time I smell it. I think I have a thing for less "mainstream" perfumes.

Reactions: 2
I'm quite difficult when it comes to perfume and very few of them do it for me.

Arizona - Proenza Schouler - my all time favorite, can't get enough of it - too bad no local store sells it anymore
Everything will come together - Lola James Harper - Smells great, but more a winter scent and borders on home fragrance scents
Beach Walk - Maison Margiela - Smells really nice, but I can only tolerate smell this for a short period of time

Mademoiselle - Chanel used to be one of my favorites, but every single one of my managers wore this perfume. I can't tolerate it anymore. It reminds me of them every time I smell it. I think I have a thing for less "mainstream" perfumes.
Arizona is one of my favourites, I use it very sparingly as i know it has been discontinued. Wore to a beer garden last Sat and so many people commented on it.

Arizona is one of my favourites, I use it very sparingly as i know it has been discontinued. Wore to a beer garden last Sat and so many people commented on it.
I sometimes pick up the empty bottle and smell it as I truly miss it (I'm a bit of a weirdo). Such a nice spring/summer scent. Too bad it's been discontinued.

• Sad
I sometimes pick up the empty bottle and smell it as I truly miss it (I'm a bit of a weirdo). Such a nice spring/summer scent. Too bad it's been discontinued.
I know right? It really lingers too, I can still smell it on my skin after a shower.

Anyone remember Oceana by The Body Shop? I loved it so much but it was discontinued. I'd love a perfume that smells similar.

Ok guys I don’t know if anyone will be able to help here but there is a perfume I have LOVED since I was a child and still to this day I don’t know what it is.

I was in a restaurant maybe 20 years ago and the waitress serving us smelt amazing and it was this really expensive smelling like sweet vanilla scent. I asked my mum what it was and all I remember her saying is it was too expensive for me but I was 8 at the time so I dunno if that means it is actually a really premium one or not.

Over the years and even nowadays I still smell it on people but I’ve never been in the right situation to ask someone what it is! I just instantly recognise the smell and the only way I can describe it is very sweet and vanilla.

Anyone got any ideas!? Long shot I know 😂 But I will take note of any suggestions and when I next can I will go hunting it down haha
Did you try any of the Dior Poison ones? Possibly Pure Poison?

I worked in the perfume shop for a few years then on various perfume counters in duty free.
My top 5 of all time in no particular order -
Gucci by Gucci (my absolute all time favourite, discontinued 😭)
Flowerbomb
Kenzo Amour
Coco Mademoiselle
Tom Ford Ombré Leather - closest I’ve found to the Gucci above.

Did you try any of the Dior Poison ones? Possibly Pure Poison?

I worked in the perfume shop for a few years then on various perfume counters in duty free.
My top 5 of all time in no particular order -
Gucci by Gucci (my absolute all time favourite, discontinued 😭)
Flowerbomb
Kenzo Amour
Coco Mademoiselle
Tom Ford Ombré Leather - closest I’ve found to the Gucci above.
Is that the original Gucci in the square clear bottle with brown liquid? My dad bought my mum a massive bottle of it back in the 90s but she gave it to me as she wasnt keen. I love it but dont use it as i dont want to ever not be able to smell it.

Has anyone tried perfume parlour mojave ghost dupe and can tell me if it's the same as the original? I love the pp version so want to buy the byredo if it's very similar.

All time favourites since I was 15, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Such a nice fruity smell. I'll be so upset if it's ever discontinued 😭
20210604_095135.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
After canceling our wedding 4 times we've finally got a date for December next year....so my question is what would you recommend for a winter wedding perfume?
I want it to be special
Most wedding perfumes seem to be geared up for spring/summer.
Any ideas?!

After canceling our wedding 4 times we've finally got a date for December next year....so my question is what would you recommend for a winter wedding perfume?
I want it to be special
Any ideas?!
What are your preferences (sweet, fruity, floral, green etc) and what kind of perfumes would suit your personality?
Do you prefer a classic perfume or something more niche?

My initial thought would have been something like Angel or Alien or Jean Paul Gaultier (Scandal maybe?), these are noticeable classic perfumes.

Generally I think Jo Malone or Diptyque is nice for weddings, but their smells are usually light and there aren't many that are "winter perfumes".

Maybe I would also try something from Hermes or Chanel (No 5? Coco?) or La Vie es belle.

All time favourites since I was 15, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Such a nice fruity smell. I'll be so upset if it's ever discontinued 😭
View attachment 602427
Oh my godddd I was about to comment this. I’m obsessed with this. I don’t have a bottle anymore but I wore it constantly about 10 years ago. Best smell ever.

• Heart
I want it to be special
Any ideas?!
I'd suggest Cinema by YSL. It's a very unique scent, not super floral or fruity. It's more strong & lasts a long time. I think you should def try it out & see what you think.

Has anyone tried perfume parlour mojave ghost dupe and can tell me if it's the same as the original? I love the pp version so want to buy the byredo if it's very similar.
No, but I’ve tried the bal d’Afrique perfume oil and it’s virtually identical, so if that’s anything to go by I’d say go for it. Why don’t you try a 3ml perfume oil to start with then you’ve only spent around £4 if it’s not what you want. I’ve got heaps of their oils, and they’re great. Only ever had one or two duffs in all the time I’ve bought from them.

I'd suggest Cinema by YSL. It's a very unique scent, not super floral or fruity. It's more strong & lasts a long time. I think you should def try it out & see what you think.
This is one of my signature scents ❤❤ good choice. Perfect for winter ❄

• Heart
View attachment 602427
I was just thinking about britney spears perfumes the other day and how much I loved them when I was teenager! I might have to look this one out again!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.